There are 100 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mock Draft that will not be popular

Fleener/Wright/Konz not available at 30, Niners trade pick 30 and their 4th round pick to New England for Pick 38 and pick 62. The Niners usually get screwed in trades with NE, but they are the willing trade partner and want 3 1st round picks with the new rookie salary cap scale.

Pick 30 Traded to New England
Pick 2A 47 1a Sanu 1b Ruben Randle- WR taken care of
Pick 61 2b - 1a Jared Crick DE 1b Dwayne Allen TE 1C Kevin Zeitler OG
Pick 62- 1a Dwayne Allen TE 1b Kevin Zeitler OG
Pick 93- 1a Philip Blake C Baylor 1b Jonathan Massaquoi OLB Troy
4th- traded to New England
5th- Trade down for a 6th and 7th.
6a- Nate Potter OT Boise State
6b Hebron Fangupo olb notre dame
7A Darius Fleming NT BYU
7B Devon Wylie WR/KR
If we get Sanu, Crick, Zeitler and Blake I could deal with that.

Instead of Potter in the 6th, I would like to see a FS, or WR. We have Staley, Davis and Boone to play T.
#1- i doubt that trade happens
#2- just pick someone, the point of a mock draft is to pick someone. not 2 or 3 options, we know who might be there
New England is already picking at #27 and #31 overall...do you really think they would be a "willing" trade partner for pick #30? Remember, we're talking about New England. If anything, THEY would be trading back with one of those picks, not looking to trade back in to the late first.
Trade makes no sense at all. Pats already have 2 1st rounders.
IF....IF Zeigler was still there at 61, he would be my 1a option not 1c
devon wylie better than 7th rd pick
The 5th, 6th, 7th picks should all be traded, for what I have no clue, the odds of those picks making the team are slim to none. Its really nice to finally say that.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
that hurt my eyes to read, spread it out next time lol. yes everyone has already said it but heres my take

#1 - NE will not trade UP to the 30th pick when they already own the 27th and 29th picks, if anything they will use one of those as trade bait and move backward. Thus rendering at least 2 of your picks null and void and yes please just pick someone, you're not going to hurt anyones' feelings by picking Sanu over Randle or vice versa.

#2 - not really a big deal but you got Hebron and Fleming backwards lol. Fleming is the OLB from ND and Hebron is the NT from BYU. Secondly I've seen Hebron graded as an early day 3 so he could theoretically slip to the 6th but I highly doubt it, same with Fleming but he had a unspectacular combine so maybe he slips to the 7th.

#3 - For this to in anyway make sense you would be better off trying to select Wylie with our 5th rounder or maybe stretching it and selecting him in the 6th after a trade, there is simply no way he falls to the very tail end of the draft after all of the compensatory picks have been added in.

#4 - I've seen Potter graded as a 4th rounder and why in gods name would we select a tackle when we need a guard? Unless had you not listed 3 picks with the early options and just chosen Kevin Zeitler then it would make sense but based on what you posted this makes no sense at all.

bottom line just pick a player and dont do this multiple choice stuff it makes every subsequent pick irrelevant because we have no idea what direction this going in. Almost feel like you posted it just to get a rise out of people lol but nonetheless.
You were right..........no one likes this mock.
Originally posted by 9erred:
Fleener/Wright/Konz not available at 30, Niners trade pick 30 and their 4th round pick to New England for Pick 38 and pick 62. The Niners usually get screwed in trades with NE, but they are the willing trade partner and want 3 1st round picks with the new rookie salary cap scale.

7A Darius Fleming NT BYU
7B Devon Wylie WR/KR

Please identify the roster spots for all those WRs...
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
You were right..........no one likes this mock.

true
Originally posted by nickbradley:

7A Darius Fleming NT BYU
7B Devon Wylie WR/KR

Please identify the roster spots for all those WRs...

The last time I checked, Moss was on a 1 year deal, and Manninhgam a two year deal, and Kyle Williams last year of contract.
1. Michael Crabtree-Lock
2. Randy Moss- Lock
3. Mario Manningham- Lock
4. Ted Ginn- Lock?? KR/PR
5. Sanu- 4 year deal
6. Evon Wylie WR/KR

Cut- a player with one year on his contract remaining, KW.
The last time I checked, Moss was on a 1 year deal, and Manninhgam a two year deal, and Kyle Williams last year of contract.
1. Michael Crabtree-Lock
2. Randy Moss- Lock
3. Mario Manningham- Lock
4. Ted Ginn- Lock?? KR/PR
5. Sanu- 4 year deal
6. Evon Wylie WR/KR

Cut- a player with one year on his contract remaining, KW.

Kyle Williams is signed through 2013 and we'll probably only suit up 5 WRs
Zeitler wont be there at that pick.