There are 361 users in the forums

Idaho's Final Mock

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Ok here it is. My final Mock Draft. Taking into consideration all offseason moves thus far.

1. Coby Fleener - Stanford - TE
2. Alshon Jefferey - South Carolina - WR
3. Ben Jones - Georgia - C/G
4. Antonio Allen - South Carolina - S
5. Justin Bethel - Presbyterian - S
6. Elvis Akpla - Montana St. - WR
7. Louis Nzegwu - Wisconsin - DE/OLB

Please Discuss.

Not a fan of this draft. First of all the team does not need to draft 2 WRS. The 6th round pick would be a complete waste. Moss, Manningham, Crabtree, Williams, Ginn, ... the team isnt going to keep 7 WRS.

Fleener would be a nice addition but TE is a luxury and not a huge need. A true OG like Zeitler would be perfect for the Niners at #30.

I also dont like the fact that you took 2 safetys and didnt even try to address the teams need for depth on the DL with a 3-4 DE.

To address the Oline...I think Kilgore starts regardless. Ben Jones would be a great addition.

I dont think any WR on the roster is a lock going into next season. Ginn will not see playing time at WR, and he, along with maybe manningham are the only WR's i see as locks going into week one.

I Like the backups on the Dline. The starters are very durable

We only have one backup safety on the roster.

Oh really? Crabtree isnt a lock to make the team? I would say that Ginn will get time at WR but either way its a roster spot and the Niners wont carry more than 5. They wont be drafting 2 WRS. Kilgore would certainly NOT be a lock to start over someone like Zeitler. Hell, he couldnt even get on the field ahead of Chilo.

Crabtree is far from a lock. I agree if we spent a first round on a Guard that teh 1st rounder would have a chance to start, but i still think Kilgore would have the edge. Its not an easy offense for olineman to master.

Have you forgotten how thin our WR core got last year? If moss fizzles out, or manningham gets injured we are back to square one all over again. I fully expect atleast two more WR's to be brought in for camp.

Sure they will bring in undrafted players to camp. That happens all the time. I just dont believe that they will draft 2. As for Crabtree, I couldnt disagree more. He will be on the team. He may not be a great #1 WR but until the playoffs he was producing and is a solid #2 guy.

we will have to agree to disagree on crabtree. Im one of his harshest critics.

I agree that my Akpla pic is a luxury, but he is my draft crush, and i feel he could come in and contribute instantly. Right now the only WR's i have ahead of him are Floyd, Blackmon, Wright, Jefferey, and Randle. He is the 6th WR on my board. I understand i am in the minority on that though and probally the only person alive that has him ranked that high.
Almost time!
Thought it would be a good time to go back and look at my mock draft.

Rounds 1 and 2 were solid, Fleener was the popular pick here in round 1, though had i had my way at the actual time of the draft i would have taken Jenkins. Jefferey was pretty much my pick in the second for the entire offseason. I really liked Jeffery despite being told he was slow, fat, and lazy.

Jones, Bethel, and Akpla are still on the teams that took them i beleive, although they havent really done anything. Jones is a very versitile backup for his squad. Nzegwu had a strong camp for Carolina this year, but last i saw they released him at the final cuts. Not sure if he made their practice squad or not.

Crabtree proved my bust label wrong last season, but is unhealthy again this season.

Rounds 1 and 2 were solid, Fleener was the popular pick here in round 1, though had i had my way at the actual time of the draft i would have taken Jenkins. Jefferey was pretty much my pick in the second for the entire offseason. I really liked Jeffery despite being told he was slow, fat, and lazy.

Jones, Bethel, and Akpla are still on the teams that took them i beleive, although they havent really done anything. Jones is a very versitile backup for his squad. Nzegwu had a strong camp for Carolina this year, but last i saw they released him at the final cuts. Not sure if he made their practice squad or not.

Crabtree proved my bust label wrong last season, but is unhealthy again this season.

Akpla is coaching high school football homey
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Akpla is coaching high school football homey

ahh, cool. I thought he made their squad again. I loved him lol.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I don't think it would be prudent selecting a safety with our first pick. We need a Wr or Cb.
Wrong thread Mayo?
Wasnt a fan of your draft at the time and havent changed my mind. Jefferey has the makings of a solid WR2 and worth a 2nd rounder. I still think Fleener in the first was a major reach. I will say this.. better than the Niners draft that year which was a complete waste.
Share 49ersWebzone