LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 285 users in the forums

Has anyone in the Zone been to the NFL Draft...live??

I went last year. It was amazing. Totally worth the wait. Actually, even the waiting was fun. It's all football fans busting each other's balls. Plus I got to meet Goodell. The day of, my buddy and I got chosen to watch the red carpet special. I was close enough to touch all the top picks, but the highlight was standing right behind Barry Sanders as he gave an interview. Inside, it's like being at home but with thousands of die-hard football fans. I sat next to another niner fan, and we just talked shop all day. Plus he friend was a Jags fan who spent the whole week talking about what a big mistake it would be if the niners took Gabbert. He was super pissed when the Jags traded up to take him.

If you are really into the draft and it's feasible to go, do it. Bring a friend, and I guarantee you will have a blast.
Originally posted by jb49ers80:
I went last year. It was amazing. Totally worth the wait. Actually, even the waiting was fun. It's all football fans busting each other's balls. Plus I got to meet Goodell. The day of, my buddy and I got chosen to watch the red carpet special. I was close enough to touch all the top picks, but the highlight was standing right behind Barry Sanders as he gave an interview. Inside, it's like being at home but with thousands of die-hard football fans. I sat next to another niner fan, and we just talked shop all day. Plus he friend was a Jags fan who spent the whole week talking about what a big mistake it would be if the niners took Gabbert. He was super pissed when the Jags traded up to take him.

If you are really into the draft and it's feasible to go, do it. Bring a friend, and I guarantee you will have a blast.

Thanks, jb! That just about convinced me. Now my only obstacle is getting time off from work. I even have some buddies who are set to roll with me. Is it true that the fans have separate team sections in the crowd? Because I wanna sit in the Niner section and get rowdy! Then it's off to Finnerty's (a 49er bar in the East Village) to celebrate HarBaalke's picks!!
[ Edited by 21SandersMoss84 on Apr 22, 2012 at 8:07 AM ]
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
Thanks, jb! That just about convinced me. Now my only obstacle is getting time off from work. I even have some buddies who are set to roll with me. Is it true that the fans have separate team sections in the crowd? Because I wanna sit in the Niner section and get rowdy! Then it's off to Finnerty's (a 49er bar in the East Village) to celebrate HarBaalke's picks!!

No, there aren't separate sections, unfortunately. I was just lucky enough to be next to a niner fan.

Also, the night before waiting in line was awesome because there were so many fans from so many different teams, but we could all rally behind hating the Cowboys fans!
Share 49ersWebzone