There are 109 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

ESPN Bloggers Mock

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/56486/2012-nfl-blog-network-mock-draft

Highlights: Kendall Wright to 49ers; Fleener not taken in the first round.

Can someone tell me why Wright is a good prospect? 5'10" with bad timed speed...
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
4.43 isn't bad. How's DHB doing in Oakland, Al?
because wright is by far the fastest player in this draft and that includes stephen hill

hes a playmaker who is a threat to teh house every time and is proven as well
Originally posted by KID9R:
4.43 isn't bad. How's DHB doing in Oakland, Al?

That was only at his pro day, yes? At the combine, he was among the slower WRs.

As you astutely point out, measureables aren't everything. But my question was sincere; I'm not sure what makes him a first round prospect. I'm a big Niner fan but don't watch CFB.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
because wright is by far the fastest player in this draft and that includes stephen hill

hes a playmaker who is a threat to teh house every time and is proven as well

What? He's faster than all the people who beat him by two tenths at the combine?
i would take jenkins if he was available
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/56486/2012-nfl-blog-network-mock-draft

Highlights: Kendall Wright to 49ers; Fleener not taken in the first round.

Can someone tell me why Wright is a good prospect? 5'10" with bad timed speed...

Ya, Wright to me just looks too tiny. If Fleener is there I think there is a 100% chance we take him.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
What? He's faster than all the people who beat him by two tenths at the combine?

well mr al davis

when you turn on the tape there is not one player who can catch him when he steps ets to his top speed fast and people dont catch him from behind
on the field he accelerates quickly and never gets caught from behind
I agree, if Fleener is there is becomes a 49'er
wright>fleener

what basis are you guys saying fleener is better?

wright was a guarantee lock top 15 before the combine he has elite speed good hands he is extremelly quick as well
I like Fleener in the first, then BPA the rest of the way, (which will land us a WR at some point. I also wouldn't mind Baalke trading his later round picks to jump back into the first 4 rounds.

My rationale is that Alex Smith's arm can benefit from as many shallow routes as possible, and a Double Tights threat in Davis & Fleener just makes me salivate. That should draw the safeties in for an occasional shot downfield to Moss.

I know Wright had a bad combine. His highlight reel is the more accurate depiction of him. He did redeem himself on his pro-day, though. The layman's dilemma in the Zone then becomes: Who do we pull the trigger on if Stephen Hill, Kendall Wright, AND Coby Fleener are still on the board at 30?

ps. Don't sleep on Kendall Reyes
^^ wright for sure

wright had 25% RG3 catches
and 40% of RG3 yards
I like Kendall Wright but he's too small for my liking. I think we need a big physical WR who can get vertical.
We already have a mediocre undersized 1st round WR in Michael Crabtree, what's the use of having two?

Only purpose of drafting Wright would be for slot purposes, and KR duties once Ginn's contract runs out (which we could easily address in the 3rd/4th round).

-If DeCastro, Hill, and Fleener were all off the board at this point I'd go BPA, and Wright is a 2nd rounder material in sheepskin clothing due to a WR-needy draft.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
We already have a mediocre undersized 1st round WR in Michael Crabtree, what's the use of having two?

Only purpose of drafting Wright would be for slot purposes, and KR duties once Ginn's contract runs out (which we could easily address in the 3rd/4th round).

-If DeCastro, Hill, and Fleener were all off the board at this point I'd go BPA, and Wright is a 2nd rounder material in sheepskin clothing due to a WR-needy draft.

the difference is wright has eltie speed crabtree doesnt

its like saying greg jennings and steve smith are teh same as crabtree because theyre short

jennings and smith have speed jjust like wright