There are 99 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Any chance we pull a Ditka?

Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:
You want to ditch Frank after all these years of his valuable service, right when were heavy contenders.??? thats like leading the horse to water, and shooting it before it has a chance to drink!

How many Super Bowls has Gore's "many years of valuable service" brought us? Playoff appearances? Winning seasons?
You never go full Ditka.
Originally posted by JDog:
I am not recomending this. I am just wondering with as close as we were last year and the flirtation with PM.

Could it be feesible that Harbaugh convinces Balke to go all in on Luck?

Would we have the ammo, would they include Alex, is Luck better than what we have now?

Flame away

as a an alex smith supported I would hasve to say Luck would be worth taking a hot on a ditka type deal...though i dont think the colts go for it
Originally posted by RDB4216:
How many Super Bowls has Gore's "many years of valuable service" brought us? Playoff appearances? Winning seasons?

Very silly way to look at it. You could say the same thing about Patrick Willis or Justin Smith.
[ Edited by Engleburger on Apr 1, 2012 at 9:14 AM ]
^ not sure why that post came up as nonsense. When I go back to edit it looks right.

'That's a really silly way to look at it. You could say the same thing about Patrick Willis or Justin Smith'
Originally posted by Engleburger:
Very silly way to look at it. You could say the same thing about Patrick Willis or Justin Smith.

The key word there was "valuable service". What was the value that we owe Gore so much for? Would you prefer personal stats? How many years did he lead the league in rushing? TD's? Anything? He had ONE great season which he turned into a huge payday, and never came close to those numbers again. So my way of thinking may be "silly" to you, but I feel the same way about people that think we owe Gore something for his "valuable service" that he was already over paid for.
Originally posted by English:
You never go full Ditka.

Lolz
The key word there was "valuable service". What was the value that we owe Gore so much for? Would you prefer personal stats? How many years did he lead the league in rushing? TD's? Anything? He had ONE great season which he turned into a huge payday, and never came close to those numbers again. So my way of thinking may be "silly" to you, but I feel the same way about people that think we owe Gore something for his "valuable service" that he was already over paid for.

He has been to the pro bowl 3 times. He is the all time leading 49er rusher (ahead of 2 hall of famers and Roger Craig). He racked up yardage on the 05,06,07 teams, which were horrible squads and completely devoid of talent.

He is still a 1000+ yard back at the very least. However he is also the emotional leader, a fan favorite, and represents everything this team has overcome in the last seven years.

Trading Gore now would be the equivalent of letting Walter Payton get to the super bowl and not letting him score a touchdown in a blowout. Only an idiot would do that to Payton and we wouldn't want to pull an idiot move like that.
[ Edited by nannite on Apr 1, 2012 at 10:36 AM ]
If I were indy, just to begin negotiations I would ask for all 12/13 draft picks plus Bowman, Iupati and Kaep. If SF says yes to that, then the real negotiations would begin. In the end, we probably lose Staley plus 2 other young players.
.seh***b pus
No way we do
What would it cost to move up for Luck like 4 1sts or something?
Even if, the Colts would never give it up, they made up their mind about Luck the moment swamp boy went out the door. -You'd have to have blackmail under the tape s**t to do it.
HarBaalke has done such a fine job putting pieces together this offseason that they could afford to "pull a Ditka" with some of the later round picks in order to acquire a selection in the earlier rounds. They shouldn't consolidate their early picks, though. They might be happy coming away from the draft with 3-4 solid selections by consolidating picks 4-7. Then again, that might be just the Madden player in me Franchise mode is da shiznit.
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:
You want to ditch Frank after all these years of his valuable service, right when were heavy contenders.??? thats like leading the horse to water, and shooting it before it has a chance to drink!

The same as the rest of the players on the team Einstein.