LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 365 users in the forums

D-Money's Final Mock Draft!!!

Anyone else get the feeling that Harbaugh is like I can do more with less on offense, so he might tell Baalke just to keep adding to the defense. Well, Baalke doesn't listen after that pathetic reciever crew we had in the playoffs last year. And this is how the draft goes...and good luck to all with your big boards, projections, and to the 49ers.

1st round-#30- Stephen Hill, WR, G-Tech

I believe Baalke will frustrating wait for our pick, resisting temptation to move up. Asses who is left on our board, Fleener is gone in top twenty. And unable to resist his temptation once again, he selects Hill. I don't want to compare him to Megatron, because he is not that polished or as far along in his developmental process. However he is extremely similar to another former Yellow Jacket, Demarious? Thomas. Thomas is a number one receiver. I beileve Hill has the same roots, potential, and promise as both Thomas and Megatron. Throw the ball up in a jump ball situation with him one on one in the redzone all day. He is also a fierce blocker, willingly accepting the role in darn impressive fashion.

2nd round-#48- Amini Silatolu, G, Midwestern State,

Unexpected to fall the niners at the bottom of round two. The niners move up, trading second (#61) and third (#92)rounders to New England. As good as Stephen Hill can be, he will be a situational package type player his first year (much like Aldon Smith was) as he adjusts to the pro game. The niners have one spot on their team where they need a player in on every play. It's the starting right guard spot. For my good concience I feel like the niners have to fill this spot, or it could be a revolving door at the position. I wanted Zeitler but he is gone. Silatolu may be the only other guard Baalke has a second round grade on. He trusts his scouts opinions and makes the pick as evidence of the Culliver and Miller picks last year. Silatolu is a beast and could be the missing link to our o-line's play. This pick has to be made in order for Alex Smith, and our offense to grow.

3rd round-traded

4th round- #125- Derek Wolfe, DE/DT- Cinncinati.

The niners have a great d-line, the problem is no one out of the top four guys, (McDonald, Soap, J.Smith, and Francios) are proven. Dobbs and Tukafolu? looked very good in preseason of 2011 but does not make them legitmate back ups. Wolfe is a great insurance policy should one of the top four guys go down. While, I don't think he can play nose, he can provide depth and skill at both defensive end positions.

5th round- Duke Ihenacho, SS/FS, SJSU

This kid is ready to play for the niners and would welcome a spot on the Tony Montana squad. If anyone else can stand to watch SJSU play on Saturdays (must be a gambler..ahem) you would've seen a one man wrecking crew with Duke on defense. He has great awareness, and is very physical. He was one of the main reasons, SJSU was actually in and won games this year.

6th round- Kyle Wilber, OLB, Wake Forest

The niners have pretty good depth throughout their team now. Now it's just adding the BPA. Wilber is strong at the point if attack, can play standing up or with his hand in the ground. He has quietly had two very good back to back seasons. He knows how to get to the quarterback, he has a lot of untapped potential. And could be a steal at this point.

7th round- #237- Jeff Demps- RB, Florida

Yes he is going to try and make the olympic squad because that's how fast this guy is. I think we draft him here as something may not work out for him and his olympic goals. Or he could return to want to play football at any point. Either way a seventh rounder will have a hell of a time making the roster this year anyways.
Nice mock, but I don't think Wilber we be there that late.
Like this mock. My feeling is that Wolfe won't be there at the end of the fourth, but would be ecstatic if he was.
I can live with that draft. I don't think we will trade up. Baalke probably won't do it in the 1st round. Too much value to give up. He will let it fall to #30 and pick.
Silatolu is a hot prospect. He's viewed as a mauler in the Iupati mold. Grabbing him at our current 2nd round spot doesn't seem realistic anymore.
I can dig it, nice mock!
I want Hill
nice job
it works

Originally posted by strickac:
Silatolu is a hot prospect. He's viewed as a mauler in the Iupati mold. Grabbing him at our current 2nd round spot doesn't seem realistic anymore.

Hence the trade.
Solid mock, Wilber might go higher. Hill, Randle or even Wright may be there at 30.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Solid mock, Wilber might go higher. Hill, Randle or even Wright may be there at 30.

love the draft. and imo we already have crabtree, wright and randle are the same. im all in with the hill pick
That's for the feedback guys. Is it Thursday yet?
That's for the feedback guys. Is it Thursday yet?
Share 49ersWebzone