There are 240 users in the forums

Draft Visit & Workout Tracker UPDATE: DRAFTED JENKINS, FLEMING, SLOWEY

Originally posted by sfout:
bump for Silatolu

They are saying he is a late first round pick now. i always heard 2 or 3?????
Originally posted by jacklegniner:

Yeah the NFL hype machine is in full swing. The guy dominated in college but how can you evaluate him? The level of competition was horrible. But he'll be drafted way to high based on potential. I was hoping he'd be in consideration for our second round pick.
Originally posted by NinerG94:

Yeah the NFL hype machine is in full swing. The guy dominated in college but how can you evaluate him? The level of competition was horrible. But he'll be drafted way to high based on potential. I was hoping he'd be in consideration for our second round pick.

The same things were said about Iupati
wouldnt fall to us anyways
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

No they weren't. Iupati was never considered anything less than the best guard prospect in that draft!! He didn't start out as 2nd or 3rd round pick. Not to mention Midwestern State being a Division II school.
[ Edited by NinerG94 on Apr 12, 2012 at 1:24 PM ]

No they weren't. Iupati was never considered anything less than the best guard prospect in that draft!! He didn't start out as 2nd or 3rd round pick. Not to mention Midwestern State being a Division II school.

Iupati started out as a late 1 / early 2 projection with questions about competition level.
Originally posted by Overkill:
Iupati started out as a late 1 / early 2 projection with questions about competition level.

Iupati appeared more dominant against USC than Silatolu did against D2 competition, it's not even close. Iupati is hands down, far and away, the better prospect.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
bump for Silatolu

ever since the mock draft "season" really got going 2 months ago I've never seen him lower then pick 70 and no earlier then 45. So I'd buy it if he is being considered a top 40-45.

thats what you want, if the guy absolutely crushes D2 competition then he would probably be above average or still dominate most d1 competition as well. I dont even know what conference Iupati's college was and he went top 20. Silatolu is incredibly versatile and as you say dominated his competition so those are still more positive then negative. I'd be happy if he ended up being the pick at 30.

edit: Andre Hardy, a former college basketball player signed with the Raiders as a off the street free agent.
[ Edited by sfout on Apr 12, 2012 at 3:52 PM ]
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
Iupati appeared more dominant against USC than Silatolu did against D2 competition, it's not even close. Iupati is hands down, far and away, the better prospect.

Agreed.

Nobody's saying Iupati wasn't the better prospect. He clearly was. The only comparison is that both faced questions about the level of competition and both rose in value as the draft got closer. That's all we are saying. It shouldn't surprise anyone that a guy facing competition questions would rise or fall as he goes through work outs.
Stephen Hill to visit 49ers this weekend.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/04/georgia-tech-wr-hill-due-to-visit-49ers.html

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/04/georgia-tech-wr-hill-due-to-visit-49ers.html

thank you sir.

nice to hear

i hope he worked on his route running in the time being
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

nice to hear

i hope he worked on his route running in the time being

Hope he hasn't and Harbaugh teaches him, otherwise he is gone.
Silatolu with the first rounder or we can forget it.

thank you sir.

This. Really hope Harbaugh and Baalke like this kid and do everything they can to get him on the 49ers.
Share 49ersWebzone