There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

National Football Post 3 round mock

What is so good about Hill? It cant be that he ran a fast time in his underwear? I dont understand why anyone wants to draft in the first round with a guy that has a big upside and a big downside. Too risky if you ask me. I think Baalke and Harbaugh is going to dissapoint a lot of people. I also think we need a safety before a corner. Hayward is a good corner though.
Want a WR and a RG in the first two or three rounds. Not sure if Boone or Kilgore can start and play well next year at RG. But if Harbaugh has faith in them and does not pick a RG high then...OK! These two are the only real concerns for the coming year although DBs and OLB are always needed. Don't think there is any room for another DL unless there is an injury...like our back ups.
Originally posted by overthemiddle:
What is so good about Hill? It cant be that he ran a fast time in his underwear? I dont understand why anyone wants to draft in the first round with a guy that has a big upside and a big downside. Too risky if you ask me. I think Baalke and Harbaugh is going to dissapoint a lot of people. I also think we need a safety before a corner. Hayward is a good corner though.

he also gets i and out of his breakes very quickly mayock said on his pro day while running pro style routes he was quick and went in and out of his routes faster than anyone he has seen from his size

that benig said if we do draft him i dont think he will make too much of an impact next year but a full year of training and seeing limited action i think in 2013 he can be our #1 WR
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by overthemiddle:
What is so good about Hill? It cant be that he ran a fast time in his underwear? I dont understand why anyone wants to draft in the first round with a guy that has a big upside and a big downside. Too risky if you ask me. I think Baalke and Harbaugh is going to dissapoint a lot of people. I also think we need a safety before a corner. Hayward is a good corner though.

he also gets i and out of his breakes very quickly mayock said on his pro day while running pro style routes he was quick and went in and out of his routes faster than anyone he has seen from his size

that benig said if we do draft him i dont think he will make too much of an impact next year but a full year of training and seeing limited action i think in 2013 he can be our #1 WR


Still too risky for me, but what the hell do I know lol. If we draft a receiver they wont be playing much anyways. There are 46 spots on the team that suit up for games going to be hard for any draft pick to make the first 46 this year. That hasnt happened in many years.
Originally posted by overthemiddle:
Still too risky for me, but what the hell do I know lol. If we draft a receiver they wont be playing much anyways. There are 46 spots on the team that suit up for games going to be hard for any draft pick to make the first 46 this year. That hasnt happened in many years.

im not saying its not

he is a risk but he is a hard worker who has talent

personally hard work + lots of talent means he will reach at least most of his potential

i agree he may not make an immediate impact but crabtree and manningham are very capable WRs and moss will be good in the RZ and will win a lot of one on one matchups
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
im not saying its not

he is a risk but he is a hard worker who has talent

personally hard work + lots of talent means he will reach at least most of his potential

i agree he may not make an immediate impact but crabtree and manningham are very capable WRs and moss will be good in the RZ and will win a lot of one on one matchups


I have complete trust in Baalke and Harbaugh (for now anyhow) if they select Hill or anyone else I will for sure be on board with all picks.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,145
id definitely wet my pants if we had the first two. hill easily holds future fore wr. with end zone help and the burner we need. NOT TO MENTION THE BLOCKING HES BEEN DOING while racking up 30 ypc
  • fan49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,145
Originally posted by overthemiddle:
What is so good about Hill? It cant be that he ran a fast time in his underwear? I dont understand why anyone wants to draft in the first round with a guy that has a big upside and a big downside. Too risky if you ask me. I think Baalke and Harbaugh is going to dissapoint a lot of people. I also think we need a safety before a corner. Hayward is a good corner though.

really?? fastest reciever in the draft, huge so he helps immediately in endzone. and we run alot hes been a great blocker through his whole career. I guess having 30 yards a catch is garbage?!?!
Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by overthemiddle:
What is so good about Hill? It cant be that he ran a fast time in his underwear? I dont understand why anyone wants to draft in the first round with a guy that has a big upside and a big downside. Too risky if you ask me. I think Baalke and Harbaugh is going to dissapoint a lot of people. I also think we need a safety before a corner. Hayward is a good corner though.

really?? fastest reciever in the draft, huge so he helps immediately in endzone. and we run alot hes been a great blocker through his whole career. I guess having 30 yards a catch is garbage?!?!


I didnt say anything about him and garbage. I just think its a risk pick. He very well could be dynimite.
Originally posted by overthemiddle:
I didnt say anything about him and garbage. I just think its a risk pick. He very well could be dynimite.

this

you guys no need to overreact

he is giving his opinion which is true

from what people see on the field he is no better than a 2nd round pick who would most likely go in 3rd

only reason he is going in 1st is his combine measurements which is why again he is a risky pick
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,085
I would cream my pants if this happened.
Hill is a very logical choice because he solves two problems: deep threat speed and a big redzone target. Also, he is very raw which will serve this team well. While we throw out Moss, Mario, Crabtree, and Williams, Hill can learn how to become a better route runner in 2012 and ready to contribute 2013. Remember, the draft is down the line rather than immediate contributions.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,145
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
this

you guys no need to overreact

he is giving his opinion which is true

from what people see on the field he is no better than a 2nd round pick who would most likely go in 3rd

only reason he is going in 1st is his combine measurements which is why again he is a risky pick

his production would have been easily 1500 yards seing the ball 70 times... but he was in a triple option. so the fact that he is used to blocking and very good at it, then can simply burn corners, or sit in the endzone is not much of a risk
  • fan49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,145
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Hill is a very logical choice because he solves two problems: deep threat speed and a big redzone target. Also, he is very raw which will serve this team well. While we throw out Moss, Mario, Crabtree, and Williams, Hill can learn how to become a better route runner in 2012 and ready to contribute 2013. Remember, the draft is down the line rather than immediate contributions.

agreed. its too much of a risk not to get him if hes there.
Originally posted by valrod33:
I would fly out to Wes Buntings house and blow him if thats how our draft went
^Hella gay.
But the draft is legit, hard to hate on those picks for the first three rounds
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home