There are 458 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

do niners have interest in brandon weeden?

in the peter king si mockdraft king has browns trading for pats 1st rd pick to take brandon weeden, noting they move ahead of teams interested in weeden, which, he says, includes the niners
lol
Stupid...
Here is the scoop with Peter King. He is the most abused man in the NFL draft. People throw more smokescreen his direction than any other person who covers the draft.

The team is not drafting another QB in 2012. They have four under contract right now. The biggest question is who emerges as the number two in 2012: Kaepernick or Josh Johnson.
hofer loves him some Peter King.

Make it stop!!!!
Surely you jest?

The very short answer, Hell NO!
Lmao Yea we are going to draft a quarterback whos older than our head coach
Yea somebody gave King some smokescreen info.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
did you really just post this? All you have to ask yourself is will we really carry 5 final roster caliber QBs on our roster? Much less use a 1st or 2nd round choice on one? Seriously if we drafted Weeden then we might as well trade or cut Alex, Kaepernick and Johnson and keep Tolzien as the #2 lmao.
Originally posted by sfout:
did you really just post this? All you have to ask yourself is will we really carry 5 final roster caliber QBs on our roster? Much less use a 1st or 2nd round choice on one? Seriously if we drafted Weeden then we might as well trade or cut Alex, Kaepernick and Johnson and keep Tolzien as the #2 lmao.

yes---i asked it in the form of a question as i doubt it too...but king is a journalist who has been around a long time....i thought the question might raise some interesting discussion
Take him at 30! He's only 28, he can sit and learn behind Alex for the next 3 years, and then learn behind Kaepernick for at least another 3, then Lord Tolzein for 5. Think of all that practice, he will be a HOF caliber starter and ready to go once he hits 39 with almost no wear and tear. Pull the trigger Baalke! ... but aim at Peter King first.
Peter King is terrible.
lawl