LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 409 users in the forums

A Dream draft scenario I had the other day

And its realistic too.

So first, Coby Fleener falls to us at #30 -- we take him. Then in the middle of the 2nd round, Zeitler is there at #44 and we make a deal with the Chiefs to send them our 2013 2nd round pick to jump up and grab Zeitler. At #92 we draft Jared Crick...he is now considered a 3rd round prospect. In the 4th, we draft CB DeQuan Menzie from Alabama. We draft C David Molk from Michigan in the 5th, Cal DL Trevor Guyton in the 6th, and Michigan State FS Trent Robinson in the 7th.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
And its realistic too.

So first, Coby Fleener falls to us at #30 -- we take him. Then in the middle of the 2nd round, Zeitler is there at #44 and we make a deal with the Chiefs to send them our 2013 2nd round pick to jump up and grab Zeitler. At #92 we draft Jared Crick...he is now considered a 3rd round prospect. In the 4th, we draft CB DeQuan Menzie from Alabama. We draft C David Molk from Michigan in the 5th, Cal DL Trevor Guyton in the 6th, and Michigan State FS Trent Robinson in the 7th.
Dude, go back to sleep.
Originally posted by MikeNolan:
And its realistic too.

Dude, go back to sleep.

Yeah, dream of adding a Wr somewhere in those picks lol.
woke up, lol
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by MikeNolan:
And its realistic too.

Dude, go back to sleep.

dang yall mean
The sandman played trick on u

No - that's a nightmare. Don't want to bury a rookie WR at #5 on the depth chart.

No thanks.
And its realistic too.

I think your draft is solid. I question giving up a second next year for a guard when other guards would be available at pick 61. Just my opinion as I am hoping zietler falls. I also think there is no way Crick falls to pick 92, if he does great.

I would pick Marvin Jones WR Cal in the 4th round, the rest I would be happy with all of yoru picks.
my dream draft scenario is we take fleenr in first and trade up for alshon jeffery

No - that's a nightmare. Don't want to bury a rookie WR at #5 on the depth chart.

No thanks.

Disagree on this! Look at the Green Bay Packers, they picked a WR in round 2 last year Cobbs who was 5th on their depth chart. WR's need a year to learn the system to become familiar with the offense and the read/react routes.

Moss -1 year deal
Ginn- 1 year deal
Crabtree- 2-3 years left
--Manningham -2 year deal
KW- 1-2 years left.

do you see a pattern? The Niners need a WR who hopefully can be a KR/PR while they learn the route trees, offense and take over for one of the short termers above in 2013 and 2014.

Originally posted by 9erred:
Disagree on this! Look at the Green Bay Packers, they picked a WR in round 2 last year Cobbs who was 5th on their depth chart. WR's need a year to learn the system to become familiar with the offense and the read/react routes.

Moss -1 year deal
Ginn- 1 year deal
Crabtree- 2-3 years left
--Manningham -2 year deal
KW- 1-2 years left.

do you see a pattern? The Niners need a WR who hopefully can be a KR/PR while they learn the route trees, offense and take over for one of the short termers above in 2013 and 2014.

Umm, we don't run the packers offense.
Interesting, but I agree with our fellow Zoners that one WR should be added in this year's draft. I would substitute a WR in the 4th round (Streeter or McNutt) instead of Menzies. Other than that, nice picks.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
my dream draft scenario is we take fleenr in first and trade up for alshon jeffery

I have the same dream. Fleener falling to us and then moving up in the 2nd to grab Jeffery, a guy who at one time was rated as maybe the 2nd or 3rd best wr but because of weight issues or other wr's benefitting from great pro-days, he somehow is a late 2nd rounder??? Do it Baalke! Even if there is a learning curve to wr, Jeffery can replace Moss in year 2. Then we would have VD - Fleener and Crabs-Mario-Jeffery.
Weren't you also Derek Wolfe in the 4th? I think we are drinking the same Kool-Aid!
Trading up in the second and no WR is kind of silly. getting better at Wr is needed.
It would take next year's 1st to get a 2nd round pick this year.
Share 49ersWebzone