LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 394 users in the forums

Cleveland open to trading fourth overall pick...

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by DVDA:
Originally posted by Vasco49er:
Originally posted by DVDA:
Until they get a quarterback the Browns are going nowhere in that division. They should have traded up for RGIII.

Quarterback might not be the problem. Its hard for any QB to succeed when he has zero weapons.

The Browns have Greg Little, Joshua Cribbs, and Mohamed Massoquoi. That would be enough with a decent quarterback, they just don't have one.

Cribs is not what he once was

last year id say browns jaguars and rams were the only teams with worse WR conditions than us its pretty amazing we were in the NFCCG and pretty amazing what alex did considering the talent

anyway that being said i dont think colt is agreat qb but they have to surrond him with some talent they have none around him
my buddy is a die hard browns fan...he has wanted a WR for the past 3 years and really wants Blackmon. They had a great running game 2 years ago and still sucked...Colt needs weapons.

If I was drafting for them I would do this:
1a Blackmon
1b Adams
1c Tannehill (late trade)

1a Blackmon
1b Adams
2 Martin/Wilson/Miller

1a Richardson
1b Adams
2 Jeffery
My best friend in Central Ohio is a big Browns fan, and I threw him a major curveball with my three selections:
1. Claiborne- best player on the board, and in a position that lasts far longer than RB (and I think Richardson is an amazing talent).
2. Hill- will develop to be the best vertical threat since Braylon Edwards, in his glory year....minus the attitude.
3. If available- Martin- all purpose back with good size.

Knowing the Browns very well, they will end up screwing this one up. It is...the Browns.
my buddy is a die hard browns fan...he has wanted a WR for the past 3 years and really wants Blackmon. They had a great running game 2 years ago and still sucked...Colt needs weapons.

If I was drafting for them I would do this:
1a Blackmon
1b Adams
1c Tannehill (late trade)

1a Blackmon
1b Adams
2 Martin/Wilson/Miller

1a Richardson
1b Adams
2 Jeffery

i wouldnt take blacmon in any other draft he isnt top 10 talent

id i were them id go with:

1a trent richardson
1b coby fleener
2. alshon jeffery
I'm all for trading down, but that's only if you really don't like anyone at your current pick... OR... you like someone else, but you can probably get him later and, if you trade down, you can pick him another draft pick.

Trading down to collect draft picks when you already have the league-high in picks suggests that you aren't comfortable in your scouting, and would prefer to have a higher chance of getting a good player with more picks. I don't think this is totally wrong, but it looks really spineless and when you're a bottom-dwelling team... it doesn't send a positive message to fans.
Originally posted by Wubbie:
I'm all for trading down, but that's only if you really don't like anyone at your current pick... OR... you like someone else, but you can probably get him later and, if you trade down, you can pick him another draft pick.

Trading down to collect draft picks when you already have the league-high in picks suggests that you aren't comfortable in your scouting, and would prefer to have a higher chance of getting a good player with more picks. I don't think this is totally wrong, but it looks really spineless and when you're a bottom-dwelling team... it doesn't send a positive message to fans.

it can also mean that they have so many holes they want to stock up on more picks inside the top 3 rounds
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d8284e46f/article/eagles-rams-reportedly-eye-browns-top-pick-in-nfl-draft?module=HP11_headline_stack

I understand that you have to keep all options open in the NFL at all times but I just don't understand the logic here from the Browns standpoint. Unless this is a "smoke and mirrors" kind of ploy, the Browns are a struggling franchise. They haven't been relative for quite sometime and you can rest assured that fanbase is getting sick of "mediocrity" at best. Here they are with a very solid defense but a offense that was downright embarrasing at times last season and you have two first round picks one of which is a top five pick. I think if Justin Blackmon is sitting there and there is a good chance he could be or you have a chance to take a Trent Richardson, you have to do something to get this fanbase energized about.

I actually think Colt McCoy has some ability and it's unfair to judge his production until you get this man some weapons. Greg Little showed some flashes last season but it's going to take a lot more than him to get this offense turned around. Maybe at 22 you could look at a Coby Fleener and I know it's a potential reach at 22 for Fleener but your giving McCoy another security blanket and a tall red zone target.

I just think the Browns need to be less focused on trading back as they already have the most draft picks in the league with 13 and more focused on adding impact players where they already are. Does anybody else agree?

THE WHOLE DRAFT DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND F'ING COBY FLEENER.

Originally posted by NickSh49:

you dont believe grant cohn saying hes a top 5 pick?
It just says they are open to it and will entertain offers. If management doesn't like Mccoy then they have to find a way for a top pick next year which would mean maneuvering to get a 2nd first rounder next year. Otherwise keep using all these picks to load the team for when they do like a QB they can get their hands on. I would move down a bit for a 1st rounder next year. They could end up with Floyd and the 2nd best running back in the draft. Next year if Mccoy doesn't step up they would have ammunition for the top QB. Something Miami might consider if they like Tannehill so much. They might want to go the New England route and have a couple 1st and or 2nd rounders every year.

Fleener is a good player but top 5 pick .

With the amount of picks that the browns have they can really make a splash with the first three picks. I would go Trent, Fleener, then with the 4th selection of the second round and another pick move back into the first round to ahead of the niners to nab randle.

Or they could trade down and get extra pick for next year and then get Floyd and the next best rb, grab a te later.

Either way this will give Colt the weapons he needs and if he still doesn't work out, at least the next rookie qb will have experienced players he can rely on so he doesn't have to do it all in his first season.
Originally posted by WildBill:
With the amount of picks that the browns have they can really make a splash with the first three picks. I would go Trent, Fleener, then with the 4th selection of the second round and another pick move back into the first round to ahead of the niners to nab randle.

Or they could trade down and get extra pick for next year and then get Floyd and the next best rb, grab a te later.

Either way this will give Colt the weapons he needs and if he still doesn't work out, at least the next rookie qb will have experienced players he can rely on so he doesn't have to do it all in his first season.
Why would the Browns draft Fleener?

I swear to god you guys focus on one guy waaaaaaay too much
Why would the Browns draft Fleener?

I swear to god you guys focus on one guy waaaaaaay too much

i hope the browns take fleenr

that way one more WR will fall (wright or hill)

Funny how many threads seems to find a way to be about Fleener, regardless of ther topic.
Share 49ersWebzone