There are 110 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

OnTheClock's Big 253 Final Board

You know the drill. Here is my final call on the 2012 NFL Draft. OTC vs. MadDog: Round Three begins tonight.


1) This is NOT a ranking

2) This is NOT a seven round mock. A mock outside of the first round is straight-up impossible because of the sheer volume of trades that occur. For fun, just check out the number of teams that were not selecting in their preordained spot in any draft. It is spectacular.

3) This board projects the general slot area that I believe these players will fall. It may not be the exact spot, but the idea is to pinpoint the players value and likelihood of being selected in a general area or range.

The first round is mocked out with trades mixed in. The Niners selections outside the first round are NOT specifically slotted. They are considered just one of a number of targets that you will find around that certain pick slot for us.

With all that said, enjoy! Let the games begin!


OTC Big Board 253
Overall Player Position School
1 Andrew Luck* QB Stanford
2 Robert Griffin III* QB Baylor
3 Trent Richardson* RB Alabama
4 Matt Kalil* OT USC
5 Morris Claiborne* CB LSU
6 Justin Blackmon* WR Oklahoma State
7 Ryan Tannehill QB Texas A&M
8 Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame
9 Fletcher Cox* DT Mississippi State
10 Riley Reiff* OT Iowa
11 Quinton Coples DE UNC
12 Melvin Ingram DE/OLB South Carolina
13 Cordy Glenn OT/OG Georgia
14 David DeCastro* OG Stanford
15 Mark Barron S Alabama
16 Luke Kuechly* ILB Boston College
17 Whitney Mercilus* DE Illinois
18 Stephon Gilmore* CB South Carolina
19 Peter Konz* OC Wisconsin
20 Michael Brockers** DT LSU
21 Dontari Poe* DT Memphis
22 Kendall Wright WR Baylor
23 Dre' Kirkpatrick* CB Alabama
24 Jonathan Martin* OT Stanford
25 Bobby Massie* OT Mississippi
26 Stephen Hill* WR Georgia Tech
27 Janoris Jenkins CB North Alabama
28 Nick Perry* DE/OLB USC
29 Coby Fleener TE Stanford
30 Amini Silatolu OG Midwestern State
31 Jerel Worthy* DT Michigan State
32 Dont'a Hightower ILB Alabama
33 Mike Adams OT Ohio State
34 Kevin Zeitler OG Wisconsin
35 Rueben Randle* WR LSU
36 Doug Martin RB Boise State
37 Brandon Weeden QB Oklahoma State
38 Chandler Jones DE Syracuse
39 David Wilson* RB Virginia Tech
40 Mohamed Sanu* WR Rutgers
41 Bobby Wagner OLB Utah State
42 Lamar Miller** RB Miami
43 Kendall Reyes DT Connecticut
44 Courtney Upshaw DE/OLB Alabama
45 Andre Branch DE/OLB Clemson
46 Harrison Smith S Notre Dame
47 Brandon Thompson DT Clemson
48 Ronnell Lewis* OLB Oklahoma
49 Devon Still DT Penn State
50 Josh Robinson* CB Central Florida
51 Lavonte David OLB Nebraska
52 Vinny Curry DE Marshall
53 Chris Givens* WR Wake Forest
54 Shea McClellin OLB Boise State
55 Mitchell Schwartz OT Cal
56 Alameda Ta'amu NT Washington
57 Casey Hayward CB Vanderbilt
58 Mychal Kendricks ILB Cal
59 Bruce Irvin OLB West Virginia
60 Brandon Brooks OG Miami (Ohio)
61 Alshon Jeffery* WR South Carolina
62 Zach Brown OLB UNC
63 Dwayne Allen* TE Clemson
64 Brandon Boykin CB Georgia
65 Jeff Allen OT/OG Illinois
66 Trumaine Johnson CB Montana
67 Kelechi Osemele OT/OG Iowa State
68 Mike Martin NT Michigan
69 Brandon Washington* OG Miami
70 Dwight Bentley CB Louisiana-Lafayette
71 Brian Quick WR Appalachian State
72 Zebrie Sanders OT Florida State
73 Marvin Jones WR Cal
74 Ben Jones C/OG Georgia
75 Derek Wolfe DT Cincinnati
76 George Iloka S Boise State
77 Isaiah Pead RB Cincinnati
78 LaMichael James* RB Oregon
79 Orson Charles* TE Georgia
80 Brock Osweiler* QB Arizona State
81 Jamell Fleming CB Oklahoma
82 Demario Davis OLB Arkansas State
83 A.J. Jenkins WR Illinois
84 Tyrone Crawford DE Boise State
85 Alfonzo Dennard CB Nebraska
86 Kirk Cousins QB Michigan State
87 Joe Adams WR Arkansas
88 Markelle Martin S Oklahoma State
89 Cam Johnson DE Virginia
90 Jayron Hosley* CB Virginia Tech
91 Jarius Wright WR Arkansas
92 Kheeston Randall DT Texas
93 Chris Rainey RB Florida
94 Tony Bergstrom OT/OG Utah
95 Michael Egnew TE Missouri
96 Chris Polk* RB Washington
97 Josh Chapman DT Alabama
98 Philip Blake OC Baylor
99 Nigel Bradham OLB Florida State
100 Robert Turbin* RB Utah State
101 Jared Crick DT/DE Nebraska
102 Brandon Mosley OT Auburn
103 Ladarius Green TE Louisiana-Lafayette
104 Marcus Forston* DT Miami
105 Jake Bequette DE Arkansas
106 Keenan Robinson OLB Texas
107 Shaun Prater CB Iowa
108 Rishard Matthews WR Nevada
109 Antonio Allen S South Carolina
110 Donald Stephenson OT Oklahoma
111 Nick Toon WR Wisconsin
112 James-Michael Johnson ILB Nevada
113 Josh LeRibeus OG SMU
114 T.Y. Hilton WR Florida International
115 Billy Winn DT/DE Boise State
116 Leonard Johnson CB Iowa State
117 Ronnie Hillman** RB San Diego State
118 James Brown OG Troy
119 Bernard Pierce* RB Temple
120 Joe Looney OG Wake Forest
121 Hebron Fangupo DT BYU
122 Trenton Robinson S Michigan State
123 Kyle Wilber OLB Wake Forest
124 Omar Bolden CB Arizona State
125 Taylor Thompson TE SMU
126 Greg Childs WR Arkansas
127 Vick Ballard RB Mississippi State
128 Josh Kaddu OLB Oregon
129 Olivier Vernon* DE/OLB Miami
130 Keshawn Martin WR Michigan State
131 Tank Carder LB TCU
132 Tom Compton OT/OG South Dakota
133 Jaye Howard DT Florida
134 Aaron Henry S Wisconsin
135 Brandon Taylor S LSU
136 Marvin McNutt WR Iowa
137 Sean Spence OLB Miami
138 Josh Norman CB Coastal Carolina
139 Trevor Guyton DT/DE Cal
140 Tommy Streeter* WR Miami
141 Adam Gettis OG Iowa
142 Terrell Manning* OLB North Carolina State
143 Kelcie McCray S Arkansas State
144 Chase Minnifield CB Virginia
145 Nate Potter OT Boise State
146 Jonathan Massaquoi* DE/OLB Troy
147 Alex Hoffman-Ellis OLB Washington State
148 DeAngelo Peterson TE LSU
149 Senio Kelemete OG Washington
150 Asa Jackson CB Cal Poly
151 Juron Criner WR Arizona
152 Brandon Hardin S Oregon State
153 Ron Brooks CB LSU
154 Cyrus Gray RB Texas A&M
155 DeVier Posey WR Ohio State
156 Malik Jackson DE Tennessee
157 James Hanna TE Oklahoma
158 Edwin Baker* RB Michigan State
159 Coryell Judie CB Texas A&M
160 Trevin Wade CB Arizona
161 Justin Bethel CB/S Presbyterian
162 Travis Lewis OLB Oklahoma
163 Russell Wilson QB Wisconsin
164 Devon Wylie WR Fresno State
165 Miles Burris OLB San Diego State
166 Junior Hemingway WR Michigan
167 DeQuan Menzie CB/S Alabama
168 DaJohn Harris DT USC
169 Christian Thompson S South Carolina State
170 B.J. Coleman QB Tennessee-Chattanooga
171 Tauren Poole RB Tennessee
172 Michael Smith RB Utah State
173 Ryan Miller OG Colorado
174 Chase Ford TE Miami
175 Evan Rodriguez FB Temple
176 Terrance Ganaway RB Baylor
177 Mike Brewster OC Ohio State
178 Ryan Steed CB Furman
179 Ryan Broyles WR Oklahoma
180 Keith Tandy CB West Virginia
181 Najee Good ILB West Virginia
182 Coty Sensabaugh CB Clemson
183 Tim Fugger DE/OLB Vanderbilt
184 Nick Foles QB Arizona
185 Levy Adcock OT Oklahoma State
186 Eddie Whitley S Virginia Tech
187 Lucas Nix OG Pittsburgh
188 Donnie Fletcher CB Boston College
189 Drake Dunsmore TE/FB Northwestern
190 Sammy Brown OLB Houston
191 Neiko Thorpe S Auburn
192 Audie Cole ILB North Carolina State
193 Rokevious Watkins OT/OG South Carolina
194 Bryan Anger P Cal
195 Desmond Wynn OG Rutgers
196 Emmanuel Acho OLB Texas
197 Matt McCants OT UAB
198 Jacquies Smith OLB Missouri
199 Kashif Moore WR Connecticut
200 Sean Richardson S Vanderbilt
201 Ron Leary OG Memphis
202 Andrew Datko OT Florida State
203 Rhett Ellison TE USC
204 Duke Ihenacho S San Jose State
205 Dan Herron RB Ohio State
206 Jerry Franklin ILB Arkansas
207 Mike Harris CB Florida State
208 Danny Coale WR Virginia Tech
209 Matt Reynolds OT BYU
210 Jeff Adams OT Columbia
211 Dwight Jones WR UNC
212 Derrick Coleman FB UCLA
213 David Molk OC Michigan
214 Rennie Moore DE Clemson
215 Ryan Davis OLB Bethune-Cookman
216 Eric Page* WR Toledo
217 Chris Greenwood CB Albion
218 Quentin Saulsberry OC Mississippi State
219 Vaughn Meatoga DT Hawaii
220 Tavon Wilson S Illinois
221 Ryan Lindley QB San Diego State
222 Rishaw Johnson OG California (PA)
223 Jerron McMillan S Maine
224 Micah Pellerin CB Hampton
225 Chris Owusu WR Stanford
226 Matthew Masifilio DT Stanford
227 Donovan Richard S South Carolina State
228 Kaelin Burnett OLB Nevada
229 Joe Holland OLB Purdue
230 Emil Egwenagu FB Massachusetts
231 Terrence Frederick CB Texas A&M
232 Akiem Hicks DT Regina
233 Dale Moss WR South Dakota State
234 Korey Toomer LB Idaho
235 Corey White S Samford
236 Gino Gradkowski OG/C Delaware
237 Jeremy Lane CB Northwestern State (LA)
238 Isaiah Frey CB Nevada
239 T.J. Graham WR North Carolina State ]
240 David Paulson TE Oregon
241 Braylon Broughton OLB TCU
242 Markus Kuhn DT North Carolina State
243 Bobby Rainey RB Western Kentucky
244 Darius Fleming OLB Notre Dame
245 Jeremy Ebert WR Northwestern
246 Travian Robertson DT South Carolina
247 Brett Roy DL/LB Nevada
248 Louis Nzegwou DE/OLB Wisconsin
249 Ernest Owusu DE Cal
250 Jeff Fuller WR Texas A&M
251 Derrius Brooks CB Western Kentucky
252 Tim Benford WR Tennessee Tech
253 Ryan Van Bergen DT/DE Michigan
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Apr 26, 2012 at 5:08 PM ]
The Alshon Pick is surprising.

You like Randall over Crick with the #3 pick?

If Greg Childs is there at 125, I hope we don't take a TE over him..even if we've already taken a WR.

Still, I'm excited to see how your board as a whole does.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
The Alshon Pick is surprising.

You like Randall over Crick with the #3 pick?

If Greg Childs is there at 125, I hope we don't take a TE over him..even if we've already taken a WR.

Still, I'm excited to see how your board as a whole does.

I should've specified that outside the first, I am not considering the players "mocked" to the 49ers, but more just suggested targets. I had copied/pasted the old disclaimers but forgot to change it. I have edited the OP to reflect that to avoid confusion.

As you may also now notice, if you hadn't earlier, I also made changes to the 3rd pick as soon as the trade was announced before the draft officially started.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Apr 26, 2012 at 5:11 PM ]
AJ Jenkins 83rd LOL
double post.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Apr 26, 2012 at 10:07 PM ]
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
AJ Jenkins 83rd LOL

I thought he would go in the 2nd or 3rd, but wow. No one in the entire draft world, MD included, ever saw this one coming. A big mistake by Baalke in my opinion, but they must have placed ASTRONOMICAL "future value" on him, because Jenkins current value to me is no better than the 3rd.

As MD has said, Baalke's long-term approach is something he is definitely not a fan of, and depending on the situation -- I can agree to an extent, but it really does depend. I don't know their exact formula, but I can tell you I'm very unhappy with the pick. I feel like the current draft philosophy and strategy will lead to a LOT of picks like this of players going higher than expected.

Frankly though, when I watched Jenkins, I saw a mid-round guy who I got the same feeling about that I had about Larry English -- that he was a mid-round guy who was going to get drafted too early. I pray that unlike the warnings I gave about English that came true, hopefully I'm wrong about Jenkins instead.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
AJ Jenkins 83rd LOL

I thought he would go in the 2nd or 3rd, but wow. No one in the entire draft world, MD included, ever saw this one coming. A big mistake by Baalke in my opinion, but they must have placed ASTRONOMICAL "future value" on him, because Jenkins current value to me is no better than the 3rd.

As MD has said, Baalke's long-term approach is something he is definitely not a fan of, and depending on the situation -- I can agree to an extent, but it really does depend. I don't know their exact formula, but I can tell you I'm very unhappy with the pick. I feel like the current draft philosophy and strategy will lead to a LOT of picks like this of players going higher than expected.

Frankly though, when I watched Jenkins, I saw a mid-round guy who I got the same feeling about that I had about Larry English -- that he was a mid-round guy who was going to get drafted too early. I pray that unlike the warnings I gave about English that came true, hopefully I'm wrong about Jenkins instead.

Sorry, but that part is funny. I respect MD quite a but the statement makes it sound like MD is the world's foremost authority on the draft. There was a team outside the niners (presumably StL) that had Jenkins rated over Floyd. I was shocked too, but I wouldn't be surprised if in NFL circles this was not so shocking. After all, if Mike Wallace was drafted in the top 10 everyone would loose their mind, but he proved to be worth it. Time tells
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
AJ Jenkins 83rd LOL

I thought he would go in the 2nd or 3rd, but wow. No one in the entire draft world, MD included, ever saw this one coming. A big mistake by Baalke in my opinion, but they must have placed ASTRONOMICAL "future value" on him, because Jenkins current value to me is no better than the 3rd.

As MD has said, Baalke's long-term approach is something he is definitely not a fan of, and depending on the situation -- I can agree to an extent, but it really does depend. I don't know their exact formula, but I can tell you I'm very unhappy with the pick. I feel like the current draft philosophy and strategy will lead to a LOT of picks like this of players going higher than expected.

Frankly though, when I watched Jenkins, I saw a mid-round guy who I got the same feeling about that I had about Larry English -- that he was a mid-round guy who was going to get drafted too early. I pray that unlike the warnings I gave about English that came true, hopefully I'm wrong about Jenkins instead.

Sorry, but that part is funny. I respect MD quite a but the statement makes it sound like MD is the world's foremost authority on the draft. There was a team outside the niners (presumably StL) that had Jenkins rated over Floyd. I was shocked too, but I wouldn't be surprised if in NFL circles this was not so shocking. After all, if Mike Wallace was drafted in the top 10 everyone would loose their mind, but he proved to be worth it. Time tells
this
[ Edited by Godsleftsock on Apr 26, 2012 at 11:45 PM ]
yeah just shows no one really knows, Decastro fell 15 spots or so, Glenn still on the board, Fleeners, Hill, Konz. Surely all those GMs can't be clueless ?
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
AJ Jenkins 83rd LOL

I thought he would go in the 2nd or 3rd, but wow. No one in the entire draft world, MD included, ever saw this one coming. A big mistake by Baalke in my opinion, but they must have placed ASTRONOMICAL "future value" on him, because Jenkins current value to me is no better than the 3rd.

As MD has said, Baalke's long-term approach is something he is definitely not a fan of, and depending on the situation -- I can agree to an extent, but it really does depend. I don't know their exact formula, but I can tell you I'm very unhappy with the pick. I feel like the current draft philosophy and strategy will lead to a LOT of picks like this of players going higher than expected.

Frankly though, when I watched Jenkins, I saw a mid-round guy who I got the same feeling about that I had about Larry English -- that he was a mid-round guy who was going to get drafted too early. I pray that unlike the warnings I gave about English that came true, hopefully I'm wrong about Jenkins instead.

I respect the work that you and MD put on these boards. However, you guys dont see anywhere near the tape that the NFL execs do. Nor are you able to speak to the player, see the private workouts, be with them at the combines, or talk to people that know them. You see a couple of games and go by where they are ranked on the internet boards. Baalke has done a great job so far and I have to trust his judgement. As far as MD's criticism of Baalke and his long term approach.. well all I can do is laugh at that. If the Niners dont pick a player that he wants ( JJ Watts) then he becomes a harsh critic even if the player they took (Aldon Smith) becomes a star.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I respect the work that you and MD put on these boards. However, you guys dont see anywhere near the tape that the NFL execs do. Nor are you able to speak to the player, see the private workouts, be with them at the combines, or talk to people that know them. You see a couple of games and go by where they are ranked on the internet boards. Baalke has done a great job so far and I have to trust his judgement. As far as MD's criticism of Baalke and his long term approach.. well all I can do is laugh at that. If the Niners dont pick a player that he wants ( JJ Watts) then he becomes a harsh critic even if the player they took (Aldon Smith) becomes a star.

This X1000
Let's be fair here. My criticism of the Smith pick was not Smith himself. OTC and I discussed that Smith was the highest graded OLB on my board at the time of the 49ers pick. The criticism is that there were better players on the board. Smith played really well in 2011 and he may end up better than Watt. It is all about selecting the best player on the board. In my view, there were plenty other better players available at 30 than Jenkins, even though I had him 37th best overall on my board.

The future will show that the team missed a great opportunity for a more impactful player in Konz and Glenn, and really missed on the chance to go up and grab DeCastro before the Steelers, texans and Bengaks at 27 were on the clock.

Not good draft strategy. Sorry.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Let's be fair here. My criticism of the Smith pick was not Smith himself. OTC and I discussed that Smith was the highest graded OLB on my board at the time of the 49ers pick. The criticism is that there were better players on the board. Smith played really well in 2011 and he may end up better than Watt. It is all about selecting the best player on the board. In my view, there were plenty other better players available at 30 than Jenkins, even though I had him 37th best overall on my board.

The future will show that the team missed a great opportunity for a more impactful player in Konz and Glenn, and really missed on the chance to go up and grab DeCastro before the Steelers, texans and Bengaks at 27 were on the clock.

Not good draft strategy. Sorry.

There were better players on YOUR board perhaps but not on the Niners board. Watts was very highly rated but the Niners had Smith higher and it was justified based on the impact he made in their pass rush. Obviously teams did not value Konz and Glenn like you did. The Ravens need a Center badly yet they passed on Konz.

The thing I do like about Baalke is that he makes decisions based on who HE thinks is best for the organization. Not who Mel Kiper thinks. Not who Mike Mayock thinks. Not who guys on the Webzone think. Jenkins was the guy he wanted and if he thought that the Rams were going to take him then he did the right thing to pull the trigger.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
There were better players on YOUR board perhaps but not on the Niners board. Watts was very highly rated but the Niners had Smith higher and it was justified based on the impact he made in their pass rush. Obviously teams did not value Konz and Glenn like you did. The Ravens need a Center badly yet they passed on Konz.

The thing I do like about Baalke is that he makes decisions based on who HE thinks is best for the organization. Not who Mel Kiper thinks. Not who Mike Mayock thinks. Not who guys on the Webzone think. Jenkins was the guy he wanted and if he thought that the Rams were going to take him then he did the right thing to pull the trigger.

Baalke has every right to make any decision he wants, and every analyst has every right to praise or critique it. As for the Ravens, they traded down from 29, and they re-signed Matt Birk to another offseason contract for 3 years, so they are set at center for at least a couple more years.

One note: It is JJ Watt, singular, no s on the end.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
There were better players on YOUR board perhaps but not on the Niners board. Watts was very highly rated but the Niners had Smith higher and it was justified based on the impact he made in their pass rush. Obviously teams did not value Konz and Glenn like you did. The Ravens need a Center badly yet they passed on Konz.

The thing I do like about Baalke is that he makes decisions based on who HE thinks is best for the organization. Not who Mel Kiper thinks. Not who Mike Mayock thinks. Not who guys on the Webzone think. Jenkins was the guy he wanted and if he thought that the Rams were going to take him then he did the right thing to pull the trigger.

Baalke has every right to make any decision he wants, and every analyst has every right to praise or critique it. As for the Ravens, they traded down from 29, and they re-signed Matt Birk to another offseason contract for 3 years, so they are set at center for at least a couple more years.

One note: It is JJ Watt, singular, no s on the end.

Courtney Upshaw is there if Baltimore is really looking for a LB....