There are 190 users in the forums

Keep in mind... Baalke likes workout worriors

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Aldon had fantastic measurables, and the thing Baalke consistently mentioned was his impressive wingspan. The point is he goes for talent and upside, over steady production with limited upside. That doesn't mean he won't draft a player with good tape, just that he's less risk averse. A perfect example is A. Davis being taken over Bulaga (this was one of his few bad moves as we now see). Bulaga was a great college player, and had a medium cieling, but a high floor. Davis on the other hand had a huge cieling, but also a very low floor. He went with potential. Sometimes this pays off (Aldon) and sometimes it doesn't (A. Davis). Point is that a guy like Stephen Hill fits the mold, while I don't see Zeitler as Baalke's type of 1st round pick. Simply too little upside

Anthony Davis was playing at a very high level towards the end of the year. Davis will be a very fine player for us for the next decade.

Agree with this for sure. Davis will be just fine.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Aldon had fantastic measurables, and the thing Baalke consistently mentioned was his impressive wingspan. The point is he goes for talent and upside, over steady production with limited upside. That doesn't mean he won't draft a player with good tape, just that he's less risk averse. A perfect example is A. Davis being taken over Bulaga (this was one of his few bad moves as we now see). Bulaga was a great college player, and had a medium cieling, but a high floor. Davis on the other hand had a huge cieling, but also a very low floor. He went with potential. Sometimes this pays off (Aldon) and sometimes it doesn't (A. Davis). Point is that a guy like Stephen Hill fits the mold, while I don't see Zeitler as Baalke's type of 1st round pick. Simply too little upside

Anthony Davis was playing at a very high level towards the end of the year. Davis will be a very fine player for us for the next decade.

Agree with this for sure. Davis will be just fine.

For sure. The kid still has size, speed, feet, agility, and a nasty streak. He could be scary w/a full offseason.
I saw a mean streak in the starting in the kid and am eagerly awaiting what confidence and a full off season can do for his performance.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Baalke has said that the first thing he looks at in the draft are the intangibles.

I guess he asks:
Do they love football?
Are they hard workers?
Can they be coached?
Will they be good teammates?

If the intangibles are not right, they do not continue looking.
Share 49ersWebzone