There are 128 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mocking the Draft

I've seen a bunch of mocks posted,. figured that Id give it a shot.

=====================================================
#30 Coby Fleener TE Stanford 6'6" 250
We've gone over many times why he's the man. With our Redzone Woes and with Walker in his contract year, this guy is the best fit in so many ways.

#61 Kelechi Osemele OG Iowa State 6'6" 333
Beast of a run blocker with a mean streak. He's 6'6" 333, and his surname means "ancient warrior", gotta love it. One of the strongest linemen in the entire draft and helps fill a big need on the line.

#92 Robert Turbin RB Utah State 5'10" 222
We may need to trade up to grab him since he's projected in the mid 3rd, but it should not be that difficult. This kid is a ball of muscle and would be a nice heir apparent to Gore. This may mean Dixon is cut, or is converted to backup FB to go with his special teams assignment

#125 Jonathan Massaquoi OLB Troy 6'2" 264
Massaquoi has an excellent combination of explosiveness and sudden movement ability, flashing the potential to be a big-time pass rusher in the Trent Cole-mold, but he is unpolished at this point in his development and is probably more of an athlete than football player. He is very rough around the edges, but his pass rush upside and ability to create pressure are extremely intriguing. He would be a nice project to backup the OLB and come in on pass rushing downs, could be a mini Aldon.

#165 Ryan Broyles WR Oklahoma 5'10" 192
Broyles set freshman record for receiving yards (687) and tied for the most receptions (46), in addition to scoring 10 touchdowns and averaging nearly 10 yards per punt return (24-238, with one TD). He earned multiple All-Big 12 accolades after his sophomore year as a receiver (89-1,120-15) and punt returner (31-492-1), including a Sun Bowl MVP performance at the end of the year (13-156-3) -- despite suffering a slight fracture of his left shoulder blade during the year. His 2010 season further solidified his place as a legitimate top 50 prospects (131-1,622 yards-14, 34-368 on punt returns). The Walter Camp All-American and first-team All-Big 12 selection lacks great height, girth, and straight-line speed for his size. But his ability to make plays down the sideline, over the middle, in the slot, and as a returner should allow him to have a long NFL career. The only reason he's available here is because he tore his ACL. Hes ahead in his recovery though and could be a STEAL as a slot WR and future punt returner.

#200 Hebron Fangupo DT BYU 6'1" 323
Pumped up 36 reps and could be that nice strong run stuffer for our 3-4. Possesses a girthy, wide-body size with a strong upper and lower body. Extremely strong with the raw power to overwhelm blockers at the point of attack. Anchors off the snap and holds his ground, staying stout in the run game. Has a coordinated frame to stay balanced on his feet through contact. Has very good awareness and always knows where the ball is, using his eyes to quickly locate and elevate his hands to knock down passes at the line of scrimmage. High character player on and off the field with top work ethic and a positive attitude … very good teammate. Versatile player, lining up at both defensive end and nose tackle in BYU's 3-4 defensive alignment. Sounds like our kind of guy, sitting behind Soap for a couple years and in the run stuffing rotation would be great.

#237 Chris Greenwood FS/CB Albion College 6'1" 193
Freak athlete from a small school. 4.3 40's, 39 vert, 15 rep bench. He has ball skills, athleticism. He was an American Football Coaches Association All-American, the Defensive MVP of the MIAA and a first-team all-conference pick for the third time."Chris has great individual talent, but what makes him special is he blended with the team and did not seek the spotlight," Albion coach Craig Rundle said. "He is one of the most humble kids we have on the team." Again, sounds like our kind of guy. Sitting for a year to learn from Dashon Goldson would be great!
=====================================================

This scenario fills so many needs and provides great depth for our squad. Let me know what you think.
[ Edited by DRUSTOPO on Apr 2, 2012 at 8:13 PM ]
Works for me!
I really like Broyles (assuming he can bounce back from that injury).

Also, I just don't understand how Turbin is rated (relatively) low by so many analysts. Maybe the presence of Martin, Miller, ect. bumps him down a bit, but the guy produced very well and has all the tangible qualities. I would be stoked if we got him in the third, even if we have to move up.
I wonder if the WZ would completely implode if the Fleener was there and the 49ers didn't pick him
Originally posted by matt49er:
I wonder if the WZ would completely implode if the Fleener was there and the 49ers didn't pick him

i wouldnt harbaugh coached him if hes there and they dont theres a good reason
Broyles would be a steal IMO.
Very solid draft. Pretty much covers everything we need.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Broyles would be a steal IMO.

Honestly, I would rather have Broyles in the 4th or 5th than Wright in the 1st. I also like that you still took Turbin even with the Jacobs signing. Massaquoi as well, I think that he could be very nice as the fourth guy in the OLB rotation.
omfg..i love this draft. Usually i'd say something about Brian Quick but..nope. This dangerously close to how one of my draft scenarios looks, officially my favorite mock.
i'd be happy with that
I love Kelechi Osemele at 2.
Best mock ive read so far. I like all the picks even if we have to give up something to get Turbin. Absolutely love the 1st 3 picks.
Good Job
i like the draft. but i personally dont think we draft a RB, we already have 5 on the roster. would rather draft a WR there or maybe dline. but overall good job
Thanks guys! I would be THRILLED with this "best case" scenario

Couple things...

1. I think either the Texans grab Fleener or the Giants trade up to grab him. If that's the case maybe someone else falls to us, or we trade back for another 1st next year or more picks in 2nd and 3rd this year. Wouldn't be shocked if they stood pat and picked Alshon Jeffery or Reuben Randle who are both beasts with hands.

2. I'm really high on Zeitler ( OG from Iowa ), but I think he goes early 2nd. I've been falling in love with Osemele more and more and he would be a beast in the late 2nd.

3. When they signed Jacobs I really didn't think they would draft a RB. However, if a guy like Turbin is available in mid to late 3rd, I think we would have to take him. He really reminds me of Gore. It would mean we had too many RB's though..Gore, Hunter, Jacobs, Dixon and Rock. However I think this regime has lost faith in Dixon after the NFC Championship game. I would not be shocked if Dixon was released or told to move to FB. Not sure his running style fits being a FB, but then again, I didn't think a former QB ( Michael Robinson ) would either. If we cut Dixon, then Rock and Jacobs are only here for one year, so this pick would be good for today and tomorrow. But I agree, it would not shock me if we did not draft a RB until next year. Maybe if we lose out on Fleener, this 3rd rounder would be a TE. If so, then I would love to get Michael Egnew from Missouri. He is a great pass catching TE with a big body. Two years ago he was Blaine Gabberts go to guy. The only other good option was Wes Welker clone TJ Moe. Egnew would be great in our system. This is what he did at the combine =

36 inch Vert ( 2nd )
4.32 shuttle ( 2nd )
7.03 cone ( 2nd )
21 reps ( 5th )
4.62 forty ( 5th )

He has great hands and did this on his proday =

weighed in at 251 pounds, a pound lighter than at the Combine. He posted a 37 1/2-inch vertical and an 11-foot, 3-inch broad jump, improving on the 36 and 10-11 he managed in Indianapolis last week. In fact, his broad jump broke his own school record and would have been the best at the Combine, which was an 11-1 by Georgia Tech wide receiver Stephen Hill and Central Florida cornerback Josh Robinson.

4. Massaquoi provides much needed depth at the OLB position and is built like a 3-4 OLB. I like his pass rushing potential on nickel and dime situations as well.

5. Broyles may be my favorite late round player this year. I followed his entire career and he was a MONSTER. He was constantly game planned for and still beat the double coverages. I think the NFL falls in love with speed/size guys like Hill, but when you watch the tape, this guy could be the next Isaac Bruce. He's that talented.

MAN! I can't wait for this draft!!! After the 9ers FO aced last year's "exam", I'm giddy to see what they can do in act 2!!!! No matter who we pick, I feel supremely confident that we will hit it big yet again! After suffering though the Terry Donahue years, god damn if feels good to have competent people steering this ship!

IN HARBAALKE WE TRUST!!!
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
Thanks guys! I would be THRILLED with this "best case" scenario

Couple things...

1. I think either the Texans grab Fleener or the Giants trade up to grab him. If that's the case maybe someone else falls to us, or we trade back for another 1st next year or more picks in 2nd and 3rd this year. Wouldn't be shocked if they stood pat and picked Alshon Jeffery or Reuben Randle who are both beasts with hands.

2. I'm really high on Zeitler ( OG from Iowa ), but I think he goes early 2nd. I've been falling in love with Osemele more and more and he would be a beast in the late 2nd.

3. When they signed Jacobs I really didn't think they would draft a RB. However, if a guy like Turbin is available in mid to late 3rd, I think we would have to take him. He really reminds me of Gore. It would mean we had too many RB's though..Gore, Hunter, Jacobs, Dixon and Rock. However I think this regime has lost faith in Dixon after the NFC Championship game. I would not be shocked if Dixon was released or told to move to FB. Not sure his running style fits being a FB, but then again, I didn't think a former QB ( Michael Robinson ) would either. If we cut Dixon, then Rock and Jacobs are only here for one year, so this pick would be good for today and tomorrow. But I agree, it would not shock me if we did not draft a RB until next year. Maybe if we lose out on Fleener, this 3rd rounder would be a TE. If so, then I would love to get Michael Egnew from Missouri. He is a great pass catching TE with a big body. Two years ago he was Blaine Gabberts go to guy. The only other good option was Wes Welker clone TJ Moe. Egnew would be great in our system. This is what he did at the combine =

36 inch Vert ( 2nd )
4.32 shuttle ( 2nd )
7.03 cone ( 2nd )
21 reps ( 5th )
4.62 forty ( 5th )

He has great hands and did this on his proday =

weighed in at 251 pounds, a pound lighter than at the Combine. He posted a 37 1/2-inch vertical and an 11-foot, 3-inch broad jump, improving on the 36 and 10-11 he managed in Indianapolis last week. In fact, his broad jump broke his own school record and would have been the best at the Combine, which was an 11-1 by Georgia Tech wide receiver Stephen Hill and Central Florida cornerback Josh Robinson.

4. Massaquoi provides much needed depth at the OLB position and is built like a 3-4 OLB. I like his pass rushing potential on nickel and dime situations as well.

5. Broyles may be my favorite late round player this year. I followed his entire career and he was a MONSTER. He was constantly game planned for and still beat the double coverages. I think the NFL falls in love with speed/size guys like Hill, but when you watch the tape, this guy could be the next Isaac Bruce. He's that talented.

MAN! I can't wait for this draft!!! After the 9ers FO aced last year's "exam", I'm giddy to see what they can do in act 2!!!! No matter who we pick, I feel supremely confident that we will hit it big yet again! After suffering though the Terry Donahue years, god damn if feels good to have competent people steering this ship!

IN HARBAALKE WE TRUST!!!

Zeitler is from Wisconsin, not Iowa.

AND I love this draft. Anything to get rid of Twitter Boy Dixie!