Niners mock draft:

(1) Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford

(2) Amini Silatolu, OG, Midwestern State

(3) Robert Turbin, RB, Utah State

(4) TY Hilton, WR/KR, Florida International

(5) Brandon Lindsey, OLB, Pittsburg

(6) Janzen Jackson, FS, McNeese State

(7) Chris Owusu, WR, Stanford
Solid picks. I might have gone with a corner somewhere in the mid rounds, but since Rogers resigned and Culliver is pretty solid for the 3rd defensive back, it's not a horribly pressing concern. Every need is addressed. Well done.
I like this mock as well....although with the plethora of good DLmen in this draft, I feel the Niner will definitely go after someone to add to their DL rotation this season to help spell McDonald and J Smith.
Good mock.

Fleener just makes so much sense and will add complexity to our game planning.

Silatolu in the 2nd addresses a key need and concern. I'm really hoping Kilgore can step into the position. BUT even if he does, we need depth and someone who cann come in and play. If Kilgore can't make the grade at this time Silatolu seems to be an excellent pick to fit in.

The other picks are all very good and if it went down like this I'd feel very good going into training camp.
ill take you guys word for it that fleener is a great TE, but do we really need another one?

I thought Davis and Walker were solid
It's alright, like I said I'm down with whatever Harbaugh and company want to do. So if they want Fleener -cool, him and Davis would be awesome together. As far as the rest of the draft- meh, it looks the same as 90% of the mock drafts on here. Seems like everybody is hyped up on the same people.
Originally posted by blake6905:
ill take you guys word for it that fleener is a great TE, but do we really need another one?

I thought Davis and Walker were solid

Walker is the epitome of inconsistency. He'll have a great catch (DET) then disappear for 4-5 games. He has the speed, but nothing else really stands out. Fleener is like having two Vernon Davis' on the field.
Fleener will be gone by the time we pick.
Originally posted by LoboLtnLvr49er:
Fleener will be gone by the time we pick.

Your right. He might be gone now after his pro-day
heard he had a good 40 time today

Fleener ran an unoffical 4.45 forty. He's way gone by #30. Forget it. He could go top 15 now. Easily top 20. When people see Gronkowski and Graham and the success they had they are looking for a big TE. And he will be the 1st off the board.
Any draft with Fleener in it is going to be popular. He's this year's webzone mancrush.

I like the Silatolu pick more, personally.
finally a mock with Ty Hilton. i like the fleener pick but i dont think he,ll make it til 29
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
(1) Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford

(2) Amini Silatolu, OG, Midwestern State

(3) Robert Turbin, RB, Utah State

(4) TY Hilton, WR/KR, Florida International

(5) Brandon Lindsey, OLB, Pittsburg

(6) Janzen Jackson, FS, McNeese State

(7) Chris Owusu, WR, Stanford

Luvz the first three rounds.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
If I could have any single draft this would probably be it.
[ Edited by sfout on Mar 23, 2012 at 8:20 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone