There are 306 users in the forums

What do the 9ers need to give up to draft Fleener?

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I think he'll be there at 30

i think so too
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
That's when the TE's being a miss match were more of a secret. Now everyone's going to want a big pass catching TE. Put it this way, if you knew what Gronk and Grahm could do and they were coming out in this years draft, would you spend the 30th pick on them. YESSSSSSSSSSSS.

Now we don't know if Fleener will be that good but that's what all the hype is about. I don't know why some people fight this thought so much. I will not cry if we don't get him, but it makes too much sense to not try.

*mispost*
[ Edited by LAFortyNinerfan on Apr 23, 2012 at 7:39 PM ]
I would be willing to part with one first round pick for Fleener. Nothing more.
Their souls.
  • Pick6
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I think he'll be there at 30

i think so too
There is NO WAY that I would trade anything to move up to get him. I too believe he will be there when we pick... and if he's not so what, next.

Oh yeah... does anyone remember a guy named Vernon Davis? If we move up in this draft it better not be for a back up TE.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by jreff22:
I dont want this guy...just to see some of you cry on draft day

this

that

double that

You guys are mean.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Fleener is so overrated it is starting to get ridiculous. One of the beat writers recently stated he was the best receiver in the draft and was worth a top ten draft pick. He can't block and he is strictly a straight line speed guy. Not worth trading anything for. He is a role player at best in the NFL.

ONE writer said he is a "straight line speed guy." That is not the consensus. Far from it. Also, he CAN block, it is just that he was not called upon to do that a lot. Pro coaches will tune up his blocking if they feel he is weak there. On the 49ers, they will almost certainly keep Nate Byham as the primary blocker and he is VERY good as a blocker.

He is not a top 10 pick but he won't last past 35 either.
Hmmm...not saying I disagree but do you think we'll roll with 4 TEs on the active roster come gameday? If so, that means we may need to sacrifice 1-2 RBs or some other position that we're in excess (loss of depth).
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
Originally posted by susweel:
I dont want this guy...just to see some of you cry on draft day

this

that

double that

You guys are mean.

he is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO overrated on this place, its worse then the Nate Davis s**t
he is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO overrated on this place, its worse then the Nate Davis s**t

Only because he's the next Jimmy Gronk.

lolz

Rob Graham.
Fleener is so overrated it is starting to get ridiculous. One of the beat writers recently stated he was the best receiver in the draft and was worth a top ten draft pick. He can't block and he is strictly a straight line speed guy. Not worth trading anything for. He is a role player at best in the NFL.

Where do you get that he "can't block"? He has some good blocking technique, he just needs to get stronger to be more effective.

I will agree though, that the "OMG how far will we have to trade up to get Fleener???" posts are getting a bit ridiculous. Two months ago people were talking about him being a 2nd round pick, now they think he's top 10-15? I don't see that happening.
Originally posted by RDB4216:

Where do you get that he "can't block"? He has some good blocking technique, he just needs to get stronger to be more effective.

I will agree though, that the "OMG how far will we have to trade up to get Fleener???" posts are getting a bit ridiculous. Two months ago people were talking about him being a 2nd round pick, now they think he's top 10-15? I don't see that happening.

he cant block well
The more I look at the possible picks at #30, and what will still be available in the next 20 or so picks, the more I am inclined to believe that Baalke will package some picks and move up for an impact player on offense, most likely a WR.

This team doesn't have a lot of roster room or need for depth. What is needed is an impact guy. So while I don't expect them to move up past 18 or so, a move to 20-22 seems a likely scenario, even though it may not be Fleener.

I agree with you in some cases. For all the people talking about Fleener, they also need to ask themselves if they are willing to part with the 1st and 3rd/4th rounder to move up and get him.

As far as this offence is concerned, I'm starting to like the addition of Fleener a bit more. Alex has always been better at working the middle of the field with TE's than he is going deep and/or outside to his WR's. By adding another big pass-catching TE we might also be playing to Alex's strengths as a QB.
Originally posted by bzborow1:
The more I look at the possible picks at #30, and what will still be available in the next 20 or so picks, the more I am inclined to believe that Baalke will package some picks and move up for an impact player on offense, most likely a WR.

This team doesn't have a lot of roster room or need for depth. What is needed is an impact guy. So while I don't expect them to move up past 18 or so, a move to 20-22 seems a likely scenario, even though it may not be Fleener.

I agree with you in some cases. For all the people talking about Fleener, they also need to ask themselves if they are willing to part with the 1st and 3rd/4th rounder to move up and get him.

As far as this offence is concerned, I'm starting to like the addition of Fleener a bit more. Alex has always been better at working the middle of the field with TE's than he is going deep and/or outside to his WR's. By adding another big pass-catching TE we might also be playing to Alex's strengths as a QB.
This x's 100.

Some Fleener people take it way too far and make all of us look like crazies. But Alex has always been his best throwing to the middle and to his TE. Fleener just gives Alex another option and his biggest struggle was the redzone. I don't see how it would hurt us to have VD, Gore, Fleener, Moss and Crabs all on the field in the redzone. Some big targets, fast targets and people that command double teams. I just hope we add guys that are ready to make the offense better asap, not another year of we struggle to score td's so we settle for field goals.
Share 49ersWebzone