There are 194 users in the forums

Thoughts on RB Chris Rainey or Jeff Demps?

These guy gets no love anywhere. I watch alot of SEC football being a Bama fan and these guys are electric. I really see them getting picked up in about the 3rd round at latest. Their speed is uncanny and like Primetime says "speed can not be coached". We would not have to play them not just at RB but WR as well. I figured with the team still interviewing RB's even though we already have a crowded backfield it would still not surprise me if we draft RB. Our Front Office is so unpredictable now so theres no telling what we do. I just thought these guys deserves a mention and could one of the biggest big play threats of this years draft.

[ Edited by NC49erfan82 on Apr 19, 2012 at 9:04 AM ]
Pretty sure Demps is pursueing a career in track, and Rainey is the typical scat back you can get in the 3rd or later.
laMichael James
Originally posted by valrod33:
laMichael James

I was a fan of him last year but I quickly saw how over rated he was the more I paid attention to him. I think he is a good back to but my favoritism dropped on him compared to last year. I see him as a late 2nd to 3rd rounder as well.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Pretty sure Demps is pursueing a career in track, and Rainey is the typical scat back you can get in the 3rd or later.

Yeah just read about Demps pursuing track. Man what a baller he would be. Good luck to him though.
Florida running back Jeff Demps affirmed his decision to focus on a track career by skipping the N.F.L. combine last month. Demps remained unmoved when his teammate Chris Rainey called to tease him, suggesting that he should have participated in the showcase simply to show off his 40-yard-dash time. Even that would have been a distraction for Demps. Forty yards is far too short a distance for Demps, and spending any moment thinking about the N.F.L. is nothing short of a waste of time for him. "I still love the game of football, that will never be taken from me," said Demps, who ran 6.56 seconds Saturday to capture his third consecutive 60-meter title at the N.C.A.A. indoor track and field championships. "But I just enjoy running. I have to be out there on the track." That drive is what motivates Demps, who walked away from a possible third- or fourth-round draft selection and the fame and money that would have accompanied it. It is also what could land Demps on the United States team that will compete this summer in the London Olympics. "Jeff works as hard as anyone I've ever coached," said Florida Coach Mike Holloway, who is also an assistant for the United States, concentrating on sprinters. "But he's still got things to work on to be where he needs to be." Perhaps it is more where Demps wants to be, trading his Gators colors for Olympic attire and a future track career. "Growing up, I was always a football player, so I never dreamed of running in the Olympics," said Demps, whose father starred in football and whose mother excelled in track. "But in high school when I started to run, something just turned on in me. I would love to be able to run for the Olympic team one day." - Jason Chatraw, The New York Times
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Yeah just read about Demps pursuing track. Man what a baller he would be. Good luck to him though.

He might of broken the combine record had he shown up for the 40, supposedly he's ran a 4.18 before... think of what that would of done to his draft stock.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:

He might of broken the combine record had he shown up for the 40, supposedly he's ran a 4.18 before... think of what that would of done to his draft stock.

^ thats sick
I can run a 4.18........ in the 12 yd dash
Originally posted by 228niner:

with the wind im sure

Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by 228niner:

with the wind im sure

I would take Chris Rainey in the 2nd or 3rd without a doubt! He obviously has elite speed, but his hands are really impressive as well and I think he can play a similar role as Percy Harvin. As a number 3,4 or 5 weapon in your arsenal, that's not bad at all.
Share 49ersWebzone