There are 71 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mock Draft that will not be popular

If you didn't notice, last year, 2 draft picks didn't stick, and one that did was because injuries and was brought back later, so I doubt we are going to do things like trade a 5th for picks like 6, 7. If anything the niners trade up in the first or second this year. They may go for quality and sacrifice quantity this year. If they trade it will be for someone's higher pick next year, as insurance against Grant, Bowman, Goldson, Moss leaving. The roster will be tougher to make.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WildBill:
If you didn't notice, last year, 2 draft picks didn't stick, and one that did was because injuries and was brought back later, so I doubt we are going to do things like trade a 5th for picks like 6, 7. If anything the niners trade up in the first or second this year. They may go for quality and sacrifice quantity this year. If they trade it will be for someone's higher pick next year, as insurance against Grant, Bowman, Goldson, Moss leaving. The roster will be tougher to make.

who was the 2nd pick? Only 1 I know of that flat out got cut was Ron Jon....2nd pick I can name is Holcomb and he was on IR all year and never cut.

EDIT: I Remembered....Colin Jones was cut but put on PS, he was never drafted to play, only for ST so I dont think it counts that we intentionally put him on PS right away and brought him up when he showed he was worth it.
[ Edited by sfout on Mar 30, 2012 at 5:22 PM ]
Randle > Sanu IMO.
I've never understood the rationale of doing a mock drafts with trades that you know won't happen.
Originally posted by sfout:
who was the 2nd pick? Only 1 I know of that flat out got cut was Ron Jon....2nd pick I can name is Holcomb and he was on IR all year and never cut.

EDIT: I Remembered....Colin Jones was cut but put on PS, he was never drafted to play, only for ST so I dont think it counts that we intentionally put him on PS right away and brought him up when he showed he was worth it.

Colin Jones is the one I talked about, they drafted then cut him then when no one claimed him, put him on practice squad, then some lucky breaks allowed him to make the team as a special teamer. The point being that it is going to be even harder this year to make the team as a draft. So don't be surprised that picks are packaged to move up and we come away with only 4 or 5 picks total.
I think just the opposite will happen...that is, Baalke will trade up to get some top-line players. Given the roster's already full, only the best talent will have a reasonable shot to make the team. If he comes out of the draft with 4-5 very good players, it'll be the more effective method to pack the roster with peak talent.
No Fleener....