There are 142 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Quick and dirty natural mock

YES AND YES!!! If after day 2 we get Fleener and Osemele,,,,DRINKS ARE ON ME!!!!
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
YES AND YES!!! If after day 2 we get Fleener and Osemele,,,,DRINKS ARE ON ME!!!!

Saving this post
Good job....
Originally posted by valrod33:

Saving this post

I would be extremely happy with this and you are still going for a wr to develop which is also good............ No Complaints.
Originally posted by YouGotGored:
You did a great job addressing a lot of needs. I like it.

My only criticism would be with the Fleener pick at 30. I believe I am in the minority, however I don't think he is the pick there. Not only is it not a position of need, but I have read that he doesn't have a first round grade from a lot of scouts. I understand that Walker is a UFA next year, but that that doesn't necessarily mean we should draft our #2 TE replacement a year early in the first round.

Personally, I want WR (Hill/Wright) or CB (Jenkins/Gilmore/Kirkpatrick) with the first pick.r

Fleener is a play maker that can line up anywhere in a formation and cause match-up problems. IMO we need as many of those as possible regardless of their natural position.
Drafting a second interior lineman was definitely overkill...that and not adding a viable backup pass rusher a little earlier (but that's a minor complaint). Overall, excellent mock.
Really like it.

My gut feelinng is Fleener will bbe gone. I hope not.
We really dont need a TE, and I dont think drafting a replacement for Walker is such a great idea a year in advance, your basically saying we're replacing you Delanie, but keeping on the roster for 2012.

Delanie has done a great job creating mismatches. Rather go WR or RG.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Fleener is a play maker that can line up anywhere in a formation and cause match-up problems. IMO we need as many of those as possible regardless of their natural position.

Yes, he is a playmaker. However, my worry is that the is not the BPA. Additionally, he is not a position of need. For me, if you are going to reach, then reach for a position where you are weak at. If the scouts' are correct, then we are bumping a pretty good playmaker who creates his own match-up issues in Walker, for a player who shouldn't be taken in the first round. Again, I would rather take BPA (Wright/Gilmore/Jenkins/ect) who is also a position of need.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
We really dont need a TE, and I dont think drafting a replacement for Walker is such a great idea a year in advance, your basically saying we're replacing you Delanie, but keeping on the roster for 2012.

Delanie has done a great job creating mismatches. Rather go WR or RG.

I should have read AB's post before typing mine because he echoes my sentiments exactly but in a more eloquent and concise manner.

No Fleener 2012 Campaign!
  • krizay
  • Veteran
So..... we'd have a TE we spent the #6 pick on and now we spend another 1st round pick on a TE when we have needs and BPA elsewhere?
Nice mock
I think Fleener is a difference maker and matchup nightmare with his 6'6" height and 4.5 forty speed. Think about all the ways hes fits in and how many combinations we can get with his diversity. Goaline, 2 TE, 3 TE..

Lets say we do draft a project WR like Hill. How many plays is he going to contribute on this team in the 2012 season? It would have to be an empty set since Davis is always going to be on the field. We really do not have many 5 wide empty backfield sets, just not our style. Even if we did, how about 5 receiver options of Davis, Manningham, Crabtree, Moss and Fleener?

Imagine having to defend that goaline though....Davis, Walker, Fleener, Miller, Gore. We could pound it in there or have 3 TE's who could break one. Or a 2 TE set with Davis and Fleener, imagine that young monster matched up with a LB one on one since everyone is rolling to Davis. The uses are endless and Jim loves running multi TE sets. Then next year we let Walker Walk . Its a move to help this year and beyond. There are still WR prospects available later in the draft for grooming. This offense though is not WR centric. Its no mistake that Davis led the team in TD catches, or that Davis and Walker's TD total surpassed all our WR put together. Fleener led Stanford last year with 10, the starting WRs had 4 and 2, Stanfords #2 TE had 6. Its the same O and its built for the TE, this is why Fleener is such a valuable pick. The #4 WR is not going to see the field much this year. Even next year its still Manningham and Crabtree as the 2nd and 3rd options behind Davis. Thats really why Im so high on us drafting Fleener.

If he isnt there at 30 though, getting a WR project like Randle, Jeffery or Hill wouldnt be the worst thing since pick 61 should get us a solid RG. Cant wait to see how this all shakes out!
I simply want the best offensive play maker left on the board at #30 and I think it will be Fleener. I'm not worried about pushing Delanie down the depth chart or even off the roster. He's been a solid role player but his production has never matched the hype. He can on occasion create mismatches, but IMO Vernon and Fleener on the field at the same time would be a frigging nightmare for defenses.