There are 149 users in the forums

10 Things I Think Will Happen on Draft Day

i think fleener will be there at 30.

i think he will drafted at 30.

i think it wont be the 9ers who draft him because...

i think we trade out of the first round.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Good and different post.

Disagree w/3. I think the reports on his lack-a-dasical wwork ethic will hhurt him.

Agreew/4 - and Miami will move up to get him.

I don't agree w/7. If we want him, we'll have to move up to get Fleener

Agree and disagree w/8. I think we move up. We need a player to come in, play right away and get points on the board. That player is Fleener - he fits us like a glove from day 1.

Thanks for a creative post that is very different from all the others.

Thanks a lot for the response!

If it were up to me I'd do what you say and trade up Fleener, but...I keep thinking of Desean Jackson. Watching us pass on him twice was the most heart breaking draft day experience i can remember, especially because everyone could see he had great potential, he was a local product and I never thought we'd have the chance to pass on him once, let alone twice.

I dont think Coby should last to #30 but I refuse to project Him to us. I can't have my heart broken again if we pass on my favorite prospect who also happens to make sense for us,lol.
[ Edited by Baugh_Area on Apr 24, 2012 at 7:40 AM ]
DeCastro?
Originally posted by 4t9ers:
i think fleener will be there at 30.

i think he will drafted at 30.

i think it wont be the 9ers who draft him because...

i think we trade out of the first round.

I'm afraid to say i can see this happening. Imagine the drunken rage that will flare up across the bay area.

"we waited 3 hours for THIS????!!"
Originally posted by VA49er:
DeCastro?

I think he's a lock to go between 10 and 17. If he's as good as I think he is ( The best olineman in the draft) then he'll be a steal in that range.
Originally posted by Baugh_Area:

9. The 49ers will draft a defensive player with their first pick

10. The 49ers will not draft a receiver on the first two days of the draft

So you don't think the 49ers will address the teams biggest weakness (offensive passing game) in a draft with lots of difference makers in the first 3 rounds?

That is a bad prediction. If that does play out, I would rate the draft as a total failure. I would be ok with a defensive player first (either a CB or a 3-4 DE). But to not at least take a WR in rounds 2-3 when guys like Sanu, Jones, etc will probably still be available is completely crazy. We missed the superbowl because we couldn't convert 3rd downs the NFC championship game. We WILL address that problem in either round 1 or 2.
Originally posted by Baugh_Area:
Here are 10 things I think will happen on draft weekend:

1. Andrew Luck will go #1 (there, I got the monkey off my back)

2. Michael Brockers will be the first DT to be selected and it will be in the top 10

3. Alshon Jeffery will go in the 1st round along with Justin Blackmon, Michael Floyd and Stephen Hill

4. Ryan Tannehill will be selected BEFORE number 8 and will be the last of 3 1st round QBs

5. Chandler Jones will be selected in the top 20 picks

6. Chris Rainey, TY Hilton and Juron Criner will go on day 2

7. Coby Fleener will be on the board at #30 and will not be selected

8. The 49ers will not select at #30

9. The 49ers will draft a defensive player with their first pick

10. The 49ers will not draft a receiver on the first two days of the draft

11. (You didn't think I'd really take credit for #1 did you) Quinton Coples will not be selected in the first 20 picks

So, that's my list, feel free to blast me or post some predictions of your own and get ready for some "I told you so's" because I will be sure to do the same

It's been a pleasure scouting with you this year, 'Zoners...Here's to Trent, Jim and the Boys knocking one out of the park this weekend!

Why would we draft a defensive player with our 1st pick? To ride the pine? We have no glaring need on defense (although we will definitely need a future shutdown CB). Very few teams draft BPA, despite what they claim. They draft BPA for their position of need. We will probably do the same.
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
really going out on a limb on this list ain't ya
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
If the niners dont draft a WR the first two days of the draft then Im gonna have to kick Baalke's ass again.
If Fleener is there at #30 and we dont take him I predict outrage, widespread thread locking and numerous bannings.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by English:
If Fleener is there at #30 and we dont take him I predict outrage, widespread thread locking and numerous bannings.

NICE !!!

Im on the anti-Fleener bandwagon.
Originally posted by English:

Prediction: players will be drafted... by teams
I agree with 6 of the 10. Fleener is at 30 we will pick him, Mark my Words....
One thing's certain...Baalke will throw a curve or two in this draft. How that manifests itself remains to be seen, but he's a master of disguise. It should be interesting, which is why I'll watch the entire draft.
Share 49ersWebzone