LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 276 users in the forums

Cleveland open to trading fourth overall pick...

In most drafts I'd be for them trading bak, but Richardson is a beast! He's the best RB prospect to come out in years. In fact, maybe even better than AP.

They can take Richardson, then come back and draft WR/TE with the next two picks. This draft could reshape their offense for years to come.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Until they get a quarterback the Browns are going nowhere in that division. They should have traded up for RGIII.
RBs are no longer as valued in today's NFL. It's now about having a stable of RBs to match production.

Richardson in the top 10 by any team is a horrible pick, IMO. They should draft Blackmon.
the Eagles are apparently looking to move up there? who would they be targetting?
If they pass on Trent Richardson it'll be Tony Dorsett all over again.
Think they should take Richardson if he's there but trading back and up for more late first, early seconds seems a rational approach.
Originally posted by strickac:
In most drafts I'd be for them trading bak, but Richardson is a beast! He's the best RB prospect to come out in years. In fact, maybe even better than AP.

They can take Richardson, then come back and draft WR/TE with the next two picks. This draft could reshape their offense for years to come.

lost you there
Originally posted by DVDA:
Until they get a quarterback the Browns are going nowhere in that division. They should have traded up for RGIII.

Quarterback might not be the problem. Its hard for any QB to succeed when he has zero weapons.
They Should just stay where they ae they are in perfect position to get two high impact players in the first round, they could go Richardson at #4 and Wright at #22 or Blackmon/Martin. I don't think trading there picks would improve the team more than just stayng where they're at.
[ Edited by Kaz9er on Apr 15, 2012 at 6:44 PM ]
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by strickac:

lost you there

Physically, they are head and shoulder above everyone else. Richardson is a much better receiver at this point. The huge red flag with AP was his durability (injury concerns). Richardson doesn't have any negatives.

Browns need weapons...McCoy had very few last year, thus, some of the most boring offensive games of the season. Take Richardson, then if teams want to move up to #22, listen to their offers. If they stand pat, they can get the best RB and one of the best WR's...that's a darn good start to remaking their offense.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Vasco49er:

Quarterback might not be the problem. Its hard for any QB to succeed when he has zero weapons.

The Browns have Greg Little, Joshua Cribbs, and Mohamed Massoquoi. That would be enough with a decent quarterback, they just don't have one.
Originally posted by D-Money:
They need to take Richardson. Don't know why they are even thinking about trading down. Theyre a running team,They play in the cold, and they have no running back? If they pass on Richardson the fan base will flip. And I would not take Blackmon with the fourth overall pick either-just me.

they have been a running team for years and its not helping....they need WR help badly

The Browns have Greg Little, Joshua Cribbs, and Mohamed Massoquoi. That would be enough with a decent quarterback, they just don't have one.

Cribs is not what he once was
Originally posted by jreff22:

Cribs is not what he once was

last year id say browns jaguars and rams were the only teams with worse WR conditions than us its pretty amazing we were in the NFCCG and pretty amazing what alex did considering the talent

anyway that being said i dont think colt is agreat qb but they have to surrond him with some talent they have none around him
Share 49ersWebzone