There are 158 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Draft Joe Adams?

This guy is easily the best return man in the draft, he has great speed, good deep threat, and a much better receiver than Ted Ginn

I say draft him at 30....thoughts?

http://youtu.be/o4BcGOk7NMA
[ Edited by 707Niners on Mar 22, 2012 at 12:58 AM ]
I don't think we'll be drafting a WR super early in the draft. I could be wrong though. Sounds like he fits what we need and looks like a talent.

In the future tho, you might want to post your threads in the Draft War Room
  • bors
  • Veteran
le sigh
  • mod
  • Veteran
Welcome!

Not off to a good start lulz
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Joe adams at #60 is far more likely. he's still a 2nd/3rd rounder.
Originally posted by sfout:

maybe 90
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by sfout:

maybe 90

yep I think he is mostly likely to be there at 90. I'd love if it played out that way.
This is why I am in favor of trading pick 30 to pick up a high second and third. I would much rather have 2 second round picks and 2 3rd round picks to simply increase odds of getting good developmental players.

High round 2 pick - Sanu WR- think he will drop to high second round, as there usually is a run on OL , qb's, DT's, early in the draft, WR's and RB's fall.
Low 2nd round pick- BPA between TE and OG/C
High 3rd round pick- Turbin RB
Low third round pick- Joe Adams
I like Joe Adams as a WR. He is quick on the field, runs clean routes, and has the ability to drive off his man in routes. Probably ends up a late 3rd round draftee.
I think his slower then expected 40 time will make him available at or 3 rd round pick.
i say in the 2nd round would be better if Harbaugh feels this kid is worth it. i heard he is faster on the field than his 40 time says. He would be a pretty good slot receiver to develop also. I wouldnt mind devon wylie either tho...they are pretty similar
30 is way too high. I have him going at the end of the 4th round, and may drop him further. He could go to a team sooner, assuming they are OK with the substantial risk. This is why I have him going lower:

- Thin frame, does not appear built to take many hits in the NFL, scouts worry this means he may only be able to be a gadget player. Has valid durability concerns.

- Did not run very well at the combine (4.55), posting a 7.09 three cone time, which is not very good for a receiver that size, and was among the worst at the combine.

- Did not have much better of a pro day. Lifted the bar only 7 times, confirming teams' questions about his strength. His 4.46 pro day time will likely be adjusted to a 4.51-4.55. However, I believe he's faster on the field.

- Suffered a stroke a couple years ago. This is a serious issue that teams will look into, and some may take him off their board entirely for, possibly.
I doubt that they will draft Adams after re-signing Teddy Ginn.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
I doubt that they will draft Adams after re-signing Teddy Ginn.

woo! for the Ginn signing! No sh***y special teams plays this year!