There are 175 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

TOP 5 draft Pro Bowl/Busts

I haven't looked into the WRs much but my spidey sense tells me Alshon Jeffery = JaMarcus Russell at WR.
Pro Bowler
QB- Andrew Luck
WR- Michael Floyd
WR- Joe Adams
OT- Matt Kalil
OG- David Decastro
MLB- Luke Kuechly (though I don't think he will warrant a top 10 pick, this is more of a tackles/politics pro bowl vote)
DL- Jerrel Worthy

Bust
QB- Ryan Tannehill
DL- Devon Still
CB- Dre Kirkpatrick
CB- Stephon Gilmore
WR- Kendall Wright
WR- Stephen Hill
OT- Mike Adams
TE- Orson Charles
DT- Dontari Poe

Steals (If I were a GM picking late 1st, I would trade back out of the first to pick up a 2nd and 3rd, use BPA for our two 2nd rounders and then try to acquire as many players on this list as possible between rounds 3-6:

WR- Joe Adams
WR- Greg Childs
WR- Devon Wylie
WR- Elvis Akpa
DE- Derek Wolfe
CB- Josh Norman
OG- Brandon Brooks
RB- Isaiah Pead
OLB- Miles Burris
FS- Janzen Jackson
QB- BJ Coleman
RB- Chris Rainey
[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Apr 7, 2012 at 10:29 AM ]
Not sure if youre a big College Football fan or not. I am and think Blackmon is a MONSTER!! He wont be Megatron, but man, when I watch him play I hear birds chirpin and hearts poppin. Guy is legit. Think Boldin. Id be shocked if he ends up being Roy Williams II
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
i would flip flop blackmon with hill.
agreed
Pro Bowlers
Andrew Luck
Trent Richardson
Janoris Jenkins
David Decastro
Alshon Jeffery

Bust
Stephen Hill
Ryan Tannehill
Dontari Poe
Quinton Coples
Kendall Wright

Could go either way
Robert Griffin III - Good player but unfortunately will be drafted by the Redskins.
[ Edited by Vasco49er on Apr 4, 2012 at 7:14 PM ]
Niners need either Fleener Or Hill in the first round both would be great additions
Originally posted by rafachivas12:
Niners need either Fleener Or Hill in the first round both would be great additions

the probelm with hill though is he is too raw he wont be ready

id rather get wright or fleener

wright is the shifty guy impossible to stop one on one in 3rd down situations not to mention he is a deep threat who has the ability to take it to the house everytime he touches the ball
Probowler:

QB Andrew Luck
OT Matt Kalil
OG David DeCastro
DT Fletcher Cox
WR Michael Floyd

Busts:
QB/HB..lol RG3: Likeable and sharp kid..but will not be successful in D.C.
DT Dontari Poe
WR Justin Blackmon
OT Mike Adams
DE/OLB Quinton Coples

Just to add something, I know everyone is anointing Cam Newton as a future HOF, but I believe once Defensive Coordinators get to watch a full season of tape they will be able to contain him and make him an average NFL QB at best.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by rafachivas12:

the probelm with hill though is he is too raw he wont be ready

id rather get wright or fleener

wright is the shifty guy impossible to stop one on one in 3rd down situations not to mention he is a deep threat who has the ability to take it to the house everytime he touches the ball

I totally agree with you except for Hill could be an ideal prospect for us. He may not be ready now, but in two years, he may be an all pro or a bust. Whatever team drafts him should "red shirt" him in the first year and put him in the 4th WR role in year two. Year three, he may be ready to break out.
Lulz at everyone picking Blackmon to bust. He is a beast.
Watching the "top recievers" individual highlights, I personally didn't like Nick Toon.
But the one bust I'll strongly call with my very amateur analysis is Lamar Miller. He looks to me like a really fast guy who can beat people to the church if he gets space, but not a player with a natural ability to shake guys or grind out an extra couple yards after contact or pick up the blitz. He'll be called a bust if drafted in round 1 or 2.
Originally posted by captain_planet:
Lulz at everyone picking Blackmon to bust. He is a beast.
Watching the "top recievers" individual highlights, I personally didn't like Nick Toon.
But the one bust I'll strongly call with my very amateur analysis is Lamar Miller. He looks to me like a really fast guy who can beat people to the church if he gets space, but not a player with a natural ability to shake guys or grind out an extra couple yards after contact or pick up the blitz. He'll be called a bust if drafted in round 1 or 2.

I disagree on Lamar Miller. He grinds out extra yards and routinely breaks arm tackles and most improtantly to grinding out yards, he runs low. If you watch David Wilson, sure WIlson is physical but he runs so high that his physicality is going to back fire. You can run upright in college and knock people over, not in the NFL unless you are a very rare breed. In the NFL, you gotta run low and drive with the legs for extra yards, which Lamar Miller does.

Lamar Miller's run style IMO fits what works in the NFL very well. I don't think Lamar will be a 20-25 carry back, but who is now days? No one is expecting him to be Adrian Peterson or anything.

I don't put much emphasis at all on "shaking guys". That rarely ever works at the NFL level, give me a one-cut speed back any day over a dancing RB.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Don't know if I want to say Pro Bowl vs. Bust, but there are guys that I feel have higher potential to bust vs. player I believe will be good pros.

Good Pros:
ILB Luke Kuechly
C Peter Konz
WR Mohamed Sanu
DE/OLB Melvin Ingram
DT Kendall Reyes

High Bust Potential:
DT Dontrari Poe
OT Mike Adams
DE Whitney Mercilus
DE Courtney Upshaw
WR Nick Toon

strongly agree with the 5 busts...although Poe could go either way
PB:
Trent Richardson
RG3
Andrew Luck
Vinny Curry
Matt Khalil

Bust:
Quenton Coples - just another defensive player to underachieve from UNC.
Dontari Poe - should be a decent clog, but can't get after the QB and will be way over-drafted.
Michael Brockers - raw and will be over-drafted.
Riley Reiff - he's versatile! "Versatile" translates to "doesn't accel at any position".
Ryan Tannehill - could be special in the right organization, but I think Miami takes him and ruins his potential.
Im calling it right now Alshon Jeffrey will be the best WR from this draft class in a few years
Originally posted by valrod33:
Im calling it right now Alshon Jeffrey will be the best WR from this draft class in a few years