LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

So who else would be in on the Ryan Tannehill sweepstakes if there's such a thing?

The two main players in the top 10 are Cleveland and Miami. Any one else in the teens wanna a piece of this action? Could KC or even AZ want him? KC has Cassel and just signed Quinn. We know AZ invested heavily in Kolb so I doubt they would want to lose draft picks to jump up especially to #3 where I see Tannehill possibly going to jump in front of Cleveland.

I could see Kansas City at #11 trying to jump in front of Mia IF Tannehill is not picked by Cleveland. I just don't think KC will shell out the picks to get to #3. Miami, on the other hand, has an owner willing to dump loads of mula so I can see Miami shipping off loads of picks to jump in front of Cleveland for Tannehill. Most professional mocks (meaning done by pro analysts) show Tannehill going to Miami at #8 with Cleveland selecting either Richardson or Blackmon.

So what do you think guys? Could we have the 1st, 2nd and 3rd picks of the 2012 be all QBs?

Hmmmmmm....would make for a very interesting beginning.
I think Miami could trade back and still get him
miami will take him at 9

reportedly the cheifs are interested as well
obviously the browns but i doubt at 4
Maybe KC - depending on price.

Gut feeling is Miami, they can't affford to lose another opportunity after losing Harbaugh, Manning, Flynn and having a very frustrated fan base. In addition to that, they get VERY bad national press saying nobody any good wants to play there. They have to get Tannehill or it will be a very rough season for that team.

There are a number of site that have KC taking DeCastro. That would be great instead of him going to Cards or Seattle.
If Tannehill is taken #3, it will be one of the dumbest moves ever in a draft.

I can't believe how much this guy is getting hyped, just because he is considered the #3 QB.

When watching him, he constantly leans back on his back leg when he throws the football rather then "stepping into" his throw, and when the ball comes out it lacks velocity because of this.

He frequently does this weird sideways kick when he tries to put additional mustard into his throws.

His passes to the ouside frequently float.

I don't see any success throwing deep, and definately not on a consistent basis.

People always talk about QBs coming from a shotgun spread offense, but for some reason people forget to realize Tannehill frequently operated in this type of offense.

Out of all prospects, I am more confused by Tannehill's hype then any other. Maybe I'll be eating my crow, but taking this guy in the top 10 is laughable to me.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
miami will take him at 9

i agree...at 4 that would be a huge reach! i dont see whats wrong with McCoy...i think the kid has potential. They just need to use the draft to give him some weapons and protection.

id think that seattle would be in the running for tannehill too
Alright, how about another POV?

Where does Tannehill rank compared to Gabbert and Ponder both of whom seemed later 1st rounders even Ponder in the second?

If he ranks anywhere those two, yea, you can see him being the next top QB prize for Clev, KC and Mia. If Clev goes in a diff direction, then I see the #7 spot for Jax to be lucrative where KC could jump to grab him in front of Mia.

Just like Mayock say, a franchise QB trumps all! If that is truly the case with Tannehill ranking top 10 now, #3 could be an incredible surprise...Dumb, but incredible nonetheless.
He is going top 10, someone stupid will take him. Cleveland at 4, Miami at 8, or a trade up. I will laugh my ass off if Cleveland takes him at 4. Wouldn't be surprised as the Browns are a dumb team.
I just cannot see the Browns taking him at #4. It's just too high, for someone that might not be that much of an upgrade over McCoy. I see them taking a WR and trying to give McCoy some kind of weapon to work with. Their leading receiver last year was a 3rd round rookie!

Now Miami, they are a different story. They have missed on on so many people the last two years, I certainly see them being desperate enough to take him at #8.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
If Tannehill is taken #3, it will be one of the dumbest moves ever in a draft.

I can't believe how much this guy is getting hyped, just because he is considered the #3 QB.

When watching him, he constantly leans back on his back leg when he throws the football rather then "stepping into" his throw, and when the ball comes out it lacks velocity because of this.

He frequently does this weird sideways kick when he tries to put additional mustard into his throws.

His passes to the ouside frequently float.

I don't see any success throwing deep, and definately not on a consistent basis.

People always talk about QBs coming from a shotgun spread offense, but for some reason people forget to realize Tannehill frequently operated in this type of offense.

Out of all prospects, I am more confused by Tannehill's hype then any other. Maybe I'll be eating my crow, but taking this guy in the top 10 is laughable to me.

This! I went to Half of the home games this year and came away with the same feelings about him

Originally posted by JustinNiner:
i agree...at 4 that would be a huge reach! i dont see whats wrong with McCoy...i think the kid has potential. They just need to use the draft to give him some weapons and protection.

id think that seattle would be in the running for tannehill too

this. McCoy is a winner on a losing team. Theyre a losing team because they lack alot of weapons. No RB(if theyre smart they draft Trent Richardson) and Dont have a true reciever other than Greg Little who will probably benefit from having another WR threat. They need a TE too. damn, never realied how much it must suck to play for cleveland lol.
The Browns have to many holes to invest in another QB at 4. It reminds me of when we we're always rumored to get a QB in the first round like Clausen or Gabbert. They need offensive weapons. I see them going with Richardson at 4, and a WR like Wright or Hill at 22. I think Tannehill goes to the Dolphins but it wouldn't surprise me if they pass on him and go for a second teir QB in the later rounds.

And if the Cards dont take him at 13, he may fall to the Browns at 22 a lot like what happened with Brady Quinn and Aaron Rodgers. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if he fell to 30 and we trade our 1st pick to someone like the Dolphins/Jaguars for their 2013 1st round pick

I Hope 49ers Take a Look at Devon Wylie hes a Real Good Kick and Punt Returner and Reciever and GO DOGS!! FRESNO STATE BABY!!
A lot of talk around Cleveland is the browns trading down with Saint Louis and taking Tannehill at 6. Also there is talk that they may take Richardson at 4 and then Draft Wheeden with either there other first or early second round pick
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
miami will take him at 9

Bet you they won't. No one else will take this kid until after the top-20.

They'll trade back into the end of round 1 for him.
Share 49ersWebzone