There are 145 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Fleener / Hill / Jenkins

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
For the record, I want a guard in the first three rounds. But comparing WR to OG? Aren't there a ton of starting guards in the NFL who were middle rounders? I'm saying it's not worth using our most premium draft pick on the position where we could have viable options. Swain is not a viable WR.

Yeah there's also a ton of WR's that are picked in the middle-late rounds. Historically WR is the position most likely to bust and least likely to start during the rookie season. Any rookie WR the 49ers bring in will be used sparingly this year as he'll be behind Crabtree, Manningham and Moss....and then you also have Ginn and Kyle Williams on the roster and so realistically one WR to develop is all they need and that can be found in Rounds 2-4 easily with the depth of WR in this draft class.
Please.

Manningham is no more then a 2nd or 3rd option. Crabs is a 2nd at best. Moss is an enigma. Ginn is not a WR. Williams can jump off a bridge.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
For the record, I want a guard in the first three rounds. But comparing WR to OG? Aren't there a ton of starting guards in the NFL who were middle rounders? I'm saying it's not worth using our most premium draft pick on the position where we could have viable options. Swain is not a viable WR.

Yeah there's also a ton of WR's that are picked in the middle-late rounds. Historically WR is the position most likely to bust and least likely to start during the rookie season. Any rookie WR the 49ers bring in will be used sparingly this year as he'll be behind Crabtree, Manningham and Moss....and then you also have Ginn and Kyle Williams on the roster and so realistically one WR to develop is all they need and that can be found in Rounds 2-4 easily with the depth of WR in this draft class.
Please.

Manningham is no more then a 2nd or 3rd option. Crabs is a 2nd at best. Moss is an enigma. Ginn is not a WR. Williams can jump off a bridge.


I know, Williams is a really athletic guy!
Williams is a more viable WR than Ginn. Believe me, I wanted Ginn to work out, but he's had enough chances to break out. Williams showed a ton of flashes as a young slot guy. Don't let the NFC Championship overshadow that.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Please.

Manningham is no more then a 2nd or 3rd option. Crabs is a 2nd at best. Moss is an enigma. Ginn is not a WR. Williams can jump off a bridge.

Yeah, they should obviously go ahead and draft Larry Fitzgerald with the 30th pick.




What don't you understand about the possibility that there are NO #1 WR's in the 1st round? That all the guys available at 30 are complementary guys the same way Manningham is, and if that is the case, you might as well wait a round or two and get similar talent at a much lower price, lol, you're a funny dude man.



"I WANT A WR DAMNIT!!!"

"....But none of the wide receivers available are better than what's already on the roster...."


"I DON'T CARE, I WANT A WR DAMNIT!!!!"


[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 26, 2012 at 12:14 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Please.

Manningham is no more then a 2nd or 3rd option. Crabs is a 2nd at best. Moss is an enigma. Ginn is not a WR. Williams can jump off a bridge.

Yeah, they should obviously go ahead and draft Larry Fitzgerald with the 30th pick.




What don't you understand about the possibility that there are NO #1 WR's in the 1st round? That all the guys available at 30 are complementary guys the same way Manningham is, and if that is the case, you might as well wait a round or two and get similar talent at a much lower price, lol, you're a funny dude man.

I dunno man. Hill looks like a #1 to me. I don't know about you, but I'm not planning for the 49ers to draft in the Top 10 anytime soon. Hill seems like the kind of guy with just the perfect combination of physical ability and production to fall into that #30 sweet spot.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
I dunno man. Hill looks like a #1 to me. I don't know about you, but I'm not planning for the 49ers to draft in the Top 10 anytime soon. Hill seems like the kind of guy with just the perfect combination of physical ability and production to fall into that #30 sweet spot.

Hill also seems like he can be a major bust. His stock blew up on the basis of his athleticism and not necessarily his on the field performance, his body of work is relatively thin, and yes I do think he's got a ton of potential, but he also represents a major risk.....I also don't think Hill will be there for the 49ers pick, have a feeling that he's going to be a Texan.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Please.

Manningham is no more then a 2nd or 3rd option. Crabs is a 2nd at best. Moss is an enigma. Ginn is not a WR. Williams can jump off a bridge.

Yeah, they should obviously go ahead and draft Larry Fitzgerald with the 30th pick.




What don't you understand about the possibility that there are NO #1 WR's in the 1st round? That all the guys available at 30 are complementary guys the same way Manningham is, and if that is the case, you might as well wait a round or two and get similar talent at a much lower price, lol, you're a funny dude man.

Funny...like the way you bring Fleener up in every thread.

You think there are none at 30, that is your opinion. Chances are you are wrong because at least 1 guy from 30 to 253 will be a star at some point. But because...follow me here, guys are graded you have a better chance of getting a better talent higher because they have a better grade.

The difference between Fleener and Hill is simple, Hill is the better athlete and knows how to block at his position and is known for it. You want a big RZ target...guess what, Hill can be that guy. Why it doesnt sink into your head is the question.


And we have s**t on the roster at WR
[ Edited by jreff22 on Apr 26, 2012 at 12:23 AM ]
lol, i thought you meant:

fleener in the first round
hill in the second round
jenkins in the third round.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Funny...like the way you bring Fleener up in every thread.

You think there are none at 30, that is your opinion. Chances are you are wrong because at least 1 guy from 30 to 253 will be a star at some point. But because...follow me here, guys are graded you have a better chance of getting a better talent higher because they have a better grade.

The difference between Fleener and Hill is simple, Hill is the better athlete and knows how to block at his position and is known for it. You want a big RZ target...guess what, Hill can be that guy. Why it doesnt sink into your head is the question.


And we have s**t on the roster at WR


Not really......Once you get past Pick 10.........the rest of the way until Round 4 its a wash historically as far as WR's are concerned...after Round 4 your odds decrease substantially round by round. Go back over the past 10 years and look at the insane amount of busts in the 1st round and the sheer number of guys like Steve Smith, Brandon Marshall and Vincent Jackson who were NOT 1st round picks.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
lol, i thought you meant:

fleener in the first round
hill in the second round
jenkins in the third round.

If they are all three available we should take Fleener or Hill first and then trade every remaining pick we have to take Jenkins around #34.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Funny...like the way you bring Fleener up in every thread.

You think there are none at 30, that is your opinion. Chances are you are wrong because at least 1 guy from 30 to 253 will be a star at some point. But because...follow me here, guys are graded you have a better chance of getting a better talent higher because they have a better grade.

The difference between Fleener and Hill is simple, Hill is the better athlete and knows how to block at his position and is known for it. You want a big RZ target...guess what, Hill can be that guy. Why it doesnt sink into your head is the question.


And we have s**t on the roster at WR


Not really......Once you get past Pick 10.........the rest of the way until Round 4 its a wash historically as far as WR's are concerned...after Round 4 your odds decrease substantially round by round. Go back over the past 10 years and look at the insane amount of busts in the 1st round and the sheer number of guys like Steve Smith, Brandon Marshall and Vincent Jackson who were NOT 1st round picks.

We should also take Streeter in the 4th.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
We should also take Streeter in the 4th.

I don't think there's that much difference between Streeter and Hill, both are raw and will need developing, both are impressive physically, I would take a guy like Jenkins in the 1st round and then someone like Streeter in the 4th where the value is far better than taking a project like Hill in the 1st.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Funny...like the way you bring Fleener up in every thread.

You think there are none at 30, that is your opinion. Chances are you are wrong because at least 1 guy from 30 to 253 will be a star at some point. But because...follow me here, guys are graded you have a better chance of getting a better talent higher because they have a better grade.

The difference between Fleener and Hill is simple, Hill is the better athlete and knows how to block at his position and is known for it. You want a big RZ target...guess what, Hill can be that guy. Why it doesnt sink into your head is the question.


And we have s**t on the roster at WR


Not really......Once you get past Pick 10.........the rest of the way until Round 4 its a wash historically as far as WR's are concerned...after Round 4 your odds decrease substantially round by round. Go back over the past 10 years and look at the insane amount of busts in the 1st round and the sheer number of guys like Steve Smith, Brandon Marshall and Vincent Jackson who were NOT 1st round picks.

Demaryius Thomas
Dez Bryant
Hakeem Nicks
Kenny Britt
Percy Harvin
Jeremy Maclin
Dwayne Bowe
Robert Meachem
Santonio Holmes
Roddy White
Lee Evans

First round picks that past few years who were taken after 10....all are better then what we have right now.
Interesting post.

I feel both Hill and Fleener will be gone.

Not a fan of Jenkins for all his problems BUT the man has real talent.

If it came down to those 3:

A). Fleener would have the biggest immediate impact in our weakest area - Big Red Zone target and receivers who can get separation.

B). There is no doubt Hill is fast, real fast. His lack of production makes me uncomfortable. Guys who did very well at the combine like Gholston and pooped in the real world scare me.

C). Jenkins worries me because of thhe PacMann syndrome.

Out of those 3 I'd go w/Fleener. That said - I think we trade back.
I'm all up on the Jenkins bandwagon at 30. Wont complain if we draft a guard or pass rusher though. Jenkins is a stud and will be a stud at the next level if he stays out of trouble. Could be pacman #2 though and that is the only reason he may be available at 30.