There are 105 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Phoenix49ers Mock Draft V3.0 Final Edition

Just going straight, pick by pick here, no trades..etc


Round 1-Janoris Jenkins-CB-Northern Alabama. Yes, he's got troubles, there have been issues but there's a lot of people who feel that this guy necessarily isn't a Pacman waiting to happen and the talent is absolutely undeniable. He could come in as a nickelback and end up as a starter by next year, the value at this pick is unbelievable, he truly does represent BPA at this point and in a passing-heavy league, you really can never have enough good cornerbacks.

Round 2-Brandon Brooks-OG-Miami of Ohio. Physically dominant road-grader type that will provide a dominant force inside at right guard for years to come.


Round 3-Markelle Martin-FS-Oklahoma State. A true "centerfielder" type of FS, as a bonus he hits like a bus and would serve to provide both depth at safety and potentially insurance in case Goldson bounces out next year.

Round 4-Tommy Streeter-WR-Miami. Great measurables, huge ceiling, but very raw, has a lot of work to do but picking him here allows him to develop, contribute in various spots and hopefully blossom into a top receiver down the road.

Round 5-Miles Burris-OLB-San Diego State. Provides much needed depth at OLB, could also contribute on special teams, good pass rusher with a solid motor.

Round 6-Sean Richardson-SS-Vanderbilt. More safety depth that this team badly needs, Richardson is fast, solid hitter and would backup Whitner.

Round 7-Chris Owusu-WR-Stanford. He's going to fall due to injury concerns but he'd be worth a shot here, especially coming out of Stanford. Fantastic measurables and a knowledge of the offense.
This would be a great draft. Well done.
I like it but I doubt Brandon Brooks will still be there when we pick in the second.
Wait...


You've been arguing with me about Coby Fleener all this time... AND YOU MOCKED JANORIS JENKINS TO THE 49ERS IN ROUND ONE?!?!?

That's it. I give up.
[ Edited by NickSh49 on Apr 25, 2012 at 6:38 PM ]
The first 3 picks make this draft for me.

Streeter has a ton of potential but needs time, and Owusu could be a solid pick if he stays healthy. I know nothing about the other 2 guys...
Originally posted by drake49er:
I like it but I doubt Brandon Brooks will still be there when we pick in the second.

That's possible although there will be major run on guards at some point and Brooks might fall through, if not him then I'd trade down and go from Brandon Washington, from the real Miami, sometime in the 3rd round.
  • mike
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,827
Boooorringg...But quite possible.

Only pick I really hate is owusu, I don't see the point in getting a return specialist who is too fragile to put on returns. Would you put him there if he wasn't from stanford? lol.
  • crew
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 18
If Ravens take Silatolu before the Niners and Jenkins is there at #30, I can see this. With taking Jenkins at #30, then definitely Brandon Brooks at #61 and he should be there. I like Martin & Streeter in 3 & 4. Would rather have Kaddu than Burris.
Originally posted by mike:
Boooorringg...But quite possible.

Only pick I really hate is owusu, I don't see the point in getting a return specialist who is too fragile to put on returns. Would you put him there if he wasn't from stanford? lol.

I like Owusu, he's got a lot of talent and potential, if not for the injury concerns he'd be looking at getting drafted anywhere from the late 2nd to early 4th, he represents good value at this point unless Baalke decides he wants to take a college DT and convert him to a center or something.
Originally posted by crew:
If Ravens take Silatolu before the Niners and Jenkins is there at #30, I can see this. With taking Jenkins at #30, then definitely Brandon Brooks at #61 and he should be there. I like Martin & Streeter in 3 & 4. Would rather have Kaddu than Burris.
He won't be there at that point in the draft. If I was going to go OLB I'd go after Mercilus or Irvin much earlier on, Irvin was a possibility I thought of in the 2nd, definitely.
  • Amir
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,858
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Wait...


You've been arguing with me about Coby Fleener all this time... AND YOU MOCKED JANORIS JENKINS TO THE 49ERS IN ROUND ONE?!?!?

That's it. I give up.

lulz

i thought for sure he was gonna have fleener too.
Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Wait...


You've been arguing with me about Coby Fleener all this time... AND YOU MOCKED JANORIS JENKINS TO THE 49ERS IN ROUND ONE?!?!?

That's it. I give up.

lulz

i thought for sure he was gonna have fleener too.

LOL. Its probably because Fleener is already off the board.

Anyways, I would look long and hard at Jenkins no matter who else is on the board. His man-to-man cover skills are top-notch, and if you judge him solely on his game, it would be a no brainer to pick him. He could help turn this defense from elite to all-time great.
  • Amir
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,858
Originally posted by SofaKing:
LOL. Its probably because Fleener is already off the board.

Anyways, I would look long and hard at Jenkins no matter who else is on the board. His man-to-man cover skills are top-notch, and if you judge him solely on his game, it would be a no brainer to pick him. He could help turn this defense from elite to all-time great.

I want JJ but not in the 1st. Too much character concern for me. We're close to teh SB, we have to have our 1st rounder come in and produce. I'd be ecstatic with him in the 2nd though.
Jenkins is a headcase, but if Harbaugh can straighten him out, this could turn out to be a magnificent draft class
Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
LOL. Its probably because Fleener is already off the board.

Anyways, I would look long and hard at Jenkins no matter who else is on the board. His man-to-man cover skills are top-notch, and if you judge him solely on his game, it would be a no brainer to pick him. He could help turn this defense from elite to all-time great.

I want JJ but not in the 1st. Too much character concern for me. We're close to teh SB, we have to have our 1st rounder come in and produce. I'd be ecstatic with him in the 2nd though.

I hear ya. Our team is so deep that I don't know if anyone we select in the 1st, unless its a RG, is guaranteed to make a big impact. I don't want another o-lineman in the 1st doe! So many possibilities my head is spinning.