There are 151 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Two Round Collaborative Mock Draft - 4/23/12 (PTulini and WillistheWall)

Draft Order – Round 1

1. Colts – QB Andrew Luck – Stanford

2. Redskins – QB Robert Griffin III – Baylor

3. Vikings – OT Matt Kalil – USC

4. Browns – RB Trent Richardson – Alabama

5. Buccaneers – CB Morris Claiborne – LSU

6. Rams – WR Justin Blackmon – Oklahoma St.

7. Jaguars – WR Michael Floyd – Notre Dame

8. Dolphins – QB Ryan Tannehill – Texas A&M

9. Panthers – DT Fletcher Cox – Mississippi St.

10. Bills – CB Stephon Gilmore – South Carolina

11. Chiefs – ILB Luke Kuechly – Boston College

12. Seahawks – DE Melvin Ingram – South Carolina

13. Cardinals – OT Riley Reiff – Iowa

14. Cowboys – S Mark Barron – Alabama

15. Eagles – DT Dontari Poe – Memphis

16. NY Jets – OG David DeCastro – Stanford

17. Bengals – DT Michael Brockers – LSU

18. Chargers – OLB Shea McClellin – Boise St.

19. Bears – OT Jonathan Martin – Stanford

20. Titans – DE Quinton Coples – UNC

21. Bengals – CB Dre' Kirkpatrick – Alabama

22. Browns – TE Coby Fleener – Stanford

23. Lions – OT/OG Cordy Glenn – Georgia

24. Steelers – DE Courtney Upshaw – Alabama

25. Broncos – DT Jerel Worthy – Michigan St.

26. Texans – WR Kendall Wright – Baylor

27. Patriots – DE Andre' Branch – Clemson

28. Packers – DE/OLB Nick Perry – USC

29. Ravens – OG Kevin Zeitler – Wisconsin

30. 49ers – WR Stephen Hill – Georgia Tech

31. Patriots – S Harrison Smith – Notre Dame

32. NY Giants – OC Peter Konz – Wisconsin

Round 2

33. Rams – DT Devon Still – Penn St.

34. Colts – DT Brandon Thompson – Clemson

35. Vikings – CB Janoris Jenkins – North Alabama

36. Buccaneers – OLB Zach Brown – UNC

37. Browns – DE Whitney Mercilus – Illinois

38. Jaguars – DE Chandler Jones – Syracuse

39. Rams – RB David Wilson – Virginia Tech

40. Panthers – CB Josh Robinson – UCF

41. Bills – OT Mike Adams – Ohio St.

42. Dolphins – WR Rueben Randle – LSU

43. Seahawks – ILB Dont'a Hightower – Alabama

44. Chiefs – QB Bandon Weeden – Oklahoma St.

45. Cowboys – OG Amini Silatolu – Midwestern St.

46. Eagles – S Markelle Martin – Oklahoma St.

47. NY Jets – RB Doug Martin – Boise St.

48. Patriots – WR Alshon Jeffery – South Carolina

49. Chargers – DT Kendall Reyes – Uconn.

50. Bears – TE Dwayne Allen – Clemson

51. Eagles – LB Lavonte David – Nebraska

52. Titans – CB Trumaine Johnson – Montana

53. Bengals – RB Lamar Miller – Miami

54. Lions – CB Brandon Boykin – Georgia

55. Falcons – TE Ladarius Green – Louisiana-Lafayette

56. Steelers – DT Alameda Ta'amu – Washington

57. Broncos – QB Brock Osweiler – Arizona St.

58. Texans – OT Mitchell Schwartz – California

59. Packers – RB LaMichael James – Oregon

60. Ravens – OLB Ronnell Lewis – Oklahoma

61. 49ers – OG Brandon Brooks – Miami (OH)

62. Patriots – ILB Bobby Wagner – Utah St.

63. NY Giants – WR Mohamed Sanu - Rutgers

What do you guys think?
[ Edited by PTulini on Apr 23, 2012 at 3:36 PM ]
I dont see Blackmon and Floyd going in the top 10 over Couples and Ingram. Jags n Rams both need pass rushers more than WR. Those are top 10 players you have going 12 n 20. I dont think Philly passes up on Martin or Glenn for Poe either. Bell isnt reliable enough to go on and Peters could be out for more than a season. You should have went with a WR who can run routes and catch at #30. Total fail with Hill when you pass up Jenkins, Thompson, Brown and Mercilus to pick a project WR. The majority of picks made alot of sense for both need and bpa imo. Very nice work that had to be a pain for 2 people.
I like but I see 3 things I dont see happening. No way Riley Reiff slips past Buffalo (They desperately need a tackle), Mark Barron at 14 seems like a big reach but Dallas does need a Safety but I am sure they could listen to trade offers to trade back and still land him, and I dont see Jonathon Martin falling all the way to 19. I mean it is the draft and none of us dont know WTF is going to happen. Until then good job.
Great picks
I think passing up Peter Konz for Stephen Hill would be a huge mistake honestly. I don't mind drafting Hill, but I wouldn't take him ove Konz. Konz would immediately start at RG for us this year, and could eventually take over the C spot when the 49ers feel Kilgore is ready to take over at RG, or when Goodwins contract is over. I think this draft is deep enough at WR to take one later while addressing our biggest weakness at the interior of our line. JMHO.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Great picks

Great job the both of you[:youI think that may be very likely
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
I dont see Blackmon and Floyd going in the top 10 over Couples and Ingram. Jags n Rams both need pass rushers more than WR. Those are top 10 players you have going 12 n 20. I dont think Philly passes up on Martin or Glenn for Poe either. Bell isnt reliable enough to go on and Peters could be out for more than a season. You should have went with a WR who can run routes and catch at #30. Total fail with Hill when you pass up Jenkins, Thompson, Brown and Mercilus to pick a project WR. The majority of picks made alot of sense for both need and bpa imo. Very nice work that had to be a pain for 2 people.

See I just don't see the Rams investing in another DLineman after spending a first last year on Quinn, and their offense is so pathetic that Bradford has nobody to throw to. They need to get him some weapons and see if he can be the guy, and if not there's still a pretty good chance that even if Bradford isn't that great that Blackmon will be pretty productive. Same thing with Gabbert and the Jags, they need to see if he can be the guy and they have no recievers. Floyd has really good potential and guys like Greg Cosell aren't all that high on Coples after a lot of film study. Outside of Fletcher Cox there's no real DLine talent IMO that's better than either Floyd or Blackmon.

One of the reasons we like Hill is that we have Crabtree, Moss, Manningham, and Williams ahead of whoever we pick anyway. So a guy like Hill has a ton of potential and with the roster the way it is he can afford to sit and learn for a while under good coaching, and learn the routes and the offense. I don't think he'll be a bust though, he's a high effort player and a really good blocker so with that much talent I definitely think he can learn to run all the routes and work on his hands. He has the tools to be a super star. I also think he might be more ready to play than everyone thinks but he didn't get to show it with the offense they run.

Thanks for the feedback though guys. I don't think we'll change anything before the draft because there's not really enough time, but still interested to see what you all think about our mock and stuff. Will be interested to see if we actually get any of the picks right lol
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

See I just don't see the Rams investing in another DLineman after spending a first last year on Quinn, and their offense is so pathetic that Bradford has nobody to throw to. They need to get him some weapons and see if he can be the guy, and if not there's still a pretty good chance that even if Bradford isn't that great that Blackmon will be pretty productive. Same thing with Gabbert and the Jags, they need to see if he can be the guy and they have no recievers. Floyd has really good potential and guys like Greg Cosell aren't all that high on Coples after a lot of film study. Outside of Fletcher Cox there's no real DLine talent IMO that's better than either Floyd or Blackmon.

One of the reasons we like Hill is that we have Crabtree, Moss, Manningham, and Williams ahead of whoever we pick anyway. So a guy like Hill has a ton of potential and with the roster the way it is he can afford to sit and learn for a while under good coaching, and learn the routes and the offense. I don't think he'll be a bust though, he's a high effort player and a really good blocker so with that much talent I definitely think he can learn to run all the routes and work on his hands. He has the tools to be a super star. I also think he might be more ready to play than everyone thinks but he didn't get to show it with the offense they run.

Thanks for the feedback though guys. I don't think we'll change anything before the draft because there's not really enough time, but still interested to see what you all think about our mock and stuff. Will be interested to see if we actually get any of the picks right lol

I think Stephen Hill is a perfect fit for the 49ers. He's exactly what we're looking for in a WR. He has the size, speed, and he's a good run blocker coming Georgia Tech's triple-option offense! As a rookie, (worst case scenario) he could be used to stretch the field, run block, and help improve our redzone offense. Given one season to learn from a guy like Randy Moss will really benefit Hill's development into a star.
[ Edited by PTulini on Apr 23, 2012 at 6:36 PM ]
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

I think Stephen Hill is a perfect fit for the 49ers. He's exactly what we're looking for in a WR. He has the size, speed, and he's a good run blocker coming Georgia Tech's triple-option offense! As a rookie, (worst case scenario) he be used to stretch the field, run block, and help improve our redzone offense. Given one season to learn from a guy like Randy Moss will really benefit Hill's development into a star.

Yeah he can learn a lot from Moss, and just with the physical tools he has he can contribute in certain situations this year. A guy like Mercilus didn't make sense for us because Aldon and Brooks are locked up so you're basically drafting him to permanently be a back up. Just get the ball in Hill's hands and he has the tools to make things happen from the get go.
I see the Ravens taking Konz...he's an accomplished C and they need a replacement now for Matt Birk. If so, that'd free up Zeitler for us...Hill may be fast and all, but he's not going to be a starter, which is what your 1st rd pick should be. Zeitler can upgrade RG now, and eventually replace Goodwin. He's been practicing C this off-season, which shows his versatility. He's considerably stronger than Konz, which is why I believe he'll hold up better in the NFL. I really don't see Harbaalke going receiver in the 1st unless it's Fleener. If you go Zeitler, then Brian Quick would be a fine pick in the 2nd.
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
I think passing up Peter Konz for Stephen Hill would be a huge mistake honestly. I don't mind drafting Hill, but I wouldn't take him ove Konz. Konz would immediately start at RG for us this year, and could eventually take over the C spot when the 49ers feel Kilgore is ready to take over at RG, or when Goodwins contract is over. I think this draft is deep enough at WR to take one later while addressing our biggest weakness at the interior of our line. JMHO.

the upside for hill is too great. he could be a top 5 reciever.
  • crew
  • Veteran
I'd take Silatolu over Zeitler at #30, although have a feeling that Ravens might take Silatolu at #29.
In 2nd, I'd trade up to mid round to get Wolfe DT.
3rd round I would get my WR, Marvin Jones Cal
Originally posted by crew:
I'd take Silatolu over Zeitler at #30, although have a feeling that Ravens might take Silatolu at #29.
In 2nd, I'd trade up to mid round to get Wolfe DT.
3rd round I would get my WR, Marvin Jones Cal

We didn't pick Zeitler though... I'm a big Marvin Jones fan however. If Hill isn't there or we did go OG in the first, I'd love to get Marvin Jones in the 2nd or 3rd.