LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

Final, Sealed and Delivered Complete 2-round mock draft

I want a top-flight DLineman for depth. Tukuafu and RJF are great backups, but I think we'd see a dramatic drop-off if McDonald or Smith goes down. Worthy (or Crick or Wolfe) would be a much better option to step in, particularly in a year or two when we'll need them.
Originally posted by sspiker:
I want a top-flight DLineman for depth. Tukuafu and RJF are great backups, but I think we'd see a dramatic drop-off if McDonald or Smith goes down. Worthy (or Crick or Wolfe) would be a much better option to step in, particularly in a year or two when we'll need them.

Worthy can play the Nose and both end positions. RJF can too and is a fringe starter - Tukaufu not so much.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

lol
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

LULZ!!!!!!! I was looking for this.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Nick,

I like your draft.

I think 49er fans are in for a huge disappointment with the 1st pick because I too agree that we're not taking a WR in the 1st. It's going to be DL, OLB or CB. I know people are focused in on WR, but the draft is chest deep in WRs who are very similar in production and stats. The draft forces ranking - but come one you guys know that once you drop below the 15th or 20th pick in this draft for WR and OG, they all clump together in terms of risk/reward. Given the focus on offense, I think for value and ability, DL, OLB, and potentially CB will be a better option. I know people are looking at "depth" on the DL, but it's not about depth at all - it's about rotation and if you youngins remember why the 49ers dominated for almost 15 straight years was because Walsh set up a system where he planned for a starters replacement during their prime so the drop-off wouldn't be so drastic (ala the Indy Colts of 2012). Trust and believe, Polian was fired because the entire franchise was built around one guy. When that guy was hurt/left, the franchise collapsed.

My #1 preference at #30 is a cornerback!
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
this mock shyts on all the mockerys on this board! how ever did you come up with said mock. it's like you are a GM's intern or something. good job man! don't let others say otherwise
And I think that's an excellent strategy for a team that in a year will be very thin at CB and looking for another starter. Perfect in a draft where the focus in on offense at the end of every round, where the value may be there.

What I'm seeing is the best dime-package secondary in the NFL with a rookie first round CB playing in dime coverage. Josh Robinson, Janoris Jenkins if we can keep him out of jail -- somebody that falls?
Nick...I don't see it happening. I like Mayock a lot...he doesn't jump into the hype like most analysts do, but I see Baalke grabbing Silatolu and maybe a WR like Quick in 2nd...to get the guys he needs on offense early, then go basically BPA afterwards...
  • dj43
Originally posted by nickbradley:
And I think that's an excellent strategy for a team that in a year will be very thin at CB and looking for another starter. Perfect in a draft where the focus in on offense at the end of every round, where the value may be there.

What I'm seeing is the best dime-package secondary in the NFL with a rookie first round CB playing in dime coverage. Josh Robinson, Janoris Jenkins if we can keep him out of jail -- somebody that falls?
I've become increasingly interested in Jenkins. Never really considered him as it looked like he would be gone long before #30. If he drops that far, he might be hard to pass up. Depends on how his interview went.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Nick...I don't see it happening. I like Mayock a lot...he doesn't jump into the hype like most analysts do, but I see Baalke grabbing Silatolu and maybe a WR like Quick in 2nd...to get the guys he needs on offense early, then go basically BPA afterwards...

I don't see any GM spending 4 first round picks on his offensive line. Ever. Also, they like Kilgore.

I think the 49er brass realizes they are shallow in the secondary and defensive line -- our Secondary played lights out last year for their talent level and are unlikely to play to that level again without any additional injections of talent.

Originally posted by dj43:
I've become increasingly interested in Jenkins. Never really considered him as it looked like he would be gone long before #30. If he drops that far, he might be hard to pass up. Depends on how his interview went.

If Harbaugh thinks he can keep his nose clean and make him mature as a person -- steal of the draft if he can pull it off.

That's without question.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by dj43:

If Harbaugh thinks he can keep his nose clean and make him mature as a person -- steal of the draft if he can pull it off.

That's without question.

Having one or two malcontents around is probably workable. At some point, you just end up with trouble in the locker room.
Share 49ersWebzone