There are 168 users in the forums

Mocking the Draft

Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Zeitler is from Wisconsin, not Iowa.

AND I love this draft. Anything to get rid of Twitter Boy Dixie!

oops, sorry about that, Im all Big 10ed out...lol
Originally posted by valrod33:

haha...nice
Love this mock.
Good looking mock...but, I'm thinking Baalke will trade up to get top line players. The roster's already full...so there's really no point in drafting 7 guys, several of whom will not have much of a chance to make the roster. Besides Fleener, I'd love to see them get Doug Martin, who'd be perfect for Harbaugh's WCO. Then grab an OL who can play both C and OG, a S, maybe a DL and that's it. I think Baalke will sacrifice quantity for quality...
Fleener aint lasting 30 picks guys. He just aint.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Good looking mock...but, I'm thinking Baalke will trade up to get top line players. The roster's already full...so there's really no point in drafting 7 guys, several of whom will not have much of a chance to make the roster. Besides Fleener, I'd love to see them get Doug Martin, who'd be perfect for Harbaugh's WCO. Then grab an OL who can play both C and OG, a S, maybe a DL and that's it. I think Baalke will sacrifice quantity for quality...

I could see that happening, especially since Baalke has an itchy trigger finger on draft day. Love Doug Martin
Originally posted by DirtyP:

Agreed, especially with the way Gronk and Graham dominated the league this year. I think the FO knows this better than you and me. We will know how much the 9ers want Fleener in 23 days. Harbaugh knows him better than any organization, if he's really the goods, Baalke will put a package together for the Bengals 2nd first round pick ( 21 ) and grab him.

Cant wait to see how this all shakes out!
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
Agreed, especially with the way Gronk and Graham dominated the league this year. I think the FO knows this better than you and me. We will know how much the 9ers want Fleener in 23 days. Harbaugh knows him better than any organization, if he's really the goods, Baalke will put a package together for the Bengals 2nd first round pick ( 21 ) and grab him.

Cant wait to see how this all shakes out!

Plus how about this.... I think Houston is going to grab him, he fits too perfect for them to pass. They have a stacked D, Oline, WR, backfield...the thing they lack is a big time playmaker at the TE spot to complement Daniels. Texans run a ton of 2 TE sets and have been looking for TE #2 for some time. If nobody trades up before Houston and the Texans pass on him at 26, look for the Pats to get a ton of calls for their 27th pick ( pick they got from the Saints last year ). I could see the Giants making a big push to move up from 32 to 27. The Pats love making deals like that for next years picks or more picks this year. It would give the Pats the 31st and 32nd picks back to back that they could ransom to the rest of the league. I think there's going to be A LOT of action at the end of day 1.
Originally posted by DirtyP:

You're right. Niners will have to Jump up at least 10 spots to acquire him. He'll go mid first round after what Gronk did in NE. The whole leauge saw what a tall TE can do. I think Niners may be willing to jump that high unless there is a beast of a lineman slipping to them.

Originally posted by mustangmele:
You're right. Niners will have to Jump up at least 10 spots to acquire him. He'll go mid first round after what Gronk did in NE. The whole leauge saw what a tall TE can do. I think Niners may be willing to jump that high unless there is a beast of a lineman slipping to them.

I don't see them giving up what would be necessary to jump into the top 15, which is where I think he ultimately end up going. Plus the 49ers just committed 50 million dollars to their starting tight end, giving up multiple draft picks for another one doesn't seem like the best move at this point even though Fleener should be a great player.
49ers 7 rounds plus Undrafted Free Agents
1st: Rueben Randle WR. LSU
2nd: Kelechi Osemele OG Iowa St.
3rd: Trumaine Johnson or Brandon Boykin both CB depends which ones left. Montana- Georgia
4th: Chris Rainey RB Florida
5th: Malik Jackson DE Tennessee
6th : Emmanuel Acho OLB Texas
7th: Akiem Hicks DT Regina

Possible Undrafted Free agents:
Elvis Akpla WR Montana St. Do i sense a future Victor Cruz
Tramain Thomas FS Arkansas
Sean Cattouse SS California
Michael Calvin WR: California
Originally posted by rafachivas12:
49ers 7 rounds plus Undrafted Free Agents
1st: Rueben Randle WR. LSU
2nd: Kelechi Osemele OG Iowa St.
3rd: Trumaine Johnson or Brandon Boykin both CB depends which ones left. Montana- Georgia
4th: Chris Rainey RB Florida
5th: Malik Jackson DE Tennessee
6th : Emmanuel Acho OLB Texas
7th: Akiem Hicks DT Regina

Possible Undrafted Free agents:
Elvis Akpla WR Montana St. Do i sense a future Victor Cruz
Tramain Thomas FS Arkansas
Sean Cattouse SS California
Michael Calvin WR: California

Rafa, good stuff.

1. LOVE Randle, I think if/when Fleener is gone that this is the pick.
2. Great minds ( or at least two users without any red bars )

at this point we start to differ

3. With Carlos back on a multi, I dont see us spending a 3rd rounder at CB unless we have plans to convert him to FS. Right now Brock is our #4, but would be a lesser teams nickle or even 2. True u cant have too many DBs and an injury changes things in a hurry,, but this may be a little high unless they just love someone. If we move Johnson to FS, Im all for it since he can also cover a #5, but a small guy like Boykin I cant see right now. Who knows though, we should be in BPA mode this year, so a top CB may be an option.

4. Really do not like Rainey though. Hes smaller than Hunter and goes down waaay too easy. He has straightline speed, but little wiggle and no power. And again, this is already a stacked position. For him to stick Dixon may need to go, Id only do that for another big back or an all around talent.

DE-OLB-DT....no problem with these especially OLB, I think its one DL too many though. With RJ, Ian, Dobbs and Will...I doubt we take nine 3-4 DL into the season.

As far as UFA...Im not smart enough to comment on these... ..but whats with all the little guys? Throw some big uglies in there and Im on board.
[ Edited by DRUSTOPO on Apr 4, 2012 at 6:44 PM ]
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
Rafa, good stuff.

1. LOVE Randle, I think if/when Fleener is gone that this is the pick.
2. Great minds ( or at least two users without any red bars )

at this point we start to differ

3. With Carlos back on a multi, I dont see us spending a 3rd rounder at CB unless we have plans to convert him to FS. Right now Brock is our #4, but would be a lesser teams nickle or even 2. True u cant have too many DBs and an injury changes things in a hurry,, but this may be a little high unless they just love someone. If we move Johnson to FS, Im all for it since he can also cover a #5, but a small guy like Boykin I cant see right now. Who knows though, we should be in BPA mode this year, so a top CB may be an option.

4. Really do not like Rainey though. Hes smaller than Hunter and goes down waaay too easy. He has straightline speed, but little wiggle and no power. And again, this is already a stacked position. For him to stick Dixon may need to go, Id only do that for another big back or an all around talent.

DE-OLB-DT....no problem with these especially OLB, I think its one DL too many though. With RJ, Ian, Dobbs and Will...I doubt we take nine 3-4 DL into the season.

As far as UFA...Im not smart enough to comment on these... ..but whats with all the little guys? Throw some big uglies in there and Im on board.
Yea i see what you mean and dude i'm just taking players i've seen and fit in the best team in the NFL. And trust me most of these guys are the right size for the NFL.
Originally posted by niners9:
i like the draft. but i personally dont think we draft a RB, we already have 5 on the roster. would rather draft a WR there or maybe dline. but overall good job

Turbin> Dixon and Jacob. lol. Truly, if we draft Turbin, Dixon and Jacobs probably both get the axe.
I keep reading about how we should take Jared Crick because Justin Smith. My questions are: is Jared Crick better than Billy Winn? and How is the draft pool/talent at DE looking in next years draft class?
Share 49ersWebzone