There are 193 users in the forums

Ninerjohn's One and Only Niner Mock Draft

I think the Niners need to address the lines first and then skill positions later. With that here is my mock:

Round 1 Kevin Zeitler OG Wisconsin - starts from Day 1 at RG

Round 2 Derrick Wolfe DE Cincinnati - provides immediate depth and part of a rotation with McDonald and Smith

Round 3 Marivn Jones WR Cal - Might be 4th WR to start but will make impact 2nd season

Round 4 Vic Ballard RB Mississippi St - Tough runner who should fall some due to slow combine time.

Round 5 Brandon Taylor S LSU - Niners need to add at least 1 Safety

Round 6 Oliver Vernon OLB Miami Depth behind Smith, Brooks, and Harrlyson

Round 7 Quentin Saulsberry C Miss. St Niners take a look at a center for the future

Thats it. Have at it. Sorry, no Fleener, no Hill. Just a sensible draft.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Apr 22, 2012 at 9:10 PM ]
would love this draft

ALthough i dont think we need a OT i would go OLB there
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
would love this draft

ALthough i dont think we need a OT i would go OLB there

Good point. I adjusted it to add an OLB. Thanks
you had me at marvin jones
Solid draft.

I think Marvin Jones is going to be a very good pro.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
you had me at marvin jones

Me too but I'd be shocked if he lasts to that pick. I guess it depends on how many receivers go in the first but from what I've read he should go in the second round. I think he would be great in our offense.

I think Zeitler would be a good pick as well
Zeitler and Jones? I love it based on that alone. Great job John.
Nothing wrong with that mock
Its a safe mock. Fills a need on the OL and improves the depth across the board. But it doesn't make us any better in 2012.

Honestly, I don't see us making the super-bowl unless we do more to improve the offense. Our running game will probably regress... can't keep relying on Gore to run for 100 yards per game. And we are still one injury away from having the worst group of starting WRs in the league. We NEED a draft that is focused on strengthening the offensive skill positions.
First 3 rounds would get us an A+ from experts.

Originally posted by blm7754:
Its a safe mock. Fills a need on the OL and improves the depth across the board. But it doesn't make us any better in 2012.

Honestly, I don't see us making the super-bowl unless we do more to improve the offense. Our running game will probably regress... can't keep relying on Gore to run for 100 yards per game. And we are still one injury away from having the worst group of starting WRs in the league. We NEED a draft that is focused on strengthening the offensive skill positions.

I hear you. I think Marvin Jones can be a very good WR though and would be a nice addition to our skill position. Ballard is an underrated RB too and I dont believe in drafting a RB in the first 2 rds unless they are truly special (like Trent Richardson). I disagree that we need a draft that focuses soley on skill positions though. The only spot that any rookie is going to come in and start right away and make a huge impact is at RG and Zeitler could be that guy.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I like it a lot...and you're right - we have a very similar draft. I have Jones in 3rd and I've us going DE and then Guard in the first two rounds and you have it the other way round. We both have a RB getting drafted in 4th.

I really expect DE position to be address in the first two rounds - I like taking a DE in the first round because there will be LOT of value there at the end of 1st and Guards are usually a little easier to find later in the draft. Having said that, I like Wolfe a lot and Zeitler is a terrific player.
Would really like this but I'm not sure Derek Wolfe will be around that late in the 2nd. He's a borderline first IMO.
I approve

Originally posted by Sjceruti:
Would really like this but I'm not sure Derek Wolfe will be around that late in the 2nd. He's a borderline first IMO.

You may be right. I know Kiper has been very high on him and suggesting he could go that high. Most other sources have anywhere from 2nd to 4th rounds which is why I put him in rd 2. Think he would be a nice fit for Niners.
Share 49ersWebzone