There are 47 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

PTulini's 49ers Mock Draft Version 1.0 (04.08.12)

Originally posted by rafachivas12:
This is from a Trent Baalke take on the draft. Well i hope this happens.
Trade 2013 pick of 2 and 7th rounds and 2014 2 round for Browns late 1 round and second round
1. 22. Cordy Glenn OG Georgia. We need OG and this guy playing in a strong defensive conference did well and will do great with the Niners.
1. 30. Coby Fleener TE Stanford. Forget WR at this pick Coby is a Gronkowski type TE and with Vernon Davis we could have the same results as New England has. Coby has the size and catching ability to be a threat especially in the red zone.
2. 37. Devon Still DT Penn St. We need a DT because Issac Sopoaga needs to get rest at times because he played all snaps this year and Devon still is a next level DT we can use right away.
2. 61. Bruce Irvin OLB West Virginia. With the strength in ILB even in the second strings we need to add strong second strings to OLB we have Aldon but we can use others that are as strong as he is and we need that depth.
3. 92. Ron Brooks CB LSU. I know lots of CB already but this guy is from the top defense of LSU and is a next level prospect that can start in special teams and evolve into a starting CB.
4. 125. Marvin Jones WR Cal. If we are lucky enough for him to land in this round we should take him and he can evolve into a next level Receiver and if hes not Here we should go with. A.J. Jenkins WR Illinois another possible 4th rounder.
5. 165 Janzen Jackson FS. Mcneese St. Has everything to be a next level FS and with depth needed at this position and the possibility of losing Goldson next year we need a Free Safety.
6. 199 Jacquies Smith DE Missouri. Another product of Missouri who gave us Aldon Smith we could use a DE and also work on one in next years draft but in a earlier round. Justin Smith and Ray Mcdonald have good years ahead of them but we need to find the future also.
7. 273 Keshawn Martin WR/PR/KR Michigan St. With Ted Ginn on a one year contract we need a Kick returner and Keshawn could do that a be a WR.

Sorry, but trading for two first and two seconds ain't going to happen. The Niners don't have that many roster spots available.
two fat guys with the first two picks this sounds like a McClueless draft.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
If Harbaugh's looking for a downfield TE, then why wouldn't he take Fleener in the 1st rd...it's one of his boys, and it's well documented how much he likes to use his TE's. Walker's in the last year of his contract, as well. I'd take him, then trade up in the 2nd rd to get Doug Martin. He's a guy who can replace Gore in the next year or two...and he's good at everything, including returning kicks. The other option there would be to grab Silatolu or Brooks, then take Turbin in the 3rd. With all 3 picks, they can make an impact immediately. The defense is much stronger than the offense...and while we can use some depth at OLB and S, take the firepower first to jump-start your offense. I think that's what Baalke will do...we'll find out in just a couple of weeks +.

At this point, I'm beginning to think that TE Coby Fleener will be gone before the 49ers pick at #30.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Not sure why anyone thinks we have enough WRs. I doubt Swain makes the team. KW is iffy. Moss could blow up or quit at any time. Worthy is a cool player but I'm not sure he's a good fit for our defense. Bergstrom might be good but I didn't see enough Utah games to say. I like McNutt, Egnew, and Owusu.

That's what I've been trying to say.
[ Edited by PTulini on Apr 9, 2012 at 4:19 PM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by martysofresh:
DT is def not our 1st priority, especially having RJF and Ian Williams on the roster. I wouldnt even think about it until rd.5 let alone #1. Save DT for next years draft

In this case, Why not draft a DT (Worthy) now, then we can have him up to speed for next year when we'll really need him?

THat DT is a monster and a playmaker. Id draft him at 30 if available.



Originally posted by Young2Rice:
THat DT is a monster and a playmaker. Id draft him at 30 if available.


Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
Except that by next year we won"t "really need" a DT.

We will need to draft a DT or two for the subsequent years, but there is no "really need" issue at those positions for 2013.

Thus, I strongly disagree on taking a DT in the first round this year. Better we use the first round in this year's draft for our offense.


This^^. but if you wanted to take a DT in this years draft to get ready for next year, the more realistic choice would have been Alemeda Ta'amu. 6'3, 348lb. Let him see limited action his rookie year, and in a year or 2, he would be a monster. Thats the only place that I would take a DT in this year's draft and wouldnt feel like it was a unnecessary pick...
Good stuff!
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Good stuff!

You like it, Pat?
Originally posted by PTulini:
You like it, Pat?

I do. Something different but good. I can see us taking the top rated D-Lineman on the board if Fleener or Konz are gone and we cannot move down. I like the 2nd and 4th RD Picks as well.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Not sure why anyone thinks we have enough WRs. I doubt Swain makes the team. KW is iffy. Moss could blow up or quit at any time. Worthy is a cool player but I'm not sure he's a good fit for our defense. Bergstrom might be good but I didn't see enough Utah games to say. I like McNutt, Egnew, and Owusu.

That's what I've been trying to say.
I could see us taking a DT who could be a 3-4 NG, but I'd like to see a WR in the 1st. I do like the mock though. If it fell that way I'd be good with it. Imma do one more mock before the draft myself. I just want to see how FA plays out by then.
This reminds me of a Baalke draft Pat. Its not sexy but I believe its productive. We are such a good team with starters at every position It is kind of hard what to think we are going to do with the first pick. The only positions I can think of that need to really be addressed is RG and the Safety position (for depth). This is what this draft needs to be for. You dont need star players in the draft every year. This draft I can see us drafting all these guys and grooming them to come in and be starters/key contributers for the years to come. Hell after looking on paper when the draft was over our draft did not look sexy at all IMO. I cant wait to see what Jim and Trent have in store for us this year. The DT pick in the first round = .
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
This reminds me of a Baalke draft Pat. Its not sexy but I believe its productive. We are such a good team with starters at every position It is kind of hard what to think we are going to do with the first pick. The only positions I can think of that need to really be addressed is RG and the Safety position (for depth). This is what this draft needs to be for. You dont need star players in the draft every year. This draft I can see us drafting all these guys and grooming them to come in and be starters/key contributers for the years to come. Hell after looking on paper when the draft was over our draft did not look sexy at all IMO. I cant wait to see what Jim and Trent have in store for us this year. The DT pick in the first round = .


Thanks Miles!
http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d827d2351/2012-Combine-workout-Jerel-Worthy

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/profiles/jerel-worthy?id=2533052

Not a fan of McNutt. dude is too slow and wont' get separation and wouldn't even make the team. I like the Worthy pick though.