There are 122 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Draft Visit & Workout Tracker UPDATE: DRAFTED JENKINS, FLEMING, SLOWEY

  • teeohh
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,874
randle was the flavor of the week here before hill's pro day
It was before Hill's combine, and I think he is justifiably going to reclaim his spot as the #4 or 5 receiver in the draft. Hill may be an athletic freak with great hands, but Randles much closer to being pro-ready.
Originally posted by Butter:
Have the Niners brought in Stephen Hill? Interesting that they are looking at Randle and not Hill.

They may, but I keep thinking they want that Split-end WCO which is more of a Randle than Hill. Randle breaks tackles well, Hill not so much. I think that Hou will take S. Hill, for the speed to pair w/ Johnson, scary good.

If NE doesn't select Randle, IMO, we could be looking at a Randle, Fleener and possibly Konz at #30. To me it's Fleener or Konz as this draft is DEEP with Randle-types right into the fifth round.

It would be a nice situation to have to choose from Randle, Jeffery, Fleener or Hill. But those four seem like the pick to me unless they jump to get an OG, IMO, like Glenn for example...maybe even DeCastro if he drops out of the top 20, ain't going to happen though.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,306
Originally posted by 5280High:
It was before Hill's combine, and I think he is justifiably going to reclaim his spot as the #4 or 5 receiver in the draft. Hill may be an athletic freak with great hands, but Randles much closer to being pro-ready.


Originally posted by toeshawn:
randle was the flavor of the week here before hill's pro day

no Randle was in early April, not in March, it was after Hill's combine and pro-day. Most of the media is reporting that Hill will visit within the next 2 weeks but nothing officially scheduled yet.

and....


Originally posted by ninertico:
They may, but I keep thinking they want that Split-end WCO which is more of a Randle than Hill. Randle breaks tackles well, Hill not so much. I think that Hou will take S. Hill, for the speed to pair w/ Johnson, scary good.

If NE doesn't select Randle, IMO, we could be looking at a Randle, Fleener and possibly Konz at #30. To me it's Fleener or Konz as this draft is DEEP with Randle-types right into the fifth round.

It would be a nice situation to have to choose from Randle, Jeffery, Fleener or Hill. But those four seem like the pick to me unless they jump to get an OG, IMO, like Glenn for example...maybe even DeCastro if he drops out of the top 20, ain't going to happen though.

this is what I think as well.
I wouldn't mind adding Randle, Sanu or Jefferey to the roster. We need a big receiver who can get open on 3rd down.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,306
Originally posted by DirtyP:
I wouldn't mind adding Randle, Sanu or Jefferey to the roster. We need a big receiver who can get open on 3rd down.

Sanu cant get open on 3rd down, he can just catch anything thrown his way, only way Sanu helps this team is if Alex is told to throw it into tight windows with him/Sanu earns his trust for said tight throws.
i wouldnt mind taking randle in the 1st

he has good speed is young with a lot of potential

doesnt have the superstar upside but i can definitally see him as a reggie wayne type WR
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i wouldnt mind taking randle in the 1st

he has good speed is young with a lot of potential

doesnt have the superstar upside but i can definitally see him as a reggie wayne type WR
why doesnt he have superstar potential when hes like 20 yrs old with room to get better, 6'3" and runs a 4.4? those are all superstar capabilities
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
why doesnt he have superstar potential when hes like 20 yrs old with room to get better, 6'3" and runs a 4.4? those are all superstar capabilities

does he have a 4.4 ? i thought he ran a 4.56 or something like that
Rueben Randle would be a great addition to the niners.
Nothing but public 'diversions' for when we trade up for Hill.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
why doesnt he have superstar potential when hes like 20 yrs old with room to get better, 6'3" and runs a 4.4? those are all superstar capabilities

does he have a 4.4 ? i thought he ran a 4.56 or something like that

he ran better at his pro day
Contrary to some in here, I actually think that Hill breaks tackles better than Randle.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,306
BUMP: Michael Floyd visit canceled, no word on if it was canceled by us or him.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,306
bump for Silatolu