There are 106 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Any chance we pull a Ditka?

I don't think there's any realistic chance to land Luck without offering Patrick Willis AND picks. Even then, Manning is gone so Indy needs a QB. Don't see this happening.
We can't get there from #30. It would just be too costly.
Somehow, I don't see Harbaugh doing this:

Or this:

But, I do see him offering "Chair Hats" to anyone (Moss, Jacobs, Cox) that gets out of line:

Originally posted by nickbradley:
Not a full-on Ditka, but I could see us pulling a 2011 Atlanta Falcons to go up and grab Trent Richardson or Justin Blackmon. They traded a current-year 1st, 2nd, and 4th and a future year 1st and 4th. Pretty even if you assume a 50% discount on future pick values.

How about this (ready to be flamed) trade to CLE (they want to trade down):

2012 #30
2012 #61
2013 First Round Pick
Frank Gore

49ers Draft Trent Richardson at #4, a guard in the 3rd, and a WR in the later rounds.

Not a chance in hell they would give that much for anyone not named Andrew Luck or RG3. Seriously? 2 firsts, a 2nd, and Gore to get a RB?
Not a full-on Ditka, but I could see us pulling a 2011 Atlanta Falcons to go up and grab Trent Richardson or Justin Blackmon. They traded a current-year 1st, 2nd, and 4th and a future year 1st and 4th. Pretty even if you assume a 50% discount on future pick values.

2012 #30
2012 #61
2013 First Round Pick
Frank Gore

49ers Draft Trent Richardson at #4, a guard in the 3rd, and a WR in the later rounds.

At least you aren't proposing drafting a OT and moving Davis to OG again. God help us if the Vikings don't take Kalil at #3 and then the Niners make this trade.
no way we trade gire
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Somehow, I don't see Harbaugh doing this:

Is that real?

What a f*g
YOLO
Never. This team is not desperate. I'm sure they might draft for need with 2 picks at the most but other than that they will go with best player available. Which will work wonders for our team because we're already stacked. Colin K has loads of potential which is another reason why we won't do what Ditka did.
No way in hell would we do that...
No way Indy would make this trade after letting Manning walk.

2012 #30
2012 #61
2013 First Round Pick
Frank Gore

You need to get a hold of yourself.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Not a chance in hell they would give that much for anyone not named Andrew Luck or RG3. Seriously? 2 firsts, a 2nd, and Gore to get a RB?

Try it on madden dude you'll see how genius it is
Originally posted by susweel:

this