There are 181 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anthony Dixon's Draft Replacement

Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
Jesus I hope not...

Not that he's really setting the league on fire, but the year they drafted Coffee, the Jets traded up to grab Sean Green right ahead of us. Green would have been a perfect fit for us. To hate on Glen Coffee even more, remember we had LeGarrett Blount initially. I think he saw our roster with Gore, Coffee and recently drafted Dixon, and went to TB for a better shot at starting. I think if Coffee "retired" before the draft instead of after, we would have had Blount backing up Gore.

COOOFFFFFFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

I'm really not sure that the roster was the reason Blount didn't sign with us. He went to the Titans instead, who were just as stocked (probably more so) with Chris Johnson, Javon Ringer, and somebody else who was looking great in pre-season. The Titans released Blount, and then he went to the Bucs.

DONT YOU DARE STICK UP FOR COFFEE!!! lol I hear you RDB, this is what I read on ESPN when it went down though =

"He's a different kind of halfback than the running backs we have and I think the opportunity is probably better here than it was in San Francisco," Reinfeldt said, noting the Niners have Frank Gore and Glen Coffee on the roster and took Anthony Dixon of Mississippi State in the draft. "They have three kinds of power halfbacks. [Blount's] a different dimension for us."

I think if Glenn wasn't on the roster, it would have been a little more even. Oh well, and if my Aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.
[ Edited by DRUSTOPO on Mar 30, 2012 at 7:15 AM ]
So much for this thread after the Jacobs signing . I guess the FO looked at their draft board, where are picks were, what the RBs next year look like ( Ball,Latimore, Pierce, Randle ) and decided to go in another direction. Hopefully Brandon can push Dixon to the next level, or out the door. Obviously it needed to be addressed one way or another.
[ Edited by DRUSTOPO on Mar 30, 2012 at 7:15 AM ]
So much for this thread after the Jacobs signing . I guess the FO looked at their draft board, where are picks were, what the RBs next year look like ( Ball,Latimore, Pierce, Randle ) and decided to go in another direction. Hopefully Brandon can push Dixon to the next level, or out the door. Obviously it needed to be addressed one way or another.

wouldn't mind seeing a late pick like Martinek from Rutgers (never heard of him before this week) come in and compete. I never saw him go down from first contact, he has blitz pickup down already, and he has great hands. He would be a special teams beast, IMO, which makes him more versatile than Jacobs. Would love to see that complacent ass bounced off this team by someone who competes aggressively and consistently.
DONT YOU DARE STICK UP FOR COFFEE!!! lol I hear you RDB, this is what I read on ESPN when it went down though =

"He's a different kind of halfback than the running backs we have and I think the opportunity is probably better here than it was in San Francisco," Reinfeldt said, noting the Niners have Frank Gore and Glen Coffee on the roster and took Anthony Dixon of Mississippi State in the draft. "They have three kinds of power halfbacks. [Blount's] a different dimension for us."

I think if Glenn wasn't on the roster, it would have been a little more even. Oh well, and if my Aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

I can't tell if you're being facetious with your spelling of Greene's name.
Originally posted by dhp318:

You mean Shonn?
This doesnt mean we dont draft a RB, it just means we arent looking for a "type". IMO it puts Miller, Rainey, Turbin, etc. all on the table if they are good value for where they will be picking.
Originally posted by 5280High:
This doesnt mean we dont draft a RB, it just means we arent looking for a "type". IMO it puts Miller, Rainey, Turbin, etc. all on the table if they are good value for where they will be picking.

Not gonna happen now IMO. We will only dress 4 (maybe 5) on game day and we have 4 locks right now for the most part.
Originally posted by dhp318:

haha, no just a misspelling, Im not that clever
Originally posted by 5280High:

Im real high on Hunter. Im a Big 10 fan, but two years ago I did a college football fantasy league. It was the first time I did a college league and lucked into Hunter. I followed him the entire year ( something I wouldnt have done without that league ), and he was unbelievable. I would like to see Kendal take the lead at some point and be a Brian Westbrook ( in his prime ) type of back. I still think we need a bruiser to complement him though in the long run. I don't see the value in bringing in another light back, its like drafting the same player twice. I think with the Jacobs signing we pass this year, get rid of Dixon and Jacobs next year and draft a young bruiser. Those two plus an aging Gore would be a nice backfield of the future....as long as we get that solid big back though. And thats a BIG "as long as".
He run funny.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
wouldn't mind seeing a late pick like Martinek from Rutgers (never heard of him before this week) come in and compete. I never saw him go down from first contact, he has blitz pickup down already, and he has great hands. He would be a special teams beast, IMO, which makes him more versatile than Jacobs. Would love to see that complacent ass bounced off this team by someone who competes aggressively and consistently.

I like the idea of taking Martinek also. In the highlight video he seemed like a perfect fit to a west-coast offense. Great hands, good blitz pick-up, deceptive speed and tough running. If he's still available in the 6th or 7th I wouldn't mind drafting him at all.