There are 84 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Michael Floyd to visit 49ers

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Come on man Baalke's traded up before for Anthony Davis and even Kaepernick. Who is to say that if they think Floyd is a potential superstar they're not willing to do it?

They moved up 2 spots for Davis, and about half a dozen spots in the second round for Kaepernick.

We would have to give up at least one future first rounder (probably two) and a bunch of other high picks for him. It would be awesome to have him, but it would also be awesome to have Andrew Luck.

Its just not worth it.
Floyd? HMMMMMM, what are those mad scientists at 4949 Centennial Blvd cooking up?????
Don't want to give up a lot for him. Would rather get a guy who falls to 30 or get a WR in 2nd
This draft is loaded with very good wide receivers. Dont see what the hurry is.
He's worth a trade up, IMO. He looks like the safest WR to me
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
If Dez Bryant can fall to 21 (or something like that), so could this guy. No way Niners would sell the farm to grab him in the teens, but if he makes it into the 20s like Bryant, it just might happen, IMO.

Happy Easter.

this
If Dez Bryant can fall to 21 (or something like that), so could this guy. No way Niners would sell the farm to grab him in the teens, but if he makes it into the 20s like Bryant, it just might happen, IMO.

Happy Easter.

this

Correction: Dez was nabbed with the 24th pick. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but at the time he was considered a better prospect than Crabtree, yet he had
"character concerns" so he fell. Floyd isn't even considered the best reciever in the draft (by many), and he too has some serious "character concerns." I dont see why he can't fall. I think the Niners are smart to do their homework, just in case he gets in reach. Every year people on this board say, "no way X makes it that far and every year we are proven wrong."
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Apr 8, 2012 at 6:27 PM ]
  • hb123
  • Veteran
Member Milestone: This is post number 200 for hb123.
I wouldn't mind trading two 1st round picks and a 2nd. We have a very talented team who can afford to make a move like this. Our biggest need is wr, and since we are talented enough to make such a move I'd love if they did it. Our 1st round picks are practically almost 2nd round picks anyway since one is the 30th pick and the other pick might be the 32nd pick
No way I would trade up for Floyd. There's too much value to be found later in a deep wr class.
I wouldnt be suprised if we see several WR's that the niners have no interest in come in. They are trying to raise hype for certain players so that hopefully wright or fleener fall. Atleast thats my theory.

I would rather have Jefferey in the second than Floyd in the first, especially if we have to trade up for floyd.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Apr 8, 2012 at 8:51 PM ]
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I wouldnt be suprised if we see several WR's that the niners have no interest in come in. They are trying to raise hype for certain players so that hopefully wright or fleener fall. Atleast thats my theory.

I would rather have Jefferey in the second than Floyd in the first, especially if we have to trade up for floyd.

0% chance jeffery makes it out of top 5 to 10 in 2nd round
I think he'll be a beast in the NFL. Not much far behind from Blackmon
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

0% chance jeffery makes it out of top 5 to 10 in 2nd round

Maybe. But like i said i would rather have Jefferey, even if it means trading up into the early second, than trade up for floyd. If he fell thats another thing, but hes not falling to the Niners. There will be value that falls to us.
Floyd is the only WR I would be happy with the 49ers taking in the first 4 rounds...I think there's a good chance he'll be better than blackmon. I say first four rounds because it'd be silly to draft a WR who isn't better than Williams.

I imagine we would be willing to trade up 15 spots for him...that would cost us our 2nd and 3rd. Then in the later rounds we draft a center, a defensive lineman, and two defensive backs
Originally posted by strickac:
He's worth a trade up, IMO. He looks like the safest WR to me

this

Happy Easter.

this

Correction: Dez was nabbed with the 24th pick. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but at the time he was considered a better prospect than Crabtree, yet he had
"character concerns" so he fell. Floyd isn't even considered the best reciever in the draft (by many), and he too has some serious "character concerns." I dont see why he can't fall. I think the Niners are smart to do their homework, just in case he gets in reach. Every year people on this board say, "no way X makes it that far and every year we are proven wrong."

so this
Originally posted by YungAce:
I think he'll be a beast in the NFL. Not much far behind from Blackmon

and this too.

I think that in order to get him, we would have to pull a jerry rice trade circa 1985 where we had to trade our first, second, and third picks if he falls in the teens. (which is a possibility because you never know who falls in the draft.) Would I pull the trigger? Tough call, but I would leave it up to the capable hands of our general manager.