LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 246 users in the forums

Luck vs RG3

Luck vs RG3

• titan
  • Veteran
Luck reminds me of Mathew Stafford and RG3 reminds me of Kordell Stewart.
RG3
I believe the Colts are making a mistake. Luck is good and NFL ready week 1. But the next Elway or Manning? I just don't see it. He's a good QB without a terrific ceiling..

Griffin is the complete package. He throws the ball with more accuracy short, medium, long, moves around more effectively, throws the ball harder, has quicker footwork and is quicker overall. Perhaps the smartest player in the draft too. For all the Redskins gave it will end up looking like a small price to pay.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I believe the Colts are making a mistake. Luck is good and NFL ready week 1. But the next Elway or Manning? I just don't see it. He's a good QB without a terrific ceiling..

Griffin is the complete package. He throws the ball with more accuracy short, medium, long, moves around more effectively, throws the ball harder, has quicker footwork and is quicker overall. Perhaps the smartest player in the draft too. For all the Redskins gave it will end up looking like a small price to pay.

Luck is coming out of College having 3 great years and looks like Peyton when he came out of College. RGIII has one good college year and wow he's better than Luck? Luck is a Pro Style which are QB that Always win SuperBowls the last Pro Style QB to win a Super Bowl was Doug Williams.
Originally posted by Kaz9er:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
you watched film?

Yes

classic

will never get old
Originally posted by rafachivas12:
Luck is coming out of College having 3 great years and looks like Peyton when he came out of College. RGIII has one good college year and wow he's better than Luck? Luck is a Pro Style which are QB that Always win SuperBowls the last Pro Style QB to win a Super Bowl was Doug Williams.

Griffin had three good years including 28 total TDs in '08, 30 in 2010, and 47 last year. And he did all this without Harbaugh coaching him.

Also that last sentence made me go

That's not true. His 40 time was still in the 4.6 range, similar to Cam Newton. Trent Dilfer's worked out with Luck and said his arm is strong enough to hit the cross bars on the field goal from 70 yards out. Luck's intellectually beyond any rookie QB potentially ever, he can already take 3 plays at the line of scrimmage and call one. That's in a PRO STYLE offense. His footwork is already fantastic, and his throwing motion is really good. His accuracy is really good. I don't see how you can say RG3 throws the ball with more accuracy short, medium, and long. RG3's footwork is better? Did you even watch Luck play? RG3 played in a spread offense, Luck played in a pro style O all 3 years. Luck is smarter than RG3, atleast on the field. RG3 is a really good prospect but there's a reason Luck is going to be taken number 1.

BTW The only reason Griffin's stats are better than Luck's is because he had Kendall Wright as a WR and played in a spread offense. Luck could've easily done the same things that Griffin did IMO. Luck played in a pro style O and took Stanford to almost win a national championship even without Harbaugh as coach. That takes skills.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
That's not true. His 40 time was still in the 4.6 range, similar to Cam Newton. Trent Dilfer's worked out with Luck and said his arm is strong enough to hit the cross bars on the field goal from 70 yards out. Luck's intellectually beyond any rookie QB potentially ever, he can already take 3 plays at the line of scrimmage and call one. That's in a PRO STYLE offense. His footwork is already fantastic, and his throwing motion is really good. His accuracy is really good. I don't see how you can say RG3 throws the ball with more accuracy short, medium, and long. RG3's footwork is better? Did you even watch Luck play? RG3 played in a spread offense, Luck played in a pro style O all 3 years. Luck is smarter than RG3, atleast on the field. RG3 is a really good prospect but there's a reason Luck is going to be taken number 1.

BTW The only reason Griffin's stats are better than Luck's is because he had Kendall Wright as a WR and played in a spread offense. Luck could've easily done the same things that Griffin did IMO. Luck played in a pro style O and took Stanford to almost win a national championship even without Harbaugh as coach. That takes skills.

We'll find out when they play the games. Looking forward to it.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

We'll find out when they play the games. Looking forward to it.

They're both going to be really good. Luck could be the best QB ever IMO, or like top 3 or 5 though. His mind is like Peyton Manning and his physical tools are similar to John Elway. I like RG3 though, don't get me wrong. He is going to be a really dynamic player, and as long as Washington gets some play makers around him he could win some titles with them in the future.
Hopefully, they won't be good enough to beat us.

Share 49ersWebzone