There are 136 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

So who else would be in on the Ryan Tannehill sweepstakes if there's such a thing?

Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Ok Tico... let's make a bet. If he goes 21 or after, I win. If he goes 20 or under, you win. What you wanna bet? Something simple or silly. Us being over the internet, betting something substantial is probably not a great idea.

standard bet is username change

I'm down. Personally, I'd want mine to be a salute to one of the greatest 49ers quarterbacks of the Mike Nolan era... like Cody Picket or JT O'Sullivan.

But maybe just for the duration of the offseason...

Done!!!! BTW, the buzz is going full steam ahead IF, and big frickin' IF, the Dolphins really want Tannehill or not...
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8283a06f/article/bill-polian-talks-dolphinsvikings-draftday-swap?campaign=Twitter_atl

Let's have some fun with this!

PS Personally, I don't think Tannehill is worth a top 10 pick, but THE franchise QBs market will make him one. I believe he's just like Gabbert and Ponder. Ponder to me was a 15-25 pick while Gabbert was just behind him. I think Tannehill is in that same range.

PPS My new name will be DeBergFTW

We will see!

I'll go with CodyPickett4Life. Names will stay until the beginning of the first week of the season.

We need a mod to sign off on this.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Ok Tico... let's make a bet. If he goes 21 or after, I win. If he goes 20 or under, you win. What you wanna bet? Something simple or silly. Us being over the internet, betting something substantial is probably not a great idea.

standard bet is username change

I'm down. Personally, I'd want mine to be a salute to one of the greatest 49ers quarterbacks of the Mike Nolan era... like Cody Picket or JT O'Sullivan.

But maybe just for the duration of the offseason...

Done!!!! BTW, the buzz is going full steam ahead IF, and big frickin' IF, the Dolphins really want Tannehill or not...
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8283a06f/article/bill-polian-talks-dolphinsvikings-draftday-swap?campaign=Twitter_atl

Let's have some fun with this!

PS Personally, I don't think Tannehill is worth a top 10 pick, but THE franchise QBs market will make him one. I believe he's just like Gabbert and Ponder. Ponder to me was a 15-25 pick while Gabbert was just behind him. I think Tannehill is in that same range.

PPS My new name will be DeBergFTW

We will see!

I'll go with CodyPickett4Life. Names will stay until the beginning of the first week of the season.

We need a mod to sign off on this.

Good bet guys! Will be fun to see where Tannehill lands
Yep, Tannehill is just this year's Gabbert.
Originally posted by strickac:
Yep, Tannehill is just this year's Gabbert.

The Hype-Machine in full swing!
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by strickac:
Yep, Tannehill is just this year's Gabbert.

The Hype-Machine in full swing!

+1
Peter King ‏ @SI_PeterKing Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Hmmmm. Ryan Tannehill had private workout with Chiefs, then visited KC. He'll be in Cleve Sun-Mon, then Buff. Plot thickens.



Hype be damned!!!! Top 10 baby!!!!

Hey, Mr. Pickett!!!
Originally posted by ninertico:
Peter King ‏ @SI_PeterKing Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Hmmmm. Ryan Tannehill had private workout with Chiefs, then visited KC. He'll be in Cleve Sun-Mon, then Buff. Plot thickens.



Hype be damned!!!! Top 10 baby!!!!

Hey, Mr. Pickett!!!

Ya know, LOGIC would say this guy is a 2nd rounder, right?

I'm totally gonna lose this bet.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by ninertico:
Peter King ‏ @SI_PeterKing Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Hmmmm. Ryan Tannehill had private workout with Chiefs, then visited KC. He'll be in Cleve Sun-Mon, then Buff. Plot thickens.



Hype be damned!!!! Top 10 baby!!!!

Hey, Mr. Pickett!!!

Ya know, LOGIC would say this guy is a 2nd rounder, right?

I'm totally gonna lose this bet.

Logic? In the draft?

Just messin' with ya but, I ain't letting this thread die...must



Getting nice n juicy now...looks like he won't even get out of #11. Nuts I tell you, big fat hairy nuts!!!! This is a crazy league!!! Some say that even AZ and Sea are secretly coveting this dude. Really??
Originally posted by ninertico:
Logic? In the draft?

Just messin' with ya but, I ain't letting this thread die...must



Getting nice n juicy now...looks like he won't even get out of #11. Nuts I tell you, big fat hairy nuts!!!! This is a crazy league!!! Some say that even AZ and Sea are secretly coveting this dude. Really??

In the NFL, you either have a franchise QB or you are looking for one.

... So where does that leave the Niners
Leaves us with defense that has a knack for blowing guys up. Our running game isn't anything to overlook either. Any improvement in the passing game is bad news for the rest of the league.
Hey NickSh49!! Wooo hoooo!!!

Or should I say..."CodyPickett4Life"

Ah market value!!! Inflated and obscene, but market value nonetheless has won me a bet.

As Tico rides into the Draft Bet Sunset listening to LL Cool J's...
[ Edited by ninertico on Apr 30, 2012 at 9:41 AM ]
The outcome was obvious (yeah, I know, smartass...). The Fins could never ever walk out of this draft without a potential franchise QB; trading down to the twenties would have been even more stupid than the Bucs-tradedown/miss on Claiborne. The Browns would have jumped ahead of them with b/c of Tannehill...
There is no "reaching for a QB"...that's why a lot of draftniks mocked Tannehill to a Top10-pick, especially after last year's draft where Locker and Gabbert went Top10 and Top15 respectively.