LISTEN: The 49ers Pick Is In! →

There are 364 users in the forums

Luck vs RG3

Luck vs RG3

• mike
  • Veteran
Whoever gets into the better situation will end up the better QB. I think both are tremendous. But in those early years if your o-line sucks and you have no one to throw to, it can really do damage to a rookie's confidence.

The colts seem to be in full on rebuild mode, assuming Luck goes there, he is going to have no one to throw to and their o-line- which was mediocre, lost pro bowl center Jeff Saturday. Now the redskins don't exactly have a great o-line either, but they hit free agency hard and at least got some talented receivers.

Whoever goes to the Colts has huge shoes to fill with little help doing it.
Originally posted by bors:
according to the polls 70% zone is wacist

i dont think just because you favor RG3 that your racist...youre just wrong
[ Edited by hofer36 on Mar 25, 2012 at 12:16 AM ]
the situation has nothing ro do with how a young qb will perform...at least that is what many here seem to believe with concern to alex smith
Originally posted by mike:
Whoever gets into the better situation will end up the better QB. I think both are tremendous. But in those early years if your o-line sucks and you have no one to throw to, it can really do damage to a rookie's confidence.

The colts seem to be in full on rebuild mode, assuming Luck goes there, he is going to have no one to throw to and their o-line- which was mediocre, lost pro bowl center Jeff Saturday. Now the redskins don't exactly have a great o-line either, but they hit free agency hard and at least got some talented receivers.

Whoever goes to the Colts has huge shoes to fill with little help doing it.
there is no correlation between the type of situation a young qb is put in and their performance..at least that is what many here have maintained in looking at alex smith
Originally posted by susweel:
Been doing some watching of game film on both of these guys and before I was sure Luck was way better than RG3 but now I think the Colts have serious decision on their hands.

Luck seems more mentally ready to be a franchise QB.

RG3 seems like a better physical talent as far pure passer and a better talent.

Who would you pick ?

Luck.

DMoney is on the money - read his post.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by susweel:
Been doing some watching of game film on both of these guys and before I was sure Luck was way better than RG3 but now I think the Colts have serious decision on their hands.

Luck seems more mentally ready to be a franchise QB.

RG3 seems like a better physical talent as far pure passer and a better talent.

Who would you pick ?

Mods this guy is stalking me.
Originally posted by D-Money:
Originally posted by Draftology:
I think people have been hearing about Luck for so long that they aren't even considering RGIII. I understand college stats don't matter much, but they show that Baylor relied on RGIII, while Stanford relied on the running game. In fact, Stanford ran over 55% of the time all four years Luck was there. Griffin played against tougher defenses as well. They also had virtually the same bad decision rate. Greg Cosell of NFL films gives the edge to RGIII also. He has way more potential given his superior speed and arm strength. He can also be productive right away given that his offensive system is a "pro spread" and he is extremely accurate.

Greg Cosell's opinions are highly overrated. Hands down its Luck.
Let me ask you this question would you rather have Peyton Manning with wheels or Mike Vick as a better pocket passer and off field decision maker. Don't get me wrong I like both qbs a lot. I thought Washington was smart as hell to make the trade for the #2 pick, but Luck has been the #1 pick since he signed with Stanford, he is that good.
Obviously Peyton Manning, but I think both of those comparisons are unfair. Manning has a superior arm to Luck and RGIII projects as a significantly better passer than Vick. Athleticism aside, I think Luck and RGIII are very comparable passers. Luck has slightly better accuracy. RGIII has a slightly better arm. There is no single category where one is way better in terms of passing even though people think Luck is a much better decision maker. The numbers prove that is simply untrue. I think it's also concerning how little Stanford actually relied on Luck, considering the Colts will ask him to throw at least 55% of the time.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
I trust the larger body of work. RGIII was under the radar until this season.
I think it's a toss up at this point. I think the colts will take the Luck but RG3 is on par with him everywhere.

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter
No great surprise, it's what most expected, but Colts have told Andrew Luck they will take him with the No. 1 overall pick, per NFL source.
Luck will win out on his smarter play, better pocket play

Joe Montana was not physically superior to Elway or Marino. Being a better athlete had nothing to do with it. It came down to Joe's decision making ability, and being able to handle pressure. That made Joe the best!

Hell, Jamarcus "The BIG Bust" Russell caould throw a football 50 yards on his knees. So what!

Vick is probably 1 or 2 in respect to being the most athletic QB and he is NOT the best Qb in the game. He can't carry Brady's shoes and hasn't been a clutch player. He isn't better QB than Manning, Rodgers but he is a better athlete. So What!

I vote Luck to have a better career and last longer. He is still a very good athlete and not very far behind RGIII in that department.
Didn't JH try to get RG3 first at Stanford?
Originally posted by Joecool:

yes
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Joecool:

yes

Well that settles it!
Share 49ersWebzone