There are 188 users in the forums

Draft Visit & Workout Tracker UPDATE: DRAFTED JENKINS, FLEMING, SLOWEY

I haven't been this excited about drafting a receiver late in the 1st since Rashaun Woods
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
I haven't been this excited about drafting a receiver late in the 1st since Rashaun Woods

I'm sorry you were excited by that jk.

This draft is going to be nuts, im way excited to see who we draft at receiver.

Also, AJ Smith is reiterating his stance on being incredibly flexible on trades during the draft. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/13/a-j-smith-ready-to-make-deals-in-the-draft/

SD at 18 could be a viable trade parter for us as most mocks have the Bears at 19 picking Hill or Wright.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Matt Maiocco ‏ @MaioccoCSN
Cincinnati RB Isaiah Pead to visit 49ers, says league source.

I pead.
Originally posted by sfout:
I'm sorry you were excited by that jk.

This draft is going to be nuts, im way excited to see who we draft at receiver.

Also, AJ Smith is reiterating his stance on being incredibly flexible on trades during the draft. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/13/a-j-smith-ready-to-make-deals-in-the-draft/

SD at 18 could be a viable trade parter for us as most mocks have the Bears at 19 picking Hill or Wright.

that would be great

id also like to add floyd to that list
Originally posted by SolRebe1:

lol i know. Damn i had high hopes for that fishin magician.
All of this looking at running backs leads me to believe we are planning on cutting or trading Anthony Dixon.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
All of this looking at running backs leads me to believe we are planning on cutting or trading Anthony Dixon.

for real, whats more intriguing to me is the size of the RBs and how early their projected to go. Aside from Turbin they are all 5-9/5-10 and sub 205. Just like Hunter, this makes me think that my original conjecture was spot on about us going to a New Orleans style committee in order to preserve Frank for the longest possible time. Then that they are all day 1 or very early day 2 picks is really telling about how serious we are at improving our running game.

EDIT: Also something else to add to the RB prospects. Tom Gamble was at both the Washington and Oregon Pro Days and was reportedly paying incredibly close attention to Chris Polk and LaMichael James.
[ Edited by sfout on Apr 14, 2012 at 3:54 PM ]
Originally posted by Wodwo:

I pead.

I called it...

Check the I got a need for Pead thread.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

I pead.

I called it...

I really think it'll come down to Pead and Turbin at our 3rd round pick. The one glaring difference being body type and bulk aside they are both incredibly competitive, north and south runners, great pass catchers and very versatile with the ability to line up as slot receivers. The one thing that gives Pead the edge is his ability in the kick return game, he showed flashes during the 2011 season and then had those monster returns at the senior bowl, he would give us the ability to keep both Kendall Hunter and Kyle Williams off the field on returns, Hunter so we can keep him fresh for offense downs and Williams because he is a better WR then he is a KR.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

I pead.

I called it...

I really think it'll come down to Pead and Turbin at our 3rd round pick. The one glaring difference being body type and bulk aside they are both incredibly competitive, north and south runners, great pass catchers and very versatile with the ability to line up as slot receivers. The one thing that gives Pead the edge is his ability in the kick return game, he showed flashes during the 2011 season and then had those monster returns at the senior bowl, he would give us the ability to keep both Kendall Hunter and Kyle Williams off the field on returns, Hunter so we can keep him fresh for offense downs and Williams because he is a better WR then he is a KR.

I like Pead if it was my choice to be drafted by the 49ers.

I'm seeing and hearing that Kendall wright is impressing and is extremelly fast in and out of his breaks
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Hmmm I guess we don't plan on drafting any DB's early.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
I'm seeing and hearing that Kendall wright is impressing and is extremelly fast in and out of his breaks

que? Elaborate?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:

damnt didnt see this post before my last one. I really dont think we will, maybe late day 2 or early day 3 if at all. We have 5 of the 6 CBs competing for the final spots locked up for at least 2 years(not including Cox its 3 years minimum) so we really have no need unless a CB just falls into our lap as BPA.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:

damnt didnt see this post before my last one. I really dont think we will, maybe late day 2 or early day 3 if at all. We have 5 of the 6 CBs competing for the final spots locked up for at least 2 years(not including Cox its 3 years minimum) so we really have no need unless a CB just falls into our lap as BPA.

There's always room for improvement at this position and I'm not sold on Brock or Brown. We need to upgrade.
Share 49ersWebzone