LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 306 users in the forums

Cleveland open to trading fourth overall pick...

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d8284e46f/article/eagles-rams-reportedly-eye-browns-top-pick-in-nfl-draft?module=HP11_headline_stack

I understand that you have to keep all options open in the NFL at all times but I just don't understand the logic here from the Browns standpoint. Unless this is a "smoke and mirrors" kind of ploy, the Browns are a struggling franchise. They haven't been relative for quite sometime and you can rest assured that fanbase is getting sick of "mediocrity" at best. Here they are with a very solid defense but a offense that was downright embarrasing at times last season and you have two first round picks one of which is a top five pick. I think if Justin Blackmon is sitting there and there is a good chance he could be or you have a chance to take a Trent Richardson, you have to do something to get this fanbase energized about.

I actually think Colt McCoy has some ability and it's unfair to judge his production until you get this man some weapons. Greg Little showed some flashes last season but it's going to take a lot more than him to get this offense turned around. Maybe at 22 you could look at a Coby Fleener and I know it's a potential reach at 22 for Fleener but your giving McCoy another security blanket and a tall red zone target.

I just think the Browns need to be less focused on trading back as they already have the most draft picks in the league with 13 and more focused on adding impact players where they already are. Does anybody else agree?
they they must not be high on justin blackmonand rather trade back a bit to get a guy who they think is better for better value
They need to take Richardson. Don't know why they are even thinking about trading down. Theyre a running team,They play in the cold, and they have no running back? If they pass on Richardson the fan base will flip. And I would not take Blackmon with the fourth overall pick either-just me.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by D-Money:
They need to take Richardson. Don't know why they are even thinking about trading down. Theyre a running team,They play in the cold, and they have no running back? If they pass on Richardson the fan base will flip. And I would not take Blackmon with the fourth overall pick either-just me.

not to mention they play some 2 of the top 5 run defenses in NFL 4 times a year, plus the bengals are up and coming finally. Richardson and Alshon Jeffery or Rueben Randle in round 2 would be one hell of a start to the draft for them.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
they they must not be high on justin blackmonand rather trade back a bit to get a guy who they think is better for better value

Or they remember the trade that went down for Julio last year and RGIII this year.
If the right offer comes along - take it.

If they traded down and picked up another second and another first next year - why not?

If they could trade down and pick DeCastro and then next best running back and another pick next year, that would be an off the charts move.

Anything can happen - the Hershal Walker trade, the Ricki William trade come to mind.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Or they remember the trade that went down for Julio last year and RGIII this year.

This. Trade-down a bit, still have the ability to add a guy like Michael Floyd or Kendall Wright......plus they have a 2nd 1st rounder, they can add someone like Lamar Miller.....lots of depth at WR across the board.
Sometimes, trading down hinders a team if they do not draft well. I think they should stand pat and grab Richardson. He's the best running back prospect coming out of college since Peterson. In this case, take the talent and help out the quarterback by giving him a run game.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Sometimes, trading down hinders a team if they do not draft well. I think they should stand pat and grab Richardson. He's the best running back prospect coming out of college since Peterson. In this case, take the talent and help out the quarterback by giving him a run game.

I would trade down if I thought I could still get Floyd. Pick up a 1st, 2nd and 4th rounder for going down about 10 spots.

1A-Michael Floyd
1B-Kendall Wright

2nd Round-Lamar Miller

4th-Michael Egnew

Offense revitalized.
Browns need lots of help. One player isnt going to turn around that franchise. Trade down and get some picks they need lots of players might just be a good move on their part.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I would trade down if I thought I could still get Floyd. Pick up a 1st, 2nd and 4th rounder for going down about 10 spots.

1A-Michael Floyd
1B-Kendall Wright

2nd Round-Lamar Miller

4th-Michael Egnew

Offense revitalized.
that would be a good friggin draft for the browns...that is if McCoy can perform at a decent level. But if he can thatd be a good offense

Running backs... IDK when you look at the teams that have drafted a RB high in the first, usually it doesn't turn out the way the teams had hoped, whether from injuries or just failing to live up to the hype.

2010 - CJ Spiller, Bills
2009 - Knowshon Moreno, Broncos
2008 - Darren McFadden, Raiders
2007 - Adrian Peterson, Vikings
2006 - Reggie Bush, Saints
2005 - Ronnie Brown, Dolphins; Cedric Benson, Bears; Cadillac Williams, Bucs

Only Adrian Peterson has been worth his draft position, and the jury is still out on CJ Spiller, but except for the Saints, none of those teams have won a super bowl and Bush was not that big of a factor and definitely did not live up to the huge hype.
shouldve gotten RGIII...
They have 13 picks and this draft has some studs. i say stay still in the first bc they have the ability to go up from 22 to get another playmaker.
Originally posted by Squidp:
They have 13 picks and this draft has some studs. i say stay still in the first bc they have the ability to go up from 22 to get another playmaker.

This, as I said in my original post they already have the most picks in the NFL at 13 and they really need somebody to get this fanbase going and they have traded down in two out of the last three drafts, so I'm not sure trading down yet again is going to get anyboby excited and like somebody said already, this is only an effective method when you have shown that you can draft well which juding by the constant losing seasons they have had, they have not proven such. I say stay put and get you and Trent Richardson type of guy and start gettng this offense some help.
Share 49ersWebzone