There are 98 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Any chance we pull a Ditka?

• JDog
  • Veteran
I am not recomending this. I am just wondering with as close as we were last year and the flirtation with PM.

Could it be feesible that Harbaugh convinces Balke to go all in on Luck?

Would we have the ammo, would they include Alex, is Luck better than what we have now?

Flame away
I would say there is no chance. I am curious what it would take, though.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
There's an unconfirmed rumor (may even just be someone thinking it up) that there was talks of give up many picks over the next 3 years to move up for Luck.

comment on the 2nd video from youtube
His mammoth dick must have nudged the table when he was getting up; I'm surprised it didn't go flying to the back of the room... room must have cold.
[ Edited by valrod33 on Mar 28, 2012 at 1:25 PM ]
Not a full-on Ditka, but I could see us pulling a 2011 Atlanta Falcons to go up and grab Trent Richardson or Justin Blackmon. They traded a current-year 1st, 2nd, and 4th and a future year 1st and 4th. Pretty even if you assume a 50% discount on future pick values.

How about this (ready to be flamed) trade to CLE (they want to trade down):

2012 #30
2012 #61
2013 First Round Pick
Frank Gore

49ers Draft Trent Richardson at #4, a guard in the 3rd, and a WR in the later rounds.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Not a full-on Ditka, but I could see us pulling a 2011 Atlanta Falcons to go up and grab Trent Richardson or Justin Blackmon. They traded a current-year 1st, 2nd, and 4th and a future year 1st and 4th. Pretty even if you assume a 50% discount on future pick values.

2012 #30
2012 #61
2013 First Round Pick
Frank Gore

49ers Draft Trent Richardson at #4, a guard in the 3rd, and a WR in the later rounds.

Intriguing!
No. None. Zero.
Originally posted by sspiker:
No. None. Zero.

Not even that much.
Less than ZERO to the millionth power.

But, our guys are very smart. Baalke/JH won't do anything stupid and if there is a deal that works out for us - they'll take it.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Less than ZERO to the millionth power.

But, our guys are very smart. Baalke/JH won't do anything stupid and if there is a deal that works out for us - they'll take it.

-2 < 0

(-2)^10e6 = very large POSITIVE number

fyi
We would if we could... but the Colts won't!

So no, zero.
Originally posted by nickbradley:

2012 #30
2012 #61
2013 First Round Pick
Frank Gore

You want to ditch Frank after all these years of his valuable service, right when were heavy contenders.??? thats like leading the horse to water, and shooting it before it has a chance to drink!
  • kem99
  • Veteran
After everything the Colts went through with cutting Manning, they are not going to trade out of being able to draft Luck absent getting a young franchise WB in the deal. But, even if they would consider the idea, if the Redskins gave up 3 first round picks plus additional picks to go from #6 to #2, what would it take to go from #30 to #1? This years entire draft plus the next 5 years of first round picks and CK?

The idea of trading up for Richardson (or someone else) if they started to slip would seem to be a possibility.
I thought you guys are convinced that Smith can do the job? Is reality setting in? Realizing he is not the answer?