1. Luck

2. RGIII

3. Kalil

4. Tannehill

5. Claiborne

6. Cox

7. Blackmon

8. Ingram

The 49ers make a call to either Carolina at #9 or Buffalo at #10 and offer our 2012 #1, our 2012 #2, and our 2013 #1 in exchange for their pick in order to draft Trent Richardson. Are you happy with the trade? Ecstatic? Angry? What is your take?
Originally posted by nickbradley:
So on Thursday, here is how the Top 8 or 9 goes:

1. Luck

2. RGIII

3. Kalil

4. Tannehill

5. Claiborne

6. Cox

7. Blackmon

8. Ingram

The 49ers make a call to either Carolina at #9 or Buffalo at #10 and offer our 2012 #1, our 2012 #2, and our 2013 #1 in exchange for their pick in order to draft Trent Richardson. Are you happy with the trade? Ecstatic? Angry? What is your take?

Won't happen, Trent is gone by #5
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

*if*?

*if*?

That is a really steep price. I suspect that if he were there lot's of other teams would be interested as well.
*if*?

i think trent richardson is going to be a great RB but IF we do that trade (which i doubt) im taking floyd there
That is a really steep price. I suspect that if he were there lot's of other teams would be interested as well.

draft value chart points-wise its dead-even
Upset
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Weren't you the person complaining about unrealistic trade scenarios? What makes this any less ridiculous than the trades you ridiculed?
Not going to happen Next year there is going to be a lot more and as good running back. I would be angry with the trade giving up too much for too little.
Originally posted by overthemiddle:
Not going to happen Next year there is going to be a lot more and as good running back. I would be angry with the trade giving up too much for too little.

i wouldn say too little though next year is stacked with RB but none of them are better than richardson

I wouldn't be mad at all. I think we have other needs but Richardson IS GIFTED AND SPECIAL.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by overthemiddle:

i wouldn say too little though next year is stacked with RB but none of them are better than richardson

My too little wasnt a slam on Richardson I think he is a very very good back but I think its too much for him. We do need a RB just dont want to mortgage the future.
I don't think I've seen a mock lately showing him drop past the top five or six so...whatever. Two firsts and a second for a RB? No, I believe Harbaugh's system will be diverse enough to open holes for good running backs so this price is too steep. But Richardson and the two QBs are the three players I could see a team trading up to get.
Trade Alex Smith and the 30th Overall pick to the Colts for Andrew Luck..haha that would be my dream
Only incompetent organizations trade multiple early round draft picks for Running Backs. And Baalke is no idiot.

The shelf life for a RB is 3 years. Even the really good ones are lucky if they are still productive after the age of 28.

Yet you are talking about trading 3 potential future long term starters in exchange for a RB.

It has been proven time and time again. You do not need to waste a first rounder on a RB if you want to get a stud. Damn near all the top RB's in the league last year were drafted outside of the first round. Foster, McCoy, Gore, MJD, Forte, Rice, Murray and Turner.
Share 49ersWebzone