There are 54 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

D-Money's Final Mock Draft!!!

Why would you draft a WR who has as many drops as receptions with a 1st rd pick? If it was in tribute to the memory of Al Davis good job. If not its a s**t pick because we need WRs who can make the tough catches for 1st downs.
Pretty good - I like a trade-up in the 2nd for a RG. I would take Randle or Jeffery before Hill though - just my preference
  • kush
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Why would you draft a WR who has as many drops as receptions with a 1st rd pick? If it was in tribute to the memory of Al Davis good job. If not its a s**t pick because we need WRs who can make the tough catches for 1st downs.

Jimmy, of it came down to Alshon vs. Hill, then we sure as hell better take AJ, but that's not to say there's nothing to like about Hill.

He displays natural hands on tape and is able to pluck the ball out of the air in stride. In addition, I truly think you can see his wheels on the field unlike typical workout warriors(watch how fast he eats up cushion and how effortless he looks doing it). While his route tree is likely diminished and he has not had to face the complex coverages he will in the pros, it looks like there's no reason he can't develop further and begin to look more like Andre Johnson than demaryius Thomas.
Like the mock.

Not sure if those players will be there.

Like Wolfe - he definitely won't be there.

I think we can get the Duke - good move.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I know nothing about college football, though i do like marvin mcnutt.this sounds like it is very good but do you think we need to spend a draft pick on a tight end sometime in the draft. this is NOT a fleener question
Originally posted by cciowa:
I know nothing about college football, though i do like marvin mcnutt.this sounds like it is very good but do you think we need to spend a draft pick on a tight end sometime in the draft. this is NOT a fleener question

While exluding Fleener, I dont think there is a tight end in the draft better than Delaine Wlaker. I dont see us keeping more than 3 TE's. So no, we dont need to draft a tight end this year at all, it would be a luxury pick, and maybe not a smart choice at all. No tight end besides Fleener would make the field in any other role than special teams. Just IMO.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Pretty good - I like a trade-up in the 2nd for a RG. I would take Randle or Jeffery before Hill though - just my preference

Thanks N.B., I'm starting to resepect your opinions on players, much like I do with M.D. and OTC.
But if those three wideouts are on the board at #30, which is a very real possibility, Hill would be my pick all day, obviously not based on production but on potential in the pros. Hill, followed by Randle and then Jeffery. Randle seems very similar to Crabtree, does everything good but not great. And Jeffery looks like a posession receiver at the most. Hill, has the size of Jeffrey, but his speed and vert measurables are outrageous. Would love to see Smith throw it up to him all day in the corner of the redzone. But he is a gifted blocker as well. Just my two cents.