There are 122 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Hammers 2012 one and only mock Draft.

No trades, straight up rounds one through seven.

Round 1
Amini Silatolu OG Midwestern State
We need a guard, there's no doubt about that, but this guys value is also on par with BPA. i wanted Zeitler at first but the more I read about him, the more I think his ceiling is capped. Some analyst think Silatolu can be better then IIupati, IMO that's a good problem to have. Plus, the dude is just nasty.
Plan B, Kevin Zeitler OG Wisconsin

Round 2
Josh Robinson, CB/KR, Central Florida
I really like the dudes game and anyone that can bring in some return skills is ALWAYS welcome!
Plan B, Brian Quick, WR, Appalachian State

Round 3
Marvin Jones WR California
One of the biggest sleepers in this draft. Jones played with some of the most below average QB's in college football and still managed to put up a 14.6 YPC average, he really showed what he could do wit a decent QB at the senior Bowl. We put a band-aid on our WR Corps for this season, I think we have two guys signed longer then 2 years? We need to address it and we could use a bit of insurance if/when the Randy Moss experiment fails.
Plan B, Jared Crick DE/DT Nebraska Would have been nice to have this guy understudy behind JSmith.

Round 4
Kyle Wilber OLB Wake Forest
We need depth and Wilbur provides that while working on ST
Plan B, Josh Kaddu OLB Oregon

Round 5
Michael Brewster C Ohio State
I really think this guy could be a top center in the league in a few years. Give him a few seasons behind Goodwin, who was a short term fix, and he should be solid.
Plan B, Alfonzo Dennard CB Nebraska

Round 6
Duke Ihenacho SS San Jose State
They paid special attention to him at the proday and we need depth at safety
Plan B, Audie Cole ILB N.C. State, need someone to replace LGrant when he's gone next off season.

Round 7
Chris Owusu WR Stanford
High risk, high reward. If he proves healthy he can contribute.
Plan B, Matt Conrath DE/DT Virginia

There you have it, eat it up, spit it out, pick it apart, do what you well.
me gusta
I could live with this draft, very nice.
Thanks, I tried to cover all needs.
Very nice
I would not be mad if this is how our draft turned out. Nice work!
I would prefer the plan B in the first round but otherwise I would be very happy with this draft.
Originally posted by Vasco49er:
I would prefer the plan B in the first round but otherwise I would be very happy with this draft.

good insight on zeitler, very true that his ceiling is shorter than silatolu's
I would be happy with this. Addresses our needs. Love the Marvin Jones and Chris Owusu selections!
I definitely like this a lot, although I don't think there's any chance that Marvin Jones makes it until our very late 3rd round pick.
Interesting take. I like it except for the Brewster pick. Just because he is from Ohio St. does not mean that he is good. He wasn't even the best Center in the Big 10, especially if you ask David Molk from Michigan . At that point I would grab a D-lineman like Trevor Guyton from Cal or Kheeston Randall from Texas as 3-4 DE's. The Niners have been checking out late round C/OG's in Gradkowski and Anvezino that could be signed as UDFA's, too.
  • crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Interesting take. I like it except for the Brewster pick. Just because he is from Ohio St. does not mean that he is good. He wasn't even the best Center in the Big 10, especially if you ask David Molk from Michigan . At that point I would grab a D-lineman like Trevor Guyton from Cal or Kheeston Randall from Texas as 3-4 DE's. The Niners have been checking out late round C/OG's in Gradkowski and Anvezino that could be signed as UDFA's, too.

My first 4 picks: Silatolu, Wolfe, Marvin Jones, Kaddu
SOLID MOCK........one of the best in that I've seen because I like the picks and they are realistic (it could actually happen) and it addresses their needs by the value on the board first and their philosophy on drafting which is address the line with the first pick. Get a good corner in the second. Take the value in the 3rd round with the WR.
Originally posted by crew:
My first 4 picks: Silatolu, Wolfe, Marvin Jones, Kaddu

I'm ok with that. Not too high on Wolfe. I'm drawing a blank right now, but I'm thinking my plan B in round 2 will be that CB from Montana, I leaned JRobinson because he has return value too.