LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 217 users in the forums

1st round mock, theninermaniac

Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Every mock I've seen has Ryan Tannenhill going at 8 to the Dolphins. Poe is the most over rated player in the draft. Anyone that's available at 30 will be there in the second. Unless some gift falls to the Niners trading down may be the way to go.

Applying your logic, why would another team bother to pay to move up if anyone that is available at 30 will still be available in the 2nd round.

Unless someone has dropped dramatically we may find it difficult to get value in such a trade. Personally I think we are more likely to trade up a few places.
Good mock but I think Blackmon and Claiborn switch. Why would TB pick a WR? They have good young WR talent. Blackmon isnt a better wr then claiborn is a cb.....is he? TB needs a corner cuz Barber is old and Talib is in trouble. Likewise, STL needs a WR in the worst way.
[ Edited by GoldandGarnet on Apr 15, 2012 at 5:28 AM ]
Bills will not take a WR! Jets will not take a corner, and Jenkins will fall to the 2nd.
Originally posted by fortyniner52:
Bills will not take a WR! Jets will not take a corner, and Jenkins will fall to the 2nd.

Try this! Beautiful mock
http://fantasyfootballjungle.com/2012_nfl_mock_draft/fortyniner52/4254/
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
disagree

we dont have a quick shifty guy for 3rd downs and we dont have a deep threay

wright fills both needs

wright also will be a playmaker if we get him he is the only guy who is a threat to take it to the hosue everytime he touches the ball

Im more concerned about getting a big red zone target. Manningham should be our shifty 3rd down guy. Moss should be our deep threat.
The draft looks good but all the mocks look good. I think the one thing that is going to happen is that Baalke/Harbaugh will do the unexpected. That seems to be there idenitity.
  • sfout
  • Veteran

Yes the Bills will take a WR if Floyd or Blackmon is still there. The #2 receiver right now is Donald Jones who after 2 years in the NFL has less then 50 catches for less then 500 yards. Bills will take a WR before round 2 is out.

Edit: If Whitney Mercilus is there at 30 and expected to go 2 picks later we would probably take him as he actually fills a need and would basically still be one of the BPA. Still, while he is a great pick means that we would have to kick one of our developmental players in Dobbs, Williams, Tukuafu, or even RJF to the curb which I dont see happening, but you have to make the team better and if Still was the guy then I'm sure he would more then adequately replace any of those 4. But I still think that based off your mock that Mercilus would be a better choice.
[ Edited by sfout on Apr 15, 2012 at 8:05 AM ]
Originally posted by sfout:
Yes the Bills will take a WR if Floyd or Blackmon is still there. The #2 receiver right now is Donald Jones who after 2 years in the NFL has less then 50 catches for less then 500 yards. Bills will take a WR before round 2 is out.

Edit: If Whitney Mercilus is there at 30 and expected to go 2 picks later we would probably take him as he actually fills a need and would basically still be one of the BPA. Still, while he is a great pick means that we would have to kick one of our developmental players in Dobbs, Williams, Tukuafu, or even RJF to the curb which I dont see happening, but you have to make the team better and if Still was the guy then I'm sure he would more then adequately replace any of those 4. But I still think that based off your mock that Mercilus would be a better choice.
i dont know if they will take a WR that early though this is a deep class and they have a more immeadiete need in the DB and CB position

they did have one of the worst pass rush in nfl but they got mario williams it also wouldnt surprise me if they spent another pick on a passrusher like couples or ingram
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Im more concerned about getting a big red zone target. Manningham should be our shifty 3rd down guy. Moss should be our deep threat.

Manningham is not shifty but is a long strider, as is Moss. Cruz did such a good job over the middle for NY as he is shifty. Williams is now the most likely candidate for "shifty" on the 9ers roster as I don't consider Ginn to be much of a threat. As far as RZ goes I think the 9ers have Moss 6'4" (?), VD 6'3", Crabtree 6'1", Williams 5'10, Walker 6'0", Manningham 6'0" in that order. I think a tall WR or TE would be a good addition.

Not sure whether to call Crabtree's style shifty, which it is, or herky jerky, which may be more accurate.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Apr 15, 2012 at 9:29 AM ]
Originally posted by sfout:

Not gonna happen cuz! For that matter there has not been a good TE in that offense for years. I could see them even trading down for Fleener before they draft WR in the 1st rd. In the 2nd rd or beyond... yes! Not trying to say I can predict this, but come back to this post after rd1 and I guarantee its not WR.

I have the browns taking blackmon @4, Fleener @22, and ether williams, miller, or martin. which ever back they like the best in the second round. then they can address other needs. there d was pretty stout last year they just had no o.
Fortyniner52 if we could get those three guys with the first three picks, I would be superstoked! I would love getting Silatolu in the 2nd round. But very unsure they all three of those guys would be available when we pick. I can only hope. Don't know anything about Jackson and Pellerin, but DT and CB are needs.

Also I'm unsure that we "need" turbin with the 3rd, but if he was there, it would be hard to pass on him.

Coby Fleener
Silatolu, Amini, OG Midwestern State
Robert Turbin
Jackson, Malik, DT Tennessee
Micah Pellerin, CB, Hampton
Originally posted by Oldschool9erfan:
Fortyniner52 if we could get those three guys with the first three picks, I would be superstoked! I would love getting Silatolu in the 2nd round. But very unsure they all three of those guys would be available when we pick. I can only hope. Don't know anything about Jackson and Pellerin, but DT and CB are needs.

Also I'm unsure that we "need" turbin with the 3rd, but if he was there, it would be hard to pass on him.

Coby Fleener
Silatolu, Amini, OG Midwestern State
Robert Turbin
Jackson, Malik, DT Tennessee
Micah Pellerin, CB, Hampton
Thats what I thought too. I really don't see an absolute need for RB this yr. but he was there in my mock so I couldn't help myself I kinda hope it's Brian Quick if he's there.
[ Edited by fortyniner52 on Apr 15, 2012 at 12:08 PM ]
Originally posted by Izyniner:
I have the browns taking blackmon @4, Fleener @22, and ether williams, miller, or martin. which ever back they like the best in the second round. then they can address other needs. there d was pretty stout last year they just had no o.

this
Browns arent taking Blackmon OR Fleener. Blackmon isnt worth the 4th pick and doesnt fill as much of a need as Richardson does and the Browns have too many holes to pick Fleener when they still havent figured out how the hell to use Evan Moore at TE and picked Jordan Cameron last year.
Share 49ersWebzone