There are 85 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What's the sweet spot for Glenn, Konz, Silatolu?

What's the chance one or more is available if we stand pat? Will there be a run on them early? What would be the cost to move up unto the 40s?
Konz and Glenn will go fast
I read or heard someone projecting an early run on WRs and CBs in round 2. At first glance, it seems like the Colts and Ravens might take Fleener and Glenn. I wonder what the Rams will do to kick things off.

It seems like we could probably nab Konz or Silatolu in the 40s. That's what I'm hoping for.
I was hoping for a trade back, which apperantly could have happened but it didn't, and getting Silatolu

I think that Siloatolu is worth trading up for.... dudes a beast.

best DE/OLB or S/CB in 3rd and I'll be happy
Originally posted by irishluder:
I was hoping for a trade back, which apperantly could have happened but it didn't, and getting Silatolu

I think that Siloatolu is worth trading up for.... dudes a beast.

best DE/OLB or S/CB in 3rd and I'll be happy

Trading up would probably cost us that third. Looks like it could get us to the mid 40s.
Colts take Fleener. Lock it in. That would be a sweet pick for them
7th. We don't need a o-lineman.
Originally posted by D-Money:
Colts take Fleener. Lock it in. That would be a sweet pick for them

I can see that. Luck and Fleener have the familiarity of passionate lovers.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Lol. We do actually. We have an untested 5th round pick set as our starter at RG, at the very least we need a 3rd or 4th for competition and depth. I think silatolu's mean streak will make him a target somewhere along the line unless someone else gets him first.
The Rams are sitting at 33, 39, and 45. Seems like they'll want to take one of the top WRs on the board, Hill or Randle or Jeffrey come to mind. I wonder if we could trade for one of their other picks.
Originally posted by mike:
Lol. We do actually. We have an untested 5th round pick set as our starter at RG, at the very least we need a 3rd or 4th for competition and depth. I think silatolu's mean streak will make him a target somewhere along the line unless someone else gets him first.
Well, don't "lol" too soon because that untested 5th rounder that many like you keep sleeping on is gonna surprise many. People like me was wrong on the players but right on the position. Look for us to draft for depth on defense in the 2nd, I hope at safety.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Well, don't "lol" too soon because that untested 5th rounder that many like you keep sleeping on is gonna surprise many. People like me was wrong on the players but right on the position. Look for us to draft for depth on defense in the 2nd, I hope at safety.
I liked what I saw from him in preseason, but it was preseason...I just want the best RG we can get next season. Baalke's obviously got a better idea of where the depth is at than I do but we're going to need competition at that spot one way or another whether it's in the 2nd or 3rd. I don't really want to wait till the 5th again though.
As long as we get a guard, safety or backup dl in the next rounds we will be set. I do think a second round guard may be the way to go but I believe Konz will be taken by the ravens.
We'd probably have to trade up for them. HOWEVER, Baalke will make an excellent move and probably surprise us all once again.
Originally posted by mike:
I liked what I saw from him in preseason, but it was preseason...I just want the best RG we can get next season. Baalke's obviously got a better idea of where the depth is at than I do but we're going to need competition at that spot one way or another whether it's in the 2nd or 3rd. I don't really want to wait till the 5th again though.
I know you don't wanna wait until the 5th again but I really don't think we need a G. We have one. depth on D is what we need.