There are 168 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Niners-specific Pick Prediction/Discussion Thread

Originally posted by Butter:
I'm never trying to predict Balke's moves again. Especially in the 1st.

He's is a tough one... it's a lot harder in the end of the round but like I have been saying he's definitely harder to figure out than McCloughan.
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
I think the areas they could use some depth are at guard/center, safety, and rb. Goldson is on a one year contract, I think and not sure who his back up is. So, I could see us taking a CB or safety, maybe with an eye toward flipping him into a safety. Rb wouldn't surprise me since there always seems value in the 2nd/3rd rounds. The heir apparent to Gore isn't set. A guard or center would surprise me a bit more...just cuz I'm not sure they know whats' going on with the line now that Snyders gone.
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
crossing fingers
and my toes. Seriously though, after a goods night sleep and some time to look over my draft lists Jenkins make more sense. The only guys I thought we would take were Kendall Reyes or David Wilson. All the next 30+ I think were toss-ups. Basically all second round grades but with question marks. Good football players but completely up to how each individual team decides what they and only they are looking for. That's what makes this so much fun. We all think we have a good idea and may wind up being as right or wrong as the experts. There are generally only about 20 first round graded players every year so after 20 is when it's the best fun.
Originally posted by Butter:
I'm never trying to predict Balke's moves again. Especially in the 1st.
Yeah, next year I will wait for the expert mocks to come out and then look at who the webzone loves and immediately cross all those guys off the list.
Baalke is great.

I'd like a DLine guy, Crick, Wolfe, Winn.

Not sure if they are all 2nd round grades - not that tthat matters at this point.

One thing tthat s absolutely sure - If Baalke wants the person he'll pick that person.
There are still plenty of players available with first round talent so round 2 should still be pretty entertaining.
When you look at our starters and the guys behind them, I'm looking at someone that can be our center for the longterm, a safety behind Goldson, OLB, and another TE. However if the value is at another position, then by all means, we should go in that direction. I'd actually be surprised if they go with a guard with the 2nd. It's going to be an interesting two days and one that I think will leave the 49ers in the position of being the best talented team in the NFL based on pass production (2011 season) and on paper as well. By the end of the draft, we will have more talent than we've had since our last great run in the late 90s.
If we stand pat, I wouldn't rule out the Niners taking a guy like Philip Blake, even though he is rated by most as a third to early fourth round pick.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Apr 27, 2012 at 3:55 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
He's is a tough one... it's a lot harder in the end of the round but like I have been saying he's definitely harder to figure out than McCloughan.

we always know the position but who he gets is hard

example

2010: i though baluga/trent williams and iupati

2011: i thought quinn (i didnt think aldon was a bad pick i was one of the few who supported it i thought quinn would be better though)

2012: i said kendall wright or randle

im getting the position right every time its the player i keep getting wrong
Wouldn't it be something if we landed Konz at our 2nd rounder?
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Wouldn't it be something if we landed Konz at our 2nd rounder?

I was thinking the same thing.
Best available players who could be at our next pick...

NT Thompson, Ta'amu
CB Fleming, Hayward
WR Sanu, Randle, Givens
OG Brooks, Washington
DE Still, Crick
OLB Lewis
C Konz
RB Miller
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Best available players who could be at our next pick...

NT Thompson, Ta'amu
CB Fleming, Hayward
WR Sanu, Randle, Givens
OG Brooks, Washington
DE Crick
OLB Lewis
C Konz
RB Miller

Devon Still gone to Bengals, updated list.
lamichael james because its so unpredictable at this point
Originally posted by 4everfaithful24:
lamichael james because its so unpredictable at this point

Would not be surprised honestly. Could see them taking a number of players projected to go later, including RBs Ballard, Pierce, Poole, and OC Blake.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Apr 27, 2012 at 5:36 PM ]