LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

Michael Floyd to visit 49ers

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Alex Marvez ‏ @alexmarvez

Michael Floyd says he's visiting this week with #Titans #Rams #Jets & Bengals, next week with #Cardinals #Dolphins #49ers & #Vikings
trade up

would love to get him

personally i would trade up to just outside top 15 for him
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Apr 8, 2012 at 10:26 AM ]
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Do it
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Somebody drop 10 pounds of weed in his luggage.
I see the Jaguars picking at 7 scoop him up with the quickness.
Thought it was Malcom Floyd..
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:

that is the WR from chargers

im talking about the guy from ND the draft prospect
Originally posted by okdkid:
Somebody drop 10 pounds of weed in his luggage.

we are going to have to put some crack in his luggage to make him drop to us haha
He won't be there when we pick.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Yeah that's why we would move up. I've been saying all along he is exactly what the 49ers offense needs. Would be willing to give up 3rd And 4th round picks to get him. He reminds me of Fitz. He can go up and get the ball despite being double teamed and he is one hell of a blocker. It would be awesome to get him.

Originally posted by D-Money:

Yeah that's why we would move up. I've been saying all along he is exactly what the 49ers offense needs. Would be willing to give up 3rd And 4th round picks to get him. He reminds me of Fitz. He can go up and get the ball despite being double teamed and he is one hell of a blocker. It would be awesome to get him.

3rd and a 4th wont be enough. I'm guessing a team in the top 10 would be looking at the Falcons-Browns trade for Julio Jones as an example of what they might want in return.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
This is great news, very excited to see us hosting a top 10 prospect when it would clearly require a Julio Jones trade to draft him.

edit: guy above me explained it perfectly.
[ Edited by sfout on Apr 8, 2012 at 11:42 AM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
The Niners would have to move their 1st and 2nd round picks AT MINIMUM to move up to around #18 or so. Outside of that, they'd have to include a future 1st, which I don't see happening for any player outside of the top 10, including Michael Floyd.

And that is using the now outdated draft value chart. With the rookie wage scale, picks are much more valuable since they're not tied to high dollars.

There is terrific, starting caliber talent to be found in round two.
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:

I'd like Malcolm Floyd on the team
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
Originally posted by D-Money:

3rd and a 4th wont be enough. I'm guessing a team in the top 10 would be looking at the Falcons-Browns trade for Julio Jones as an example of what they might want in return.

He would need to drop into the teens unless Baalke uses next years #1. I'm not sure exactly how they value future picks, but I've read that they value them as if they were the last pick of the round and I've heard that they value them half of the teams current picks. For the sake of argument I'm using the standard trade value chart and 600 points +/- for a future first rounder to illustrate a couple potential trade up options if the right player falls unexpectedly.

#30 + 2013 #1 + #62 = 1500 - 7th pick +/- (Jags, Dolphins, Panthers)

#30 + 2013 #1 = 1200 - 12th pick +/- (Chiefs, Seahawks, Cards)

#30 + #62 + #92 = 1044 - 16th pick +/- (Cowboys, Eagles, Jets)

#30 + #62 = 912 - 18th pick +/- (Bengals, Chargers, Bears)

#30 + #92 = 752 - 25th pick +/- (Browns, Lions, Broncos)

Can't Wait!
Share 49ersWebzone