There are 128 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

10 Things I Think Will Happen on Draft Day

Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by English:
If Fleener is there at #30 and we dont take him I predict outrage, widespread thread locking and numerous bannings.

NICE !!!

Im on the anti-Fleener bandwagon.

Meah... I'll ride the fence until the pick is made then make it sound like I was behind that decision all along...

Screw that, Go Fleener @ 30!
Originally posted by susweel:
If Fleener is there at #30 and we dont take him I predict outrage, widespread thread locking and numerous bannings.

NICE !!!

Im on the anti-Fleener bandwagon.

I'm not on either bandwagon. I honestly don't care if we draft him or not. It would be cool if we did but he's no Jimmy Graham by any means
The 49ers have done all of their homework on Jenkins. The club interviewed him at the Senior Bowl and at the NFL scouting combine. A team representative also recently spoke to Jenkins on the phone, a source told CSNBayArea.com.

Jenkins spoke about his many interviews with NFL teams.

"They see the talent," he said. "They just want to know what kind of kid I am. I came in here (the combine) to show them I'm not a bad kid. I made a few mistakes and I learned from them. Everything I did, I did. I'm admitting it. I did it. I'm looking to put that in my past and moving forward."
Originally posted by jreff22:

Other than not having red eyes apart from monday mornings, that is pretty much it!
Originally posted by lamontb:
The 49ers have done all of their homework on Jenkins. The club interviewed him at the Senior Bowl and at the NFL scouting combine. A team representative also recently spoke to Jenkins on the phone, a source told CSNBayArea.com.

Jenkins spoke about his many interviews with NFL teams.

"They see the talent," he said. "They just want to know what kind of kid I am. I came in here (the combine) to show them I'm not a bad kid. I made a few mistakes and I learned from them. Everything I did, I did. I'm admitting it. I did it. I'm looking to put that in my past and moving forward."

Don't forget, our other CB Brown was in a few bad places at the wrong time.

I hate to say this but it's almost like i don't want Fleener just to see the reaction
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Good and different post.

Disagree w/3. I think the reports on his lack-a-dasical wwork ethic will hhurt him.

Agreew/4 - and Miami will move up to get him.

I don't agree w/7. If we want him, we'll have to move up to get Fleener

Agree and disagree w/8. I think we move up. We need a player to come in, play right away and get points on the board. That player is Fleener - he fits us like a glove from day 1.

Thanks for a creative post that is very different from all the others.

This^ My outside prediction... Marvin Jones selected in round one.
Originally posted by Kaz9er:

I hate to say this but it's almost like i don't want Fleener just to see the reaction

Meltdown. Total meltdown. Draft days on here are bad enough without the rejection of a firm favourite.
Originally posted by Kaz9er:

Meltdown. Total meltdown. Draft days on here are bad enough without the rejection of a firm favourite.

Quentin Groves for the win.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Why would we draft a defensive player with our 1st pick? To ride the pine? We have no glaring need on defense (although we will definitely need a future shutdown CB). Very few teams draft BPA, despite what they claim. They draft BPA for their position of need. We will probably do the same.

I disagree. I think we have to think about our line depth. And though I love Justin Smith, if his possible replacement (two years out) is there, we need to get him. Those positions need a couple years to develop anyway.

I do agree on the future shutdown CB, if that person is there (though we have a pretty good group). Also, I think we do need a WR if it makes sense, and I never have a problem with oline. Bascially, I'm comfortable with letting BPA play out, and I'm good with Baalke doing what he thinks is right.
[ Edited by Fasteddy on Apr 24, 2012 at 2:39 PM ]
  • kush
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Fasteddy:
I disagree. I think we have to think about our line depth. And though I love Justin Smith, if his possible replacement (two years out) is there, we need to get him. Those positions need a couple years to develop anyway.

I do agree on the future shutdown CB, if that person is there (though we have a pretty good group). Also, I think we do need a WR if it makes sense, and I never have a problem with oline. Bascially, I'm comfortable with letting BPA play out, and I'm good with Baalke doing what he thinks is right.

Could not have put it better myself!
Originally posted by Baugh_Area:
Originally posted by jreff22:
we moving up or down?

I think Baalke will trade up between about 18 and 25 to secure a 1st round talent.

Yeah he said he wants somone and if he's in reach, they will pull a trigger.

He has done it before. This is what makes the draft exiting. You never know where we will be selecting. We need to make a superbowl run NOW, and higher round talents at a less difficult position (Guard), will benefit us immensely.