There are 168 users in the forums

ESPN Bloggers Mock

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
So I take it Wright is gonna become the new Eric Berry/Prince Amukamara draft favorite for the zone this year? (The player everybody thinks will fall to us/guy we end up valuing more than our GM does.)

that might be fleener no one on NFL Network sees fleener as 1st round talent

fixed. Plenty of decent draft guys have Fleener in the first, just not Mayock and the band of d-bags swinging from his jock. I like Mayock, but he's been wrong, too (didn't think Cam or Dalton would do anything year one).
No wright! No wright! No wright! For god sakes, we already have small shifty receivers - crabs, manningham. This whole argument about speed was said of crabs too. Regardless, no more small receivers needed on the darn roster. Get a big body, fleener or Jeffrey, hills if we get lucky he drops, but he's a project to get nfl ready.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KID9R:
4.43 isn't bad. How's DHB doing in Oakland, Al?

At this point we cant say taking DHB over crabtree was that bad of a decision
  • fan49
  • Veteran
i love how people say hills not ready. in the short amount of times he got the ball or they even attempted to pass due to a heavy run offense, he showed he could straight up ball.... 28 receptions 820 yards = baller. over 29 yards a catch. from a no one... Wright. 108 catches for 1663 yards. from who???? RG3 15.4 yards a catch. HILL>>>>>WRIGHT!!! you throw the ball to hill just as much, im not even gonna do the math how bout we just say its waaaaaaayyyy more!!!
Originally posted by fan49:
i love how people say hills not ready. in the short amount of times he got the ball or they even attempted to pass due to a heavy run offense, he showed he could straight up ball.... 28 receptions 820 yards = baller. over 29 yards a catch. from a no one... Wright. 108 catches for 1663 yards. from who???? RG3 15.4 yards a catch. HILL>>>>>WRIGHT!!! you throw the ball to hill just as much, im not even gonna do the math how bout we just say its waaaaaaayyyy more!!!

If you throw the ball to Hill as much, you aren't in a triple option offense, and the coverage would be rolled to your only receiving threat. There is no boiler-plate, direct comparison. Not saying I'd prefer Wright, because I think they are both very interesting, but the comparison requires WAY too many assumptions to be valid
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Originally posted by KID9R:
4.43 isn't bad. How's DHB doing in Oakland, Al?

At this point we cant say taking DHB over crabtree was that bad of a decision

Yeah, DHB had a better year than any of our receivers did last year.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
If you throw the ball to Hill as much, you aren't in a triple option offense, and the coverage would be rolled to your only receiving threat. There is no boiler-plate, direct comparison. Not saying I'd prefer Wright, because I think they are both very interesting, but the comparison requires WAY too many assumptions to be valid

reguardless though he doubled the yac of wright 29 yards per catch is pretty damn savage
because wright is by far the fastest player in this draft and that includes stephen hill

hes a playmaker who is a threat to teh house every time and is proven as well

LOl, Wright is by far the fastest player? Oh brother.
[ Edited by kronik on Apr 2, 2012 at 9:18 PM ]
Originally posted by fan49:
reguardless though he doubled the yac of wright 29 yards per catch is pretty damn savage

This is why it's dangerous only looking at the stats...Stephen Hill has a chance to be a straight up beast, there's no question about it. That's being said, if you watched him a bit this year you'd see a couple of 60+ yard Tds where the defense is selling out so hard to stop the run, Stephen Hill was left uncovered. I've seen this on two Tds and on a third play that Hill happened to drop that would've gone for 60+ as well...considering I saw maybe 3 GT games this year and Stephen Hill went completely uncovered on at least 3 plays, that's gotta tell how opposing teams felt about him and his role in the triple option. He is not the main threat and has yet to face the complex combo coverages that DC's can draw up to make life hell on big time receivers so take that YPC with a grain of salt.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
What? He's faster than all the people who beat him by two tenths at the combine?

well mr al davis

when you turn on the tape there is not one player who can catch him when he steps ets to his top speed fast and people dont catch him from behind
on the field he accelerates quickly and never gets caught from behind

U can say that about alot of players on tape Einstein. BTW, which speedy CB's did he 'run away' from on the gametape?

Wright would be a dream come true. His game speed is waaaaaaaaay better than his timed speed and he can catch the ball. He is the perfect compliment to crabtree. We can also draft a "big WR" later on in the rounds.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Baugh_Area:
This is why it's dangerous only looking at the stats...Stephen Hill has a chance to be a straight up beast, there's no question about it. That's being said, if you watched him a bit this year you'd see a couple of 60+ yard Tds where the defense is selling out so hard to stop the run, Stephen Hill was left uncovered. I've seen this on two Tds and on a third play that Hill happened to drop that would've gone for 60+ as well...considering I saw maybe 3 GT games this year and Stephen Hill went completely uncovered on at least 3 plays, that's gotta tell how opposing teams felt about him and his role in the triple option. He is not the main threat and has yet to face the complex combo coverages that DC's can draw up to make life hell on big time receivers so take that YPC with a grain of salt.

a big thing too is no one could catch him, and i saw quite a few playes were he was just as elusive as he was fast. we need a deep threat for this year and future, and we need a big target. big target with huge leaping ability is huge too, especially when he can make those huge leap catches with one hand. I gues id say id rather take a risk on a guy with that ability over a slower, smaller guy who had a top 2 qb throwing to him
Heads are going to explode when Baalke drafts someone and everyone goes what??!!!! Who? WTH!!! WTF!!! We should have traded back or traded up blah blah blah.

[ Edited by WildBill on Apr 2, 2012 at 11:07 PM ]
Originally posted by WildBill:
Heads are going to explode when Baalke drafts someone and everyone goes what??!!!! Who? WTH!!! WTF!!! We should have traded back or traded up blah blah blah.

For sure, you know it's going to happen
wright>fleener

what basis are you guys saying fleener is better?

wright was a guarantee lock top 15 before the combine he has elite speed good hands he is extremelly quick as well

He's like 5'10" and ran like a 4.65 at the combine..... What's so good about him? Just what we need. Another small, slow WR. We got tons of those already on the roster.
Share 49ersWebzone